Sam was really bad

VinnyT16

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Really didn’t look bad to me given perspective.

1. Rookie 2. Bad pass protect 3. No Quincy/Pryor 4. Skilled position players are league bottom 5. Dropped balls/bad routes 6. Refs honestly it’s like their kid plays for the other team

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Dude it was 10-3 for like 3 quarters and darnold had 8 completions...think about that.

You can’t tell some of these guys anything. No matter how much sense you make. Good points by both of you though. The sensible ones are with you.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was bad. That’s okay, bad days happen to rookies. The bigger problem is that we are a very injured team right now. If Powell is  out we’re really beat in terms of skill positions. 4 proven receivers and 2 proven running backs just became 2 receivers and 1 running back.

Neck injury never sounds good either. Definitely looking for another RB in either FA or the draft.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Dude it was 10-3 for like 3 quarters and darnold had 8 completions...think about that.

get the ball back when you already given up 27, maybe i tip my hat...  give up a TD instead...  no sack, np pressure, no passed defensed, just 34 pts and officially no chance to win. if your D holds you up, it holds you up. cant even pick the ball up off the ground. at least the 68 jets had sense enough to do that. 

you guys have a 5-11 aingt THAT bad attitude...     keep excusing subpar BS D and call it grade A...  go right ahead.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ZERO WR's and the crappy play calling NOT Sam's fault. 

Meh on the crappy playcalling. That one not sure I agree. Without Q and Pryor there is like ZERO talent around him. 

I keep wanting to start a thread about Tomlinson. Every game it’s like 2-3 plays, be it blocking or catching. I sorta hate him. 

Just now, InstantClassic said:

The D gave up 37 due to what 4, 5 turnovers? Offense was atrocious today..all the way around.  D held their own for majority of the game..fell apart a bit in the 3rd then unraveled in the 4th.

Yes the offense want good but the d wasn’t great. Cousin helped us out with his poor throws

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I feel like the second pick might have been on Roberts. And Peake experiment needs to end like yesterday. And please, if anyone ever tries to defend the validity in Tomlinson’s roster spot. 

Agree. His first pick was his mistake but the other two weren’t really. Plus by that time everyone was injured besides herndon 

Just now, