Mogglez

Jets will have new uniforms next year.

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ok so as far as I know, if you are changing colors on your uniforms the league needs 5 years notice....so we are not changing colors.  We may add a color but our main colors are and will be green and white.  

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

about the 40 second mark in, the guy says they have started on this project in 2014. also at the 50 second mark the guy says "it's such a BOLD CHANGE"/ That would mean that they NFL could have been informed within that 5 year period.

I would say that it wouldn't be out of the question to change colors, but I don't think there will be an abandonment from green. Probably add a color as you said. The part that caught my attention, and I can't remember exactly where I heard/read it, was that they wanted or were going to add something from the "Titans" era. So does that mean add a blue? or a yellow (surely not - we're not green bay) maybe a neon yellow similar to oregon?

Going to be interesting to see what it is.

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-creating-the-new-jets-uniforms

about the 40 second mark in, the guy says they have started on this project in 2014. also at the 50 second mark the guy says "it's such a BOLD CHANGE"/ That would mean that they NFL could have been informed within that 5 year period.

I would say that it wouldn't be out of the question to change colors, but I don't think there will be an abandonment from green. Probably add a color as you said. The part that caught my attention, and I can't remember exactly where I heard/read it, was that they wanted or were going to add something from the "Titans" era. So does that mean add a blue? or a yellow (surely not - we're not green bay) maybe a neon yellow similar to oregon?

Going to be interesting to see what it is.

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

The TItans stuff is such a stretch. Does anyone really care about the Titans of New York and their glorious history?  When they added the Titans throwbacks some time ago, I thought it was a missed opportunity to satisfy that portion of the fanbase that really likes the 80's uniforms. I imagine that those people on this board who are opposed to going back to the 80's logo/colors wouldn't mind them as a once or twice a year throwback...

Just now, teptep said:

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cache now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

The TItans stuff is such a stretch. Does anyone really care about the Titans of New York and their glorious history?  When they added the Titans throwbacks some time ago, I thought it was a missed opportunity to satisfy that portion of the fanbase that really likes the 80's uniforms. I imagine that those people on this board who are opposed to going back to the 80's logo/colors wouldn't mind them as a once or twice a year throwback...

A fighter jet will definitely offend people, not happening. 

8 minutes ago, teptep said:

I can see the "bold" change to a fighter jet inspired logo and color accents as opposed to the airliner jet wing from the 80's.  It's been mentioned before that jet travel doesn't have the same cachet now that it did when the team was named in the 60's.  A military theme could be a big money maker, although I'd rather not see it.  

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

2 hours ago, teptep said:

I feel that the dark green is drab. I'm partial to the 80's uniform/logo, however I really like the current uniforms with the color rush variant  (minus the shiny helmet logo) better than the normal hunter(?) green.

Only time will tell if the new uniforms will be some garish abomination or a breath of fresh air.

I'm guessing they will go back to lighter green, hopefully not too light. I just prefer the darker one, to me they symbolize the greatest stretch in team history (1998-2010) but I think I'm in the minority.  We'll see in a few months, I hope it's not a crazy change like TB

52 minutes ago, slats said:

Along with the black QB practice jerseys, there's been video of the Jets practicing in uniforms with an urban camo pattern on the numbers. I think a military theme is coming. 

That is the "salute to service" campaign for the month of November, if I remember correctly. Cancer awareness is October. This month is the "My cause, My cleats"  

I dont see a Military theme coming based on this.

1 hour ago, teptep said:

I am just saying what I heard/read. I like most here am totally guessing based on what we hear and read. The video the JETS put out with Chris Johnson and Office staff at Nike's headquarters makes it even more murky to decipher.

When I look at this video it kind of makes me feel that they will totally change up our look.  The fact that everyone is excited but not nervous is worrisome.  I hope we like it BUT it wont matter.  When you are a winning team, your jerseys look better.   The Seahawks are an example of that.  Heck, even the Patriots were ridiculed after they made their changes many moons ago.    

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

When I look at this video it kind of makes me feel that they will totally change up our look.  The fact that everyone is excited but not nervous is worrisome.  I hope we like it BUT it wont matter.  When you are a winning team, your jerseys look better.   The Seahawks are an example of that.  Heck, even the Patriots were ridiculed after they made their changes many moons ago.    

I'm nervous! When I hear "BOLD" the only thing that comes to mind is some shocking color pallet. I don't think of 'bold' as being a new logo or something.

