What happened to measuring this season from Sept-Dec?

Paradis

I'm sorry some of you smoked crack and thought were going to the superbowl this year, but let's check in on the REAL goals of the season

• Flush out Bowles & Co. Status: ahead of schedule
  • Develop Darnold. Status: good. Nothing else to see. Learning and development people. He played a top defense and dealt with terrible coaching. I'm fine with it.
  • Figure out who gets a new contract on offense: Status: great. Enunwa is showing up. Robbie isn't. Pryor isnt. Oline - trash. No confusion going into next year
  • Get that Defense playing to keep us in games.  Status: good... Darnold hasn't had to get into a nonesensical "throw the ball 50 times to keep up" episode yet... don't make a fcking mountain out of the 4th quarter last night.
  • Mac's general f*ckery. Status unknown. We've jettisoned 80% of his draft picks and some of his FAs are so so and some are looking great. (anderson, williamson)

Seems to me - like this is EXACTLY what the fck we're supposed to be doing...

So what are you ladies crying into palms for... this is GOOD... we NEED Bowles to flush himself down the drain...

1277247992209.png

We're right on schedule god dammit. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm sorry some of you smoked crack and thought were going to the superbowl this year, but let's check in on the REAL goals of the season

• Flush out Bowles & Co. Status: ahead of schedule
  • Develop Darnold. Status: good. Nothing else to see. Learning and development people. He played a top 3 defense and dealt with terrible coaching. I'm fine with it.
  • Figure who gets a new contract on offense: Status: great. Enunwa is showing up. Robbie isn't. Pryor isnt. Oline - trash. No confusion going into next year
  • Get that Defense playing to keep us in games.  Status: good... Darnold hasn't had to get into a nonesensical "throw the ball 50 times to keep" episode yet... don't make a fcking mountain out of the 4th quarter last night.
  • Mac's general f*ckery. Status unknown. We've jettisoned 80% of his draft picks and some of his FAs are so so and some are looking great. (anderson, williamson)

Seems to me - like this is EXACTLY what the fck we're supposed to be doing...

So what are you ladies crying into palms for... this is GOOD... we NEED Bowles to flush himself down the drain...

1277247992209.png

We're right on schedule god dammit. 

You are right, MNF screwed up my perspective.  Bowles and Mac gotta go gotta go.

Typical Jet fan over reaction. A smidge of success and we're superbowl bound and a few bumps means everyone sucks and every decision we made was the wrong one. 

As long as they're not fukin up Darnold and his growth, we're all good. BUT if they continue this 10 yard offense b.s., we could be on our way to doing that much sooner then I thought. 

Cleveland isnt a top 3 defense. Darnold is all that matters and he looked bad last night.
Cleveland is a top 10 defense easy they have one of the best pass rushers in the league and a pretty darn good secondary with a rookie corner who is quickly making his case for defensive rookie of the year. They might not be the top defense but they are certainly not a weak one.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Cleveland isnt a top 3 defense. Darnold is all that matters and he looked bad last night.

So tired of pointing out the same thing over and over.

Cleveland is a very good defense... that just made two HOF QBs in Ben and Brees look pretty average behind better offensive lines than the Jets, with a full season and a full week to prepare.

Darnold had 2 and a half days to prepare behind a jet lagged and fatigued lousy OL in his 3rd career start on the road as the youngest QB in NFL history.

So, I ask again... WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT?

Seriously, I cannot take you tunnel visions anymore.

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

So tired of pointing out the same thing over and over.

Cleveland is a very good defense... that just made two HOF QBs in Ben and Brees look pretty average behind better offensive lines than the Jets, with a full season and a full week to prepare.

Darnold had 2 and a half days to prepare behind a jet lagged and fatigued lousy OL in his 3rd career start as the youngest QB in NFL history.

Seriously, I cannot take you tunnel visions anymore.

Forget Cleveland’s defense for a second. Darnold’s mechanics, his footwork and his arm(especially throwing to his left) all looked shaky at best last night. These are real issues that I’d be concerned about. It just doesn’t look smoothe. 

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Forget Cleveland’s defense for a second. Darnold’s mechanics, his footwork and his arm(especially throwing to his left) all looked shaky at best last night. These are real issues that I’d be concerned about. It just doesn’t look smoothe. 

I understand.   But big picture.  He didn't have time to throw.  Nobody was open much of the time.  The plan was just to keep him from getting hit too much.

Darnold is going to have plenty of drop backs and throws where he looks like the #3 pick when the OL has time to gel, recuperate, and they play some defenses with average or below average pass rush.

He is still the guy the beat writers fawned over in camp.  He is still the guy that looked very good in preseason.  He is still the guy that sliced up a toothless Lions defense.  He threw for over 300 against Miami.

Keep that in mind when he has another bad game in Jacksonville...

R.E.L.A.X.

