SOJF’s Mad

kevinc855

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Regarding the thick skin bit, I too would expect thick skin to be a part of the Jets experience, but then I saw a post calling the OP a massive dbag because the OP called out people who suck the fun out of being a fanatic. I’d expect the thick skin to go both ways.

Look mate, sometimes it takes a keen eye to spot the literal from the mischievous. 

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Hate to say it ... But andersen is a one-trick pony and definitely not a number one... Probably a number 2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think he's a little better than that (presuming you feel his one trick being running a go route really fast). He made that TD on an underthrown (not to mention late) pass. That's 2 tricks lol.

Plus honestly who cares if he's a "#1" anyway? A trio of solid-enough guys, with an x-factor like Pryor, even if we get little out of the TE position again, is enough for a QB unless they have the dropsies. They're not the most ideal WR corps in the league but it's not a train wreck. Every pass play someone is usually open. A couple are giants, one is a playmaker burner (even if he isn't a "#1") and Kearse is generally reliable.

It's enough to work with, and it'll train Darnold to not just stare down & chuck it up to a great #1 which is no training at all. At the same time, this isn't some combo of Hill-Schilens-Gates-Kerley-Salas-Nelson-Obomanu either.

23 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hi guys. Mrs. dbatesman here. Unfortunately dbatesman is no longer with us. When the Jets took the lead he went into the bathroom to console himself the only way he knows how: choking himself with a belt and jerking off to a looped video of the Buttfumble. I guess he went too far this time, because he never came back out. Anyway, if you could be respectful during this difficult time, I would appreciate it. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to his favorite charity, the Patriots Foundation. Thanks

Just one question Mrs d, why aren’t you posting under your normal account name, @RutgersJetFan ?

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think he's a little better than that (presuming you feel his one trick being running a go route really fast). He made that TD on an underthrown (not to mention late) pass. That's 2 tricks lol.

Plus honestly who cares if he's a "#1" anyway? A trio of solid-enough guys, with an x-factor like Pryor, even if we get little out of the TE position again, is enough for a QB unless they have the dropsies. They're not the most ideal WR corps in the league but it's not a train wreck. Every pass play someone is usually open. A couple are giants, one is a playmaker burner (even if he isn't a "#1") and Kearse is generally reliable.

It's enough to work with, and it'll train Darnold to not just stare down & chuck it up to a great #1 which is no training at all. At the same time, this isn't some combo of Hill-Schilens-Gates-Kerley-Salas-Nelson-Obomanu either.

I honestly worry about having 1 superstar and ZERO depth behind them. I tried making a poll about RB but my phone sucks. Basically would you prefer 3 solid RBs (Crowell,Powell,?) or 1 Le’Veon Bell? Same cost. I go for the solid commuter every time, especially at WR for a young QB. Having a TRUE #1 may make the QB Starr his receiver down more or not learn to naturally go through progressions.

Having a bunch of “good” receiving options will allow Sam to play fast because there WILL be a mismatch somewhere. It’s also more sustainable to have a bunch of good level players and spread out the risk of injury. We aren’t destroyed if 1 receiver goes down. I don’t like having all the “eggs in 1 basket” at any position which is why the Patriots are so good. These players don’t break the bank because of limited production in a production sharing TEAM environment.

This is why I wish we traded down in the first or second acquire extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. You want to build a team of a bunch of good players and only really need a superstar at QB or passrusher. Sorry for getting of the original topic but I feel VERY strongly about this. 

Meh, these guys have hundreds of posts bashing/mocking Adams and Lee who both are still like 22/23 years old. They should be able to deal with the backlash of being SOJFs for one week because you know they'll magically reappear next week if the Jets lose and Adams or Lee blow a coverage. 

Quote of the week.

You are correct, SIR

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I honestly worry about having 1 superstar and ZERO depth behind them. I tried making a poll about RB but my phone sucks. Basically would you prefer 3 solid RBs (Crowell,Powell,?) or 1 Le’Veon Bell? Same cost. I go for the solid commuter every time, especially at WR for a young QB. Having a TRUE #1 may make the QB Starr his receiver down more or not learn to naturally go through progressions.