My first reaction without actually seeing them in front of me is that I'm terrified of neon colors. I don't like the Seahawks neon green unis... I don't even like the navy uniform with the neon green shoulder pads and gloves they sometimes wear even though that's a little more subtle. 

Same with the non-neon Oregon green color they sometimes wear. It's still too much. Too shocking of a green.

So I don't know... I don't have enough of a fashion mind to really picture what could look good... But I am nervous! 

I cannot figure out why people constantly call the Jets current uniforms "simple".  They are far from it.

They have stripes in 3 different areas, in 3 different patterns. They have numbers on the shoulders/sleeves(which also has a stripe) and the torso.  They have a logo on the chest.  The logo itself has 4 separate components.  If that is simple, I'd hate to see what busy looks like.

If you watched the last episode of One Jets Drive (which I know came out like a month ago) I get the feeling that the uniform change is going to be very drastic. Here are some select quotes (my emphasis added): 

"How do we launch the next generation of the Jets?" - Nike

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward-thinking" - Neil Glat, Team President

"It is going to be a dramatic change" - Nike

For those who said the NFL requires 5 years of notice before color changes: 

"We kicked off this project in 2014" - Nike, 5 years would be 2019. 

"We felt it was really essential to create something new for the Jets" - Nike

"It's such a bold change, you don't do this very often, I can't remember in my lifetime the Jets making a change, anything like this" - Brand Director, NFL

"It's a really critical time in the Jets history and a chance for them to tell the fans who they are going forward" - Brand Director, NFL

They definitely won't be drawing any ideas from the past, everything is about new and moving forward. Will be interesting to see what they came up with over the past 5 years but I guarantee half of the fan base is going to hate it. 

New uniforms are the last thing this organization needs! How about a new owner who cares and wants to win SB's! Also great NFL talent evaluator's, GM, HC, Coaching Assistants, trainer, and most of all upper management! Uniforms won't help this franchise!

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

New uniforms are the last thing this organization needs! How about a new owner who cares and wants to win SB's! Also great NFL talent evaluator's, GM, HC, Coaching Assistants, trainer, and most of all upper management! Uniforms won't help this franchise!

But will they hurt it?

Will the franchise make more money with new uniforms and maybe a new logo?

Try and remember that the NFL is a business first.  

11 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Our ownership = "I'd Gas!"

( I dont give a sh*t)

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I cannot figure out why people constantly call the Jets current uniforms "simple".  They are far from it.

They have stripes in 3 different areas, in 3 different patterns. They have numbers on the shoulders/sleeves(which also has a stripe) and the torso.  They have a logo on the chest.  The logo itself has 4 separate components.  If that is simple, I'd hate to see what busy looks like.

agree 100%.  want simple?  check the giants unis.  home?  all blue.  BORING.  and don't get me started on their ugly-a$$ away uniforms.

I have always hated the giants, but as a Rangers fan, I did like their unis in the 1980s.  I mean are they "big blue" or not?  blue helms with white jerseys and red stripes, and grey pants.....geez

Jets changed unis in 1998.  what did it take the giants 1-2 years to change theirs.  such followers.  bet they change theirs in the next couple of years again...

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

If you watched the last episode of One Jets Drive (which I know came out like a month ago) I get the feeling that the uniform change is going to be very drastic. Here are some select quotes (my emphasis added): 

"How do we launch the next generation of the Jets?" - Nike

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward-thinking" - Neil Glat, Team President

"It is going to be a dramatic change" - Nike

For those who said the NFL requires 5 years of notice before color changes: 

"We kicked off this project in 2014" - Nike, 5 years would be 2019. 

"We felt it was really essential to create something new for the Jets" - Nike

"It's such a bold change, you don't do this very often, I can't remember in my lifetime the Jets making a change, anything like this" - Brand Director, NFL

"It's a really critical time in the Jets history and a chance for them to tell the fans who they are going forward" - Brand Director, NFL

They definitely won't be drawing any ideas from the past, everything is about new and moving forward. Will be interesting to see what they came up with over the past 5 years but I guarantee half of the fan base is going to hate it. 

Eric Allen in preseason, strongly hinted it would be very different, and have a new logo.

I think the new colors will be:  kelly green, white, blueish gray, blue (possibly gold in some versions.

The uniforms will be very different.

The One Jets drive thing really focused on the 80s logo, and that video was very precisely constructed so I am not sure of the logo, that could go either way. I think it will be different but take cues from the 80s logo.