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You’re not factoring in the game plan, the fact this kid is playing 3 games in a short period, 2 on prime time tv, and went up against 2 solid defenses. The Lions game was quite the shocker. Nobody believed we’d crush them like that. Expectations went thru the roof. The Dolphins game was a huge disappointment. We could never get on track. The Browns game was totally frustrating since we clearly beat ourselves in so many ways. Bottom line, we’re not as good as how we showed up against the Lions, were not as bad as we showed up against the Dolphins, we are somewhere in the middle such as how we showed up against the Browns. 

Analysis: We are a very mediocre to average team with numerous holes led by an inept coaching staff and a GM that couldn’t pick a winner in a one horse race. 

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

The measurement of Darnold will last the whole season.  As for the evaluation of Bowles, we've probably seen all we need to know.  It's year 4.  He should be better by now.  He's not.

Actually Bowles is regressing. He’s finding new and improved ways to SUCK and embarrass this organization, which is quite the achievement.

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's not at all. But what he did bad in college was exacerbated last night. 

Really? His pics came at the end of the game in desperation mode - the first i thought, because he tried to be careful with ball security and avoid throwing while the two linemen were falling back on him and obscured his line of sight and ended up turning it over anyway.

He was constrained last night by a scheme that was nothing like what he played in at USC. 

I saw him throw off wrong foot a couple of times but mostly trying to get out of bounds. And his mechanics have looked better to me vs. USC in weeks 1 and 2.

He made mistakes for sure but I saw stuff he can learn from and I was encouraged that he made some big third and fourth down throws in the 4th qtr.

3 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The season has to play out to determine big picture. This offseason we have 90 million, our franchise qb and draft picks. The jets job is going to be very appealing to the right guy. The future is bright, but this year not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I am worried about the 2 bozos still being here.  We could have 200 million and still not be able to get anyone good because our FO and CS are straight up:

poop.jpeg

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Team measuring player performance stick may be as you such Paradis but the coach and GM stick feels like it is impaled up my ass.

The problems in the early season with this team lay in the laps of tweedle dee and tweedle dum

I get it - but lets be real. The margin for success in this situation is narrow. Most Jet fans i know want the coach gone, some feel the brass too... Well, that's only gonna happen if the game's are going sour and the team isn't executing... so while that's happening -- we also want the players to great?  I think we should be thankful that the team is actually demonstrating growth and development in certain areas -- in spite of the coach/management ineptitude. We should be so lucky to have it play out like that. Out with the bad, in with the new

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I understand.   But big picture.  He didn't have time to throw.  Nobody was open much of the time.  The plan was just to keep him from getting hit too much.

Darnold is going to have plenty of drop backs and throws where he looks like the #3 pick when the OL has time to gel, recuperate, and they play some defenses with average or below average pass rush.

He is still the guy the beat writers fawned over in camp.  He is still the guy that looked very good in preseason.  He is still the guy that sliced up a toothless Lions defense.  He threw for over 300 against Miami.

Keep that in mind when he has another bad game in Jacksonville...

R.E.L.A.X.

Gonna need to see him throw the ball at least 10 yards down the field consistently (from the pocket) for me to say OK, he’s the guy. Everything has been horizontal or roll outs. His passes have been lollypopping, especially to his left. This isn’t as apparent in college with the wide hashes.

Abouot the expectations going through the roof post Detroit. I got bashed for mentioning how bad Stafford played...

that our D is still our D, whcih is to say, not verty good, so not very good that they did this..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-baker-mayfields-historic-debut-tops-the-charts-for-among-nfl-rookie-qbs

1. BAKER MAYFIELD, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Grade: 84.3
Game: 21-17 WIN vs. New York Jets, September 20, 2018

Mayfield completed 13-of-16 passes from a clean pocket including two dropped passes, giving him an adjusted completion percentage of 93.8 percent when kept clean from pressure."

New JackAss City

50 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

At 14-0 with only 38 mins left? I expect to win the ******* game.

Funny. 

But winning and losing is not really relevant.  In fact, losing is beneficial.

Maybe it gets Bowles fired?  This team has zero chance to win it all with him as HC... even if the talent approaches league top 5 someday.

48 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Abouot the expectations going through the roof post Detroit. I got bashed for mentioning how bad Stafford played...

that our D is still our D, whcih is to say, not verty good, so not very good that they did this..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-baker-mayfields-historic-debut-tops-the-charts-for-among-nfl-rookie-qbs

1. BAKER MAYFIELD, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Grade: 84.3
Game: 21-17 WIN vs. New York Jets, September 20, 2018

Mayfield completed 13-of-16 passes from a clean pocket including two dropped passes, giving him an adjusted completion percentage of 93.8 percent when kept clean from pressure."

New JackAss City

He also had the advantage of the Jets not preparing for his very different skill set than Tyrod.  And as others have pointed out, he got away with a strip sack and had an INT dropped in the endzone.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

He also had the advantage of the Jets not preparing for his very different skill set than Tyrod

Jets CS failed the players. yes. and middleton...   that was an aboslute awful drop.

soon as he stepped on the field i was in a cold sweat.

NYJets induced PTSD, eh?

Archived