Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Just now, Greensleeves said:

not a chance - there will be a new logo and new uni's 

The Jets outright said the logo was changing, didn't they?

Along with their comments on "bold" change of the entire uniform.

Seems a triangle logo and a black version of the Eagles uniforms is what fans generally think the Jets meant by "bold".

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jerseys are uncomfortable to wear, make you look like a man-child, and you’re wearing another man’s name across your back. Jersey-wearers are odd birds and the fact that this thread is highly trafficked is odd. 

After 15 years old, the only acceptable place to wear a football jersey is actually at the game. Anywhere else you look like a mongo.  That goes for pretty much every sport, especially hockey jerseys (hockey jerseys are the best jerseys of all, but if you are walking around in one and not on your way to the arena, I automatically assume you're heading home to your mom's basement to heat up a digiorno).  

Basketball jerseys may be worn on the beach. They are cool.

And these are the jersey laws.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

D979C2B4-2284-480D-B725-FB2E5416E916.jpeg

These are still my favorite mock's i've seen. Really want something along the lines of this but it doesn't seem likely. Either Grey/Black are destined to be in there. 

would be very disappointed with these - not original in the least and why tease us so much and then givie us a similar look to what we have. I really hope it's something modern and completely different like the reddit designs that were leaked or there would be no need for the Jets to jump through hoops with the league. These uni's probably could have been passed in a year I'm guessing. If you squint, the helmets look exactly the same as what we have now.

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes it does but expected from this organization.   

Do like I will continue to wear the old stuff buy nothing new. 

Nobody has seen the new uniforms but whining has already begun.  Besides, though the old uniforms were classy it is associated with losing. Regardless of whether or not the new uniforms are nice, if the Jets start winning it will be associated with winning! That's what marketing is all about!

The old red white and blue Patriots uniforms are much nicer than the current version, but what they wear today is associated with winning! Their old classic uniforms were better but they were losers!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Nobody has seen the new uniforms but whining has already begun.  Besides, though the old uniforms were classy it is associated with losing. Regardless of whether or not the new uniforms are nice, if the Jets start winning it will be associated with winning! That's what marketing is all about!

The old red white and blue Patriots uniforms are much nicer than the current version, but what they wear today is associated with winning! Their old classic uniforms were better but they were losers!

Psst, it's not the uniforms that are "associated with losing".  

It's the franchise.

• Upvote 2

114 pages about uniforms?  Crazy.

I know there's been a lot of discussion about Nike and how current sales are obviously being impacted, but just a tip....if you have some spare cash it might not be a bad idea to grab an authentic Darnold or Adams jersey (in current design) and stash it away for a decade.  Could become a collectors item if it's untouched.

A few years ago I bought an authentic Klecko jersey from the early 80's.  I love it and it seems retro.  We'd have to wait but today's jersey might someday seem retro too.

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

BTW this all could've been avoided if they had just slightly lightened / brightened the god damn green and left everything else alone

Just no. Our logo is terrible and uni's not much better. After our Super Bowl it represents a whole lot of losing. I for one hope it's a huge change and represents the Jets better from a design standpoint. The bigger the change the better, as long as green is somehow involved. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

DISCUSSION has begun if you interpret  it as whining I don't know what to tell you this is a message board where opinions vary and they are discussed. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know there's been a lot of discussion about Nike and how current sales are obviously being impacted, but just a tip....if you have some spare cash it might not be a bad idea to grab an authentic Darnold or Adams jersey (in current design) and stash it away for a decade.  Could become a collectors item if it's untouched.

In a decade, you might stand to make TENS of dollars!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Psst, it's not the uniforms that are "associated with losing".  

It's the franchise.

It was the same with the Patriots! Obviously the uniforms are not what cause a team to win or lose, but it's also a business! If Jets long term success coincides with a new logo, they will be thought of as winners. It's marketing 101!

its 114 pages and even though there is bickering (what thread doesn't have it), it is refreshing to have something else to talk about during the off season.  Of course the draft and FA are more important but never the less, this is something that many of us do enjoy talking about.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One slight correction: the Jets marketing department is laughably bad and couldn’t market the Plan B pill to cheerleaders. This is all Nike. 