But I strongly believe that the colors WERE shown in the video. See this pic: https://ibb.co/faUmOV

The guy in the back with the kelly green and blue gray shirt, I truly believe those are the base colors.

I think there will be a Titans inspired alternative in blue primarily with the grey and kelly green as accents.

Green shirt, white and grey pants with blue accents primary

White shirt  and green pants with blue and grey accents

All white with green, grey and blue accents

Green color rush with green and grey

Blue shirt and pants with green grey and white accents

80s throwback

I think those are the 6 variations we get.

2 hours ago, Squirt said:

All true, but in the meantime the marketing department still has the job of figuring out some way to try to get fans to buy more of the team's crap.

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Eric Allen in preseason, strongly hinted it would be very different, and have a new logo.

I think the new colors will be:  kelly green, white, blueish gray, blue (possibly gold in some versions.

The One Jets drive thing really focused on the 80s logo, and that video was very precisely constructed so I am not sure of the logo, that could go either way. I think it will be different but take cues from the 80s logo.

But I strongly believe that the colors WERE shown in the video. See this pic: https://ibb.co/faUmOV

The guy in the back with the kelly green and blue gray shirt, I truly believe those are the base colors.

I think there will be a Titans inspired alternative in blue primarily with the grey and kelly green as accents.

80s throwback

The NY JETS are GREEN and WHITE adding black is ok but blue and gray NO THANKS 

I will not buy any merchandise. 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Was that just during camo week when every team wore them or was that from another time?

I don't really care that much, thought the rounded football logo is meh and reading the guessing is kind of entertaining. I agree with the guesses entailing gray as a dominant color (or at least as an accent) since gray is such an "in" thing right now. I could see them going with a gray jersey with green numbers. Don't know what that'd look like, though. Maybe horrible. Just did a quick lookup and the Celtics have a "city edition" uniform with green-on-gray, though it's with white outlines around the numbers and green trim around the collar/shoulders). Not the single best looking uniform I've ever seen, but IMO it looks better than the black with green numbers on the practice jerseys above. 

But like most, if we end up wining a SB wearing them I couldn't care less if they made the dominant colors fuscia and purple with a bouquet of flowers for a logo, and Sam grabbing his in-stance center by the hips & thrusting his own forward before starting his cadence.

OK maybe that might be a bit much, but it gives me some ideas for new wallpapering in the mod forum. I'll PM you. 

2 hours ago, Squirt said:

New uniforms that suck will be the icing on this sh*tcake. They’ll surely screw up the ONE THING that isn’t a problem. 

I think they will definitely be adding black or grey to the mix next year, too many things they are saying in that video point to that.  I couldn't see it being a complete overhaul and a huge change to just move back to kellly green and white with a logo change.  It's got to be a drastic overhaul which would probably mean a new color coming into the scene and not being just an accent color. 

I really think they'll be going back to a variation of the 80's  JETS logo.  Probably not the exact one, but definitely something similar if i had to guess

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nike changed the color when we had Reebok uniforms the color was better. 

My fear is that this organization will do something along the lines like the Titans did and they are hideous. 

I’ve got the feeling the over 50 crowd isn’t going to be happy. But as my daughter constantly reminds me, “Dad, you’re not the target audience....”

Just now, 14 in Green said:

I’ve got the feeling the over 50 crowd isn’t going to be happy. But as my daughter constantly reminds me, “Dad, you’re not the target audience....”

She's right!  But does the younger generation invest in merchandise as much as we did. 

Im not looking forward to blue and gray added along with a fighter jet on the helmet. 

COME ON MAN 

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

agree 100%.  want simple?  check the giants unis.  home?  all blue.  BORING.  and don't get me started on their ugly-a$$ away uniforms.

I have always hated the giants, but as a Rangers fan, I did like their unis in the 1980s.  I mean are they "big blue" or not?  blue helms with white jerseys and red stripes, and grey pants.....geez

Jets changed unis in 1998.  what did it take the giants 1-2 years to change theirs.  such followers.  bet they change theirs in the next couple of years again...

It’s simply a generational perspective, I think. I love the retro move the Giants made. The Bills, Chargers and Pats immediately come to mind as teams which should go back to their originals also. That said, I can see why the market wants to appeal to a young persons taste. You guys are the ones more likely to spend the money on it. It’s funny how those age groupings like 18-29, 30-49, 50-64, seem more valid as you get older.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

80s throwback

I think you could be right with the brighter green and battleship/fighter jet gray as the colors, but i think it will be more drastic and the gray (or whatever color they add) will be used much more.