Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 hours ago, teptep said:

Return of a wordmark concept for the helmet?  The tip of the wedge/concord plane up top?  Is the diagonal line actually the space between an interlocking "J" and "E" ?

j-word.jpg

That's definitely a "JE" in the image, reminiscent of the deadly dull 1980s design. Very disappointing. Was hoping they'd drop the letters and go with a dynamic graphical logo. *Yawn* Typical Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

No, i didn't just look at a bunch of photoshops and ideas.  You're assuming everything out there is fake while i believe some might be legitimate leaks.  What i personally can see in the video supports what i believe it to be.  I did say it's what i believe but you are free to ridicule it.  That's what forums are for.  So if you believe my "guess" is incorrect, this should be easy money for you.  A bet is the best way to reward/punish who's right/wrong.  Name the amount.  Don't forget, it's a friendly wager, haha.  We'll go by the honor system.

People see what they want, believe what they want.  No one has leaked anything out.  Even with the Jets videos, no one has as an idea that they are showing anything.

Other than what you want.  That's fine.  But like some you want to argue, bet, whatever that your opinions are right and based on leaks.  Fine, leave it at that.  You can't seem to get that it's cool to have an opinion about your guesses but betting anyone etc is funny

2 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Par of it has to do with licensing as well, and for retails to adjust their stock of items they may not be able to move once a new design is out there.  This helps allow more time to push the items in stock, and make adjustments to future orders.  

I remember reading that somewhere.

No one has 4 years of stock on hand that needs to be moved.  One year is more than enough time to replace stock.  I always remember hearing that a plan to change a uniform needs to be announced to the league a year in advance.  Makes more than enough sense

46 minutes ago, rayzor said:

No, i didn't just look at a bunch of photoshops and ideas.  You're assuming everything out there is fake while i believe some might be legitimate leaks.  What i personally can see in the video supports what i believe it to be.  I did say it's what i believe but you are free to ridicule it.  That's what forums are for.  So if you believe my "guess" is incorrect, this should be easy money for you.  A bet is the best way to reward/punish who's right/wrong.  Name the amount.  Don't forget, it's a friendly wager, haha.  We'll go by the honor system.

You're almost 100% wrong.  The "leak" you saw, and are mentioning, was proven fake a long time ago.  It was a photoshopped image of Ziggy Ansah from the Lions Uniform reveal.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People see what they want, believe what they want.  No one has leaked anything out.  Even with the Jets videos, no one has as an idea that they are showing anything.

Other than what you want.  That's fine.  But like some you want to argue, bet, whatever that your opinions are right and based on leaks.  Fine, leave it at that.  You can't seem to get that it's cool to have an opinion about your guesses but betting anyone etc is funny

I wasn't trying to argue with anyone.  I was just putting my opinion out there like everyone here.  I never bash people for their opinions.  You could be right that there never were any leaks but you don't know that either?  You're actually guessing too.  I threw the bet out there because i think i have a good chance of winning it, haha.  This  release can't come soon enough!

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I wasn't trying to argue with anyone.  I was just putting my opinion out there like everyone here.  I never bash people for their opinions.  You could be right that there never were any leaks but you don't know that either?  You're actually guessing too.  I threw the bet out there because i think i have a good chance of winning it, haha.  This  release can't some soon enough!

One thing we definitely agree on is your last sentence.  Under a month to go!

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You're almost 100% wrong.  The "leak" you saw, and are mentioning, was proven fake a long time ago.  It was a photoshopped image of Ziggy Ansah from the Lions Uniform reveal.

I did read about the Ziggy Ansah Lion's reveal.  But was it really proven wrong?  I think it could be an early version that was mocked up with the Ziggy reveal and believe the final version will be very similar.  I hope i'm wrong but i'm trying to guess like everyone here, based on what has come out.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I did read about the Ziggy Ansah Lion's reveal.  But was it really proven wrong?  I think it could be an early version that was mocked up with the Ziggy reveal and believe the final version will be very similar.  I hope i'm wrong but i'm trying to guess like everyone here, based on what has come out.