Having a bunch of “good” receiving options will allow Sam to play fast because there WILL be a mismatch somewhere. It’s also more sustainable to have a bunch of good level players and spread out the risk of injury. We aren’t destroyed if 1 receiver goes down. I don’t like having all the “eggs in 1 basket” at any position which is why the Patriots are so good. These players don’t break the bank because of limited production in a production sharing TEAM environment.

This is why I wish we traded down in the first or second acquire extra 2nd and 3rd round picks. You want to build a team of a bunch of good players and only really need a superstar at QB or passrusher. Sorry for getting of the original topic but I feel VERY strongly about this. 

Well there's also rarely the choice between a Crowell-Powell-[Whomever] trio and a lone Le'Veon Bell.

On the one hand, Bell's holdout is showing Pittsburgh didn't merely have Bell plus nobody.

On the other hand, a Crowell-Powell-ElCheapo trio is also going to add another player into the mix (or major upgrade from a meh player to a great one, or in the Jets' case allows them to make the declined offers to a handful of premiere-priced FAs), and would have cost a future 1 on top of that in trade.

The contract is/was the entire holdup in Pittsburgh with regard to Bell, not whether or not they'd rather have Bell-Conner or Crowell-Powell. Funny thing is, if Bell put up the identical numbers as his backup week 1, even with what was effectively a fumble-6, you know everyone would be using the 192 total yds and 2 TDs as an example of him being so unique and how worthy he is of $15m/year and ~$40m fully guaranteed (or whatever he was seeking).

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well there's also rarely the choice between a Crowell-Powell-[Whomever] trio and a lone Le'Veon Bell.

On the one hand, Bell's holdout is showing Pittsburgh didn't merely have Bell plus nobody.

On the other hand, a Crowell-Powell-ElCheapo trio is also going to add another player into the mix (or major upgrade from a meh player to a great one, or in the Jets' case allows them to make the declined offers to a handful of premiere-priced FAs), and would have cost a future 1 on top of that in trade.

The contract is/was the entire holdup in Pittsburgh with regard to Bell, not whether or not they'd rather have Bell-Conner or Crowell-Powell. Funny thing is, if Bell put up the identical numbers as his backup week 1, even with what was effectively a fumble-6, you know everyone would be using the 192 total yds and 2 TDs as an example of him being so unique and how worthy he is of $15m/year and ~$40m fully guaranteed (or whatever he was seeking).

I want no part of leveon. Sure he's great but no 27 year old RB is worth the money he will want. And I certainly wouldn't trade for him this year when he's made it very clear that he is trying to save his body for free agency. 

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I want no part of leveon. Sure he's great but no 27 year old RB is worth the money he will want. And I certainly wouldn't trade for him this year when he's made it very clear that he is trying to save his body for free agency. 

Yeah, no one is trading for him, particularly after the extension deadline. Only way I can see him playing for someone else this year is if Pittsburgh outright rescinds the franchise tag, and they're still weeks away from seriously thinking about that.

Conner had some nice numbers but he'd have to sustain that for a month or more before they'd say eff-it let's just make this go away. I will say their OL sure seems motivated to make it look like Bell's success was due to them more than him. 

19 hours ago, Savage69 said:

A better player then he was on the Jets absolutely.. He made 2 Pro Bowls and 1 All pro in 15 years to me that's a good player..LT was a great player..

Theres a whole lot of space between any LB and LT.  Not fair on any level, LT might be the greatest football player regardless of position of all time, totally irrelevant 

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, no one is trading for him, particularly after the extension deadline. Only way I can see him playing for someone else this year is if Pittsburgh outright rescinds the franchise tag, and they're still weeks away from seriously thinking about that.

No reason for Pittsburgh to rescind the franchise tag. Even if he holds out 10 weeks, they can run him into the ground from there and then pick up a comp pick in 2020. They pull the tag, they lose him for nothing. 

11 minutes ago, slats said:

No reason for Pittsburgh to rescind the franchise tag. Even if he holds out 10 weeks, they can run him into the ground from there and then pick up a comp pick in 2020. They pull the tag, they lose him for nothing. 

