Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Mmm.. I can't make it out clearly but I bet the logo on this piece of paper is going to be the color and logo on the helmet..which resembles our current logo with Jets font.  Where this triangle stuff comes from I don't know.. I think it has black in it though underneath the leading edge of the 'wing'.

Anyway..  one month to go.  Possibly still white helmets with the logo filled with green...  

Can't wait!

image.png.b0a73725e995067b28421a645c23dc57.png

17 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Mmm.. I can't make it out clearly but I bet the logo on this piece of paper is going to be the color and logo on the helmet..which resembles our current logo with Jets font.  Where this triangle stuff comes from I don't know.. I think it has black in it though underneath the leading edge of the 'wing'.

Anyway..  one month to go.  Possibly still white helmets with the logo filled with green...  

Can't wait!

Someone with much better photo shop skills than I have should be able to take that image, blow it up and fix the pixelation that occurs when you try to zoom in?  Maybe?

ESPN NY radio host Alan Hahn is talkin about how would YOU redesign the new Jets uniform.

he did state from the video he saw:

a matte finish to helmet due to lack of sheen.

helmet looked grey or should/could be a gunmetal matte grey.

i see stripes over the shoulders not numbers 

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

5A23254E-6D6A-410C-A7FC-BE7B4DF5F0AE.jpeg

I like the look and color, but if I had never saw or knew much about American football, that helmet design would NOT lead me to think the team is based in NY or is somehow associated with a Jet, let alone a plane, in any visual or cognitive sense. It simply doesnt associate or register with the Jets unless you're a die hard fan who grew up watching the team in the 80s/90s and recognize the green helmet and what can be interpreted as a blown up/zoom-in shot of the Jet "nose" from the 80s word mark. 

I like it but it would be a confusing new logo/helmet design

3 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

Where this triangle stuff comes from I don't know.. I think it has black in it though underneath the leading edge of the 'wing'.

Can't wait!

12 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I see solid two stripes coming straight down over the shoulders and appear to be either white or (possibly) green while the numbers are on the sleeve. The current style has the two stripes more towards the sleeve and at an angle that blends in with the solid color of the sleeves. The reflection of the white light shows the stripes to be more central and independently contrasting the shoulder and sleeve color. 

They do seem to be pushing that "slash" style of font and underlining which is reminiscent of the Jets 80's logo and based upon a scalene or obtuse triangle used as a Jet plane, or possibly wing to tail:

scalene-triangle.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDZ1qPwlrzP8fB7hzETyR

New_York_Jets_Logo_1978_1997.png

The triangle thing/ underline is what others here are referring to as the "uneven stripe."

i think that the abstract geometric style of the underscore (uneven stripe) is a subtle play or homage to the Jet of the 80s word mark, which is really just a streamlined scaline triangle. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

It's painfully obvious why they chose the 4th to unveil. The colors of the rainbow are Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.

GREEN is the 4th color of the spectrum ergo must release on 4/4.

The fact that there are two 4's confirms that the helmet is also green.

Get cultured man!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

ROY G. BIV ?

9 hours ago, sourceworx said:

That's totally Leonard Williams in the video.

I have to give the Jets some credit with this. They are teasing this unveiling very well.

It also appears that they'll be keeping him as well... having him model the New unis would appear that he's staying.

8 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

That fading "jet" stripe is playing a major role in all of their marketing which means it will definitely be represented on the uni in some way. It will be interesting to see where that comes into play. Stripe down the pants? Shoulder stripes? Will the helmet stripe start thick in the front and end in point in the back? 

Also, not sure if that font is the exact same one that we are using now but either way I like it. 

Edit: Also, the video and the Press Release basically confirm the Black Alternative jersey. 

I think that it would be the opposite... we are the "Jets" … they may also be placing that under some new logo on the helmet either way I still see it going from back to front, jmo.

45 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'm hoping or green helmets but this grey has grown on me. I'd be happy with this. The main thing I guess I'm looking for is a change of the green shade and different helmets. 

I like this combo but with a new logo or design.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

D979C2B4-2284-480D-B725-FB2E5416E916.jpeg

These are still my favorite mock's i've seen. Really want something along the lines of this but it doesn't seem likely. Either Grey/Black are destined to be in there. 

That's basically what they have now... why even bother making a change for that.