Sam was really bad

VinnyT16

14 hours ago, JiF said:

He was off for sure, team didnt do him any favors, far from the worst player on the field today.

This is going to happen.  He's a baby.

Yesterday exposed the Jets overall lack of talent. When the running game gets derailed and you don't have any good receivers there is only so much a QB can do. 

Take the drops away (and that includes two of the three interceptions) and it's a totally different game. That one aspect at the very least makes it a close game, if not a win. 

I don't Sam looked all that bad at all. He had one very bad pass into the wind that got picked. 

You can't expect a 21 year old QB 7 games into his NFL career to beat a team with the talent of the Vikings by himself. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yesterday exposed the Jets overall lack of talent. When the running game gets derailed and you don't have any good receivers there is only so much a QB can do. 

Take the drops away (and that includes two of the three interceptions) and it's a totally different game. That one aspect at the very least makes it a close game, if not a win. 

I don't Sam looked all that bad at all. He had one very bad pass into the wind that got picked. 

You can't expect a 21 year old QB 7 games into his NFL career to beat a team with the talent of the Vikings by himself. 

Yes, the overall lack of talent was quite apparent yesterday.  Kearse was totally ineffective as the main feature.  Nice compliment 3rd or 4th guy, operating with him as the chain mover and Robby as the deep threat is a bad combo.  Neither can get open with consistency to help move the chains.

If Crow doesnt have a monster hole, he's not even trying.  He's effort was pathetic.

Herndon looks like he's a player but why are Sterling and Tomlinson even on the field?  They're terrible.

The OL sucks and we got fooled by 2 decent weeks back to back from there but they are atrocious and Spencer Long is literally making it impossible to get any rhythm.  I think I saw a stat yesterday that we were going for 3rd and 7+ on 9 straight 3rd downs.  That's laughable.  Sam Dabeaston3rdownonld has been spectacular on 3rd down but you cant ask him do this game in game out, especially vs. the best 3rd down D in the league.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes, the overall lack of talent was quite apparent yesterday.  Kearse was totally ineffective as the main feature.  Nice compliment 3rd or 4th guy, operating with him as the chain mover and Robby as the deep threat is a bad combo.  Neither can get open with consistency to help move the chains.

If Crow doesnt have a monster hole, he's not even trying.  He's effort was pathetic.

Herndon looks like he's a player but why are Sterling and Tomlinson even on the field?  They're terrible.

The OL sucks and we got fooled by 2 decent weeks back to back from there but they are atrocious and Spencer Long is literally making it impossible to get any rhythm.  I think I saw a stat yesterday that we were going for 3rd and 7+ on 9 straight 3rd downs.  That's laughable.  Sam Dabeaston3rdownonld has been spectacular on 3rd down but you cant ask him do this game in game out, especially vs. the best 3rd down D in the league.

Yeah, I don't blame the fumble on Darnold. It was yet another bad snap by Long and a lack of effort by Cro. How that one is on Darnold is beyond me. 

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The entire offense was terrible. Red headed kid included. It’s a process but even when the kid is bad you know he is going to be good. Least I do. 

His sneaks and scrambling are looking good. I saw some positives. No receivers were open and when they were, they made crucial drops. Losing Enunwa really hurt us. We have a lot of “depth” players sprinkled throughout the roster but really need to focus like 90% on offense going forward.

Our defense is definitely more than “good enough”. If we get a pass rusher, they can be great. They played a very good game with ZERO help from the offense for first 3 quarters. Just need offensive help and Sam to grow. 

When the game started, with the injuries, I really didn't like the match ups in this game.  Told the guys I was with I expected a blow out.  After the opening drive when the Vikes took a stroll through the Jets D for a TD, though it was going to be real ugly.

Vikes kept letting the Jets hang around, and I felt if Sam could hook up on a few long ones, MAYBE they could surprise.  Didn't happen.  They took some shots, and Sam forced some balls, receivers didn't make plays on contested balls.  Oh well, poop happens with rookie QB's when they don't get any support.

My only real long term concern from this game is that this was the "California Kids" first real experience in off-weather at the Meadowlands.  Didn't go well.  Certainly doesn't mean Sam can't play in cold windy conditions, but it's something to keep an eye on.  

Match ups, or weather don't look a whole lot better in Chi. with the Bears.  Would really like to see Sam take a step up in performance if the weather is crappy.  If that happens I'll be good, as long as the D doesn't collapse late in the game.

Putting aside the drops, lets not turn a blinds eye to Darnold"s issues. When he faces a good d, his footwork fails him, he doesn't step into his throws, and his accuracy suffers.Our o-line played reasonably well. Most of the time Sam had time to make some plays. With only Anderson as a threat it became an impossible task. Vikings are no slouches.

3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Our defense is definitely more than “good enough”. If we get a pass rusher, they can be great. They played a very good game with ZERO help from the offense for first 3 quarters. Just need offensive help and Sam to grow. 

Final stats won't show it but I thought the D was actually really good yesterday. After the first drive they basically stopped the Vikings for 2 and a half quarters despite the offense turning the ball over and going 3 and out almost every drive. Had the offense actually moved the ball, eaten any clock and, you know, scored the D definitely would have played well enough for us to win against a good offense... They caved in the end and Murray started gashing us but I was actually impressed with their resolve after being pretty bad against the Colts.

Rookie QB with few weapons and almost no rushing game vs. a very good defense wasn't going to look pretty.  Add some less than ideal weather and some WRs who had the ball go right through their hands for an INT (Peake) and yeah, Sam Darnold is going to look pretty bad.  But he wasn't the worst player on the field.

As painful as it is to watch these are the kinds of experiences the kid needs unfortunately.  Facing a tough D, being put in pass-only situations, throwing to bad WRs in windy conditions.  He got more reps, he'll learn and he'll be back out there slinging it next week.

Onward and upward.

First INT was a really poor decision, but one that really should have just been incomplete. I think he gambled thinking worst case scenario pass is broken up. It was tipped by defender and luckily bounced to he guy who picked it off.

His last int, right off of the receivers hands. Asd about 6 or 7 drops...wasn’t a good day, but not the abomination some are making it out to be.

sam is a kid rome was not built in a day and he has zero play makers on his team and i mean zero-our wrs were the second worst in the league to the cowboys now that they have cooper we have the worst

people need to place the blame on our head coach and our gm for putting together a terrible roster and coaching a bad game

On 10/22/2018 at 8:34 AM, nico002 said:

Imagine if Robby doesn’t get tripped up in the 4th and were looking at a 3 point game with  7 mins left? Oh well 

agree 100%.  cannot believe I have not seen anyone else mentioning this!  that was back-breaking.  and then the very next play.....ugh

Archived