Comp picks are tough to count on. All you have to do is sign 1 true free agent and it can offset the chance at earning the comp pick. There are many other variables to consider but it’s not a simple as just getting a comp pick otherwise the decision would be easier to make. I guess we will have to wait and see how the all shakes out. 

37 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Comp picks are tough to count on. All you have to do is sign 1 true free agent and it can offset the chance at earning the comp pick. There are many other variables to consider but it’s not a simple as just getting a comp pick otherwise the decision would be easier to make. I guess we will have to wait and see how the all shakes out. 

The Steelers don't have cap room like the Jets do, and don't historically make a lot of free agent splashes, anyway. They'll have no difficulty getting a comp pick out of Bell if/when it gets to that. A likely third rounder, they'll make sure they do. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

Well they may not want him if he holds out that long. Depends on the pulse of the team (if a lot of guys are still pissed at him), how well/productive the Conner kid is performing (what if he's the NFL's 2nd-leading rusher or something?), or frankly if they even look like they're not going to the playoffs anyway. They may reach a point where they determine it's not worth paying him $1m per week on the cap to first start getting into game shape starting in week 11. They may worry about him faking an injury - one that wouldn't affect him as a FA in March - almost as soon as he reports (or it might not be faking at all and he's just not in game shape and the injury risk then rises). 

The other downer for them is I think they've passed the point where they could even recover a compensatory pick for him; he'd have to have signed with someone else by I believe June or July. I remember something like this when it was us with Fitz; at some point if he's not signed with anyone the rationale is he isn't a FA loss because no one "stole" him away or something.

I don't think they'll rescind it. If they're still in contention it'd be nice for them to have a fresh-legs Bell when everyone else is feeling the strain of a long season (and offseason before that). I'm just saying it's something that could happen, even if it's unlikely.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:43 PM, Beerfish said:

Well the one really good game by Darron Lee vs 2 years of schlock has certainly immediately made me think he is good and a franchise linebacker.

Lets not send them all to canton after one game shall we?

Seriously ? Nobody is saying send them to Canton. What we have been saying is that these are young kids. Lee was in only his 2nd year last year and Adams was a freaking rookie. Some of the Dbags here wanted them to be all pro right out of the box. Sometimes it takes a while for someone to "get it". As someone else pointed out it took James Farrior awhile to "get it" . Sadly he was in Pittsburgh by then. One, MIA since the win , poster here wanted us trading Adams for a bag of balls during the off season. Patience is what is called for with these kids. Hopefully the success Monday will continue with this group.

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

Sam "the one who will unite the Homer's and haters into a single happy family of Jets fans that don't argue about everything and can just enjoy the game" Darnold 

It's a little long 

We need to come together as a fan base and take it out on all these other crappy p*ssy front running fan bases. Let’s target the Pats,Giants, and Steelers for now. I just hate those teams so much. It’d be like the  D day of trolling message boards.

16 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We need to come together as a fan base and take it out on all these other crappy p*ssy front running fan bases. Let’s target the Pats,Giants, and Steelers for now. I just hate those teams so much. It’d be like the  D day of trolling message boards.

If we did that it could come to RIP Tom Shane :rip:

Lets not forget one thing here: THEY WERE PLAYING THE LIONS. Possibly the only team with a worse OL than us. Ask any Lion Fan and they will tell you the same. I am so stoked about the win and I was so lucky to be able to be there to see it. I was behind the Jets Bench with all my other Jet Bros doing the Jets chant and the Sam Darnold chant. What really pissed me off was that I was taping the game and friggin ESPN put it on ESPN2 so I missed the Sam interview and all the stuff in the final minutes. Anyway it was a great win and lets not go overboard here. Enjoy the win, turn the page and SQUISH THE FISH!!!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:27 AM, kevinc855 said:

Oh no but the o line?! The no number 1 WR!  The defense still has holes! We are still years away!! Lmao. Bye haters! Let’s all laugh at the SOJF doubters 

Another 20 buttfumble troll post from you. Solidly in the running for worst poster of 2018 year end award

Archived