So what Nike did was design a number of uniforms for the Lions.  The Lions turned this one down and when the Jets decided to change up their uniforms Nike said here you go, take the rejected Lions jersey and just change up the colors.  That's what we decided after initiating this bold change 4 years ago?  After 3 years they settled on a reject uniform from a year ago?

I'll bet anything that other than the color green, any shade is green, these have nothing to do with our new uniforms

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what Nike did was design a number of uniforms for the Lions.  The Lions turned this one down and when the Jets decided to change up their uniforms Nike said here you go, take the rejected Lions jersey and just change up the colors.  That's what we decided after initiating this bold change 4 years ago?  After 3 years they settled on a reject uniform from a year ago?

I'll bet anything that other than the color green, any shade is green, these have nothing to do with our new uniforms

My debate is really over the helmets.  I think that part will be similar.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

My debate is really over the helmets.  I think that part will be similar.

Even worse.  By far.  An old rejected uniform was taken off of the internet and a kid with Photoshop designs a simplistic incredibly simple and ugly logo, slaps it on a helmet and you think it's similar to what we'll see? Want to bet over it.  

The logo, the most important change gets leaked, the uniform doesn't leak, not even the colors  lol.  Not a chance.

47 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yes.  The OP that created the thread claiming to have discovered/obtained the leak was called out on Reddit as soon as someone put the Ansah image up and pointed out that the NFL 100 logo isn't even real.   He promptly deleted his account and disappeared.  A quick search through his profile (before it was deleted) revealed that he also happened to be a graphic design artist.

Cool mock up, but unless he was privately working for the team designing the uniform and out it put as a QA test to feel out the fans opinions, it's bogus.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I love that people are breaking down a 10 second teaser video like it's the friggin' Zapruder film. 

In even more detail.

A 1/4 inch reflection or mark on a helmet that more than likely isnt even on our new helmet has been dissected and analyzed to death. 

Not bad enough but if you don't agree with the crazy theories, question why they would be so sloppy with hiding the changes, they get defensive

• Upvote 1

I was looking for something in my freezer and tucked away hidden way in the back of my freezer was an ice pop.  Its 20 degrees outside but I figured why not, finish it off its been in there since the summer.  As I started to open it I was shocked by the color it has to mean something. Could this be the NY Jets new color. 

Image result for lime green ice pop pics

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was looking for something in my freezer and tucked away hidden way in the back of my freezer was an ice pop.  Its 20 degrees outside but I figured why not, finish it off its been in there since the summer.  As I started to open it I was shocked by the color it has to mean something. Could this be the NY Jets new color. 

You were eating that pop outdoors?

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

That should've happened already.  The Falcons are the most obvious example.  They never should've gotten rid of the red.

image.png.e3a5cd2e4c0930c883b293044bba29dc.png

image.png.ae01f7deb412b2b9adfa200f7acd9074.png 

I think their current red tops with a black helmet looks really good. And if THEY use a black alternate it's not "black for blacks sake" but rather just using a secondary color. 

Teams like the Jets, Cardinals and 49ers should just stick with their two main colors and not introduce black for no reason other than to look tough like the Raiders or some BS.

BTW, I'd rather they had a two tone green than any use of black. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, rayzor said:

Comes back to this.  The only one that everyone says looks like the Eagles' unis.  Maybe an early mock since it doesn't have the new wing "triangle" anywhere on it? Everything they've shown could also be a smokescreen.

F42E1AE2-32D4-4668-9613-C8452CCBF881.jpeg

BC5CBEDA-795E-4C3C-B627-A7B3F20F5194.jpeg

This POS is someone's idea of a sick joke. It's been kicking around the internet for quite some time. They would be laughed out of the building in worse than high school garbage.

• Thumb Down 1

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

It's A SIGN!!!!! :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gibby said:
This POS is someone's idea of a sick joke. It's been kicking around the internet for quite some time. They would be laughed out of the building in worse than high school garbage.

They are actually pretty nice. They are different.   If we saw these in the AFL or XFL we probably wouldn't hate them.  

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

They are actually pretty nice. They are different.   If we saw these in the AFL or XFL we probably wouldn't hate them.  

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I mean.... everyone is entitled to their opinion.  We couldn't disagree more. I actually think this is absolute worst looking uniform I've ever seen. And it's not even close.