Give the Devil his due.  The Jets marketing department has accomplished it's mission.  Nike makes the uniform, but the Jets are promoting the change.

I remember telling you guys about the Vikings game and how cold it was I remember going to the concession store in the stadium to buy my wife a blanket. The $20 blanket sold mostly everywhere was $150 at the stadium.  

So if anyone has any doubt that the NY Jets will most definitely screw this up and overcharge for new merchandise, guess what you are dead wrong. 

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Give the Devil his due.  The Jets marketing department has accomplished it's mission.  Nike makes the uniform, but the Jets are promoting the change.

Except here's what the Jets marketing department makes off of this 114 page thread.......

$0.00

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

It was the same with the Patriots! Obviously the uniforms are not what cause a team to win or lose, but it's also a business! If Jets long term success coincides with a new logo, they will be thought of as winners. It's marketing 101!

Same can be said about the Broncos, they went to 4 Super Bowls & lost all 4... the year they changed uniforms they win 2 Super Bowls in a row & 3 out 4.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Except here's what the Jets marketing department makes off of this 114 page thread.......

$0.00

Jets marketing employee: I read JetNation and fans are pissed about a uniform change they may burn down the concession stands and buy no merchandise in the stores. 

#2 Jets marketing employee: A lot of the fans seem to like it on JetNation from what I read. 

#3 Jets marketing employee: no worries Jets fans are a glutton for punishment they will buy anything with the Jets name on it. 

What does everyone think how many pages until we get the legit leak?

I honestly think this gets to 135 pages by the leak(assuming we get to maybe the last few day of March/First few days of April.

Then the flood gates open with opinions and bickering.  I think we easily surpass 175 pages after everything is all said and done 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jerseys are uncomfortable to wear, make you look like a man-child, and you’re wearing another man’s name across your back. Jersey-wearers are odd birds and the fact that this thread is highly trafficked is odd. 

Goddamnit, now you tell me.....

lf.thumb.jpg.24ffbe4c3694f8b15ef794f9523f2f30.jpg

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

After 15 years old, the only acceptable place to wear a football jersey is actually at the game. Anywhere else you look like a mongo.  That goes for pretty much every sport, especially hockey jerseys (hockey jerseys are the best jerseys of all, but if you are walking around in one and not on your way to the arena, I automatically assume you're heading home to your mom's basement to heat up a digiorno).  

Basketball jerseys may be worn on the beach. They are cool.

And these are the jersey laws.

I agree, but I will add a couple more acceptable locations:

Fantasy drafts

Draft or Superbowl Party

After those instances, nope.  Not appropriate anywhere.

10 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I agree, but I will add a couple more acceptable locations:

Fantasy drafts

Draft or Superbowl Party

After those instances, nope.  Not appropriate anywhere.

Yeah I was going to say completely  disagree, nothing wrong with wearing a Jersey at the game, watching the game at home/friends place/bar etc, superbowl party, fantasy draft, charity work/work, kids game.

How bout just be a fan

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah I was going to say completely  disagree, nothing wrong with wearing a Jersey at the game, watching the game at home/friends place/bar etc, superbowl party, fantasy draft, charity work/work, kids game.

How bout just be a fan

@joewilly12 wants to be buried with his on.  Also, acceptable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

One slight correction: the Jets marketing department is laughably bad and couldn’t market the Plan B pill to cheerleaders. This is all Nike. 

Jets announce release date for new uniforms – and fans are already nervous they'll screw them up                                                                     http://s.nj.com/Cz5rDME 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why are so many folks shocked about the length of this thread?  I find this way more entertaining than another "Mac sucks" thread anyway. 

Uniforms literally identify the team, whether they're 6 time SB champs or perennial bottom feeders.  Wearing team swag is a way for a fan to feel like they're part of the tribe.  It makes them feel good.  Fans are proud to rep their team, even if their team stinks, so of course a drastic uniform change would bring out a ton of discussion and opinion.  DUH.  

It's the most important decision the Jets will make in 20 years. Outside of drafting Darnold (assuming he pans out) nothing will be more important or influential. Every other decision (good or bad) can be changed or washed away in a few years. If Gase sucks? He's gone in three years anyway, we move on. 

We're likely going to be stuck with these unis for a generation. I hope and pray they aren't god awful.

• Upvote 1