Vikings fan here just wanting to talk game this weekend!

Vikingfan

I come in peace!

Big game for Vikings after a sluggish start to the season.  Not real familiar with Jets besides rookie QB looking good to start season.  Vikings have weapons on O especially Thielen and Diggs.  If Cook is back from injury (hamstring) he adds a lot at RB though Murray is good.  Our weakness on O is our line.  Getting better but can be exposed.  

Our D is slowly getting back to form.  Started out slow giving up several big plays in first 4 games.  Griffin our best DE is out with mental issues and we just lost rookie CB Hughes with an ACL.  

Hoping for a great game with no injuries!  What can we expect from the Jets?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a good team built for NOW. Thielen and Diggs are going to be a nightmare matchup for our secondary....but Vikes D will be a big test for Sam. 

Oh, you guys better do it this year or next, because you kinda mortgaged the future on Cousins imo. $90m or so guaranteed? For him? Wow. 

9 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Big game for Vikings after a sluggish start to the season.  Not real familiar with Jets besides rookie QB looking good to start season.  Vikings have weapons on O especially Thielen and Diggs.  If Cook is back from injury (hamstring) he adds a lot at RB though Murray is good.  Our weakness on O is our line.  Getting better but can be exposed.  

Our D is slowly getting back to form.  Started out slow giving up several big plays in first 4 games.  Griffin our best DE is out with mental issues and we just lost rookie CB Hughes with an ACL.  

Hell, we don;t even know what to expect dude. We have either played well and beat the other team soundly or got beat soundly.  I 100% share your great game no injuries sentiment. Thanks for stopping by.

I would agree we're built for NOW and yes we've mortgaged our future with Cousins and also several other signings.  I was at the Bills game (see attached pic) and saw first hand what happens when we take a team lightly.  Worst game I've ever seen.

vikings.JPG

2 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

I would agree we're built for NOW and yes we've mortgaged our future with Cousins and also several other signings.  I was at the Bills game (see attached pic) and saw first hand what happens when we take a team lightly.  Worst game I've ever seen.

vikings.JPG

They were looking ahead to the Thursday night game vs the Rams.

22 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Most of our fans are out with mental issues but some are slowly returning from IR now.

In all seriousness, the Vikings have crazy talent at all the offensive skill positions (Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, Cook) and a QB who can get them the ball.  The Jets have generated decent pressure at times this year and if the Vikings OLine still has question marks then that may be the one area where the Jets can hope to keep the Vikings offense in check.

Both the Jets and Vikings are on 2-game winning streaks but both have very different expectations for the season.  I think this game is more important for the Vikings than the Jets if Minnesota is to hold onto those Super Bowl aspirations.  If the Jets somehow win to get to 4-3 then you should come back to the board and check out the most manic fanbase in sports starting to talk Super Bowl trip!

Yep, looking ahead to the Thursday night game with the Rams and also just off a very emotional overtime game against the Packers.  One more thing, our star DE had some mental "issues" the 2 days prior and evening before this game as well which in my mind played a role in how they played against the Bills.  No excuses the Bills came to play.  Their D line is no joke!

Griffin out is a big loss but Hunter, Richardson and Weatherly are a handful and  I’d say our weakness on O is OL as well.  They have played very well though that past 2 weeks.  We have a bunch of good players but no great players at the skills position but our kid stud QB can make plays when he gets the time. Anderson can get deep in a blink of an eye. 

We don’t really do anything well on D right now but we seem to be getting to the QB and turning the ball over which is nice.  

But we are the Jets and we never know what to expect because the second you do, the opposite happens. Jets life baby!!!

In all honesty, I think we lose but we do have a chance.

I mean, we don’t know which Jet team will show up. Could be the team that beat Detroit, Denver and Indy by scores of 48, 34 and 42 but we could also show up as the team that lost to the Browns, Dolphins and Jags.

The Jets Defense has been pretty alright but I don’t know how they play against a guy like Kirk Cousins.(especially with Tru out and now Maye) He will be the most competent QB WITH weapons that we have played up until this point. Luck had no one to help him and he still threw for 4 TD’s despite the 3 INT’s we got off of him.

Sam has to play just as well as he has the past two weeks. We’ll have to score 28 on offense alone to really secure a game like this. This has to be a TEAM win on all levels to beat the Vikings.

definitely the toughest team we have had to face up until this point.

26 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Our? We?

24 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Ahhhhh, misspelled Everson's last name, it's Griffen.  Your organization and fans were also very good to another former player we share, Udeze Kenechi.  Thank you for that.

Hope the Jets beat you, tho.  Nothing personal.  ?

18 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

Jets are on a two-game winning "streak," so the Vikes probably won't be taking them too lightly. That won't be the issue. 

As others have said, the Jets have been up and down this season so far. They have a couple guys hurt in Crowell and Enunwa that will alter what they want to do on offense. Darnold seems to be on the upswing, though, and is definitely an X-factor. Something of a shootout where the defense gets a couple takeaways is probably NY's best hope. All of the team's wins so far have involved some big plays. They're not good enough to just execute long drives or make a stop on third down and are prone to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties. 

46 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Welcome to our site. I have a niece who’s a big Viking fan so I’ve lived your team’s pain and anguish through her! You guys have had the short end of the stick too many times as of late!

The Jets need to play a perfect game in order to beat the Vikes. We simply don’t have the depth talent -wise. Our defence has had lots of success in the turnover area and that’ll have to happen once again for us to win. And oh yeah, we got a rookie at QB! The kid is the real deal but he’s still a baby!

I count myself as a realistic Jets fan, all I hope for is a hard fought 60 minute effort with the least stupid penalties as possible!!!

So take it easy on us this Sunday and, THANKS for signing Cousins!!!

1 hour ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

What part of Minnesota are you from? I grew up on the Iron Range...

Vikings are doing well (not running the ball as much..) but they're rated 10 on the ESPN power ranking.. 

Yeah it's a loss.  I don't expect a win but hope for the best. If the Jets can run the ball to take pressure off and set up the pass there's a chance. Just no injuries to Sam Darnold please.

1 hour ago, Vikingfan said:

Yes my bad Griffen not Griffin.  I vaguely remember Udeze.  I believe he was our 1st round pick roughly 10 years ago.  DE as I recall.  Was it a knee issue that cut his career short HelenofTroy?

Leukemia.  We’ll never forget how the entire organization and fans stood by him, keeping him on so his insurance covered his expenses, also kicking in to help.

we’ll remember that always.  BKU is now our DL coach, and a wonderful human being.  

Talent wise, edge to MIN’s offense when healthy. But it’s close enough that game could swing in either way. It’s likely the game plan and execution will be significant determinant. In that department, In Zimmerman I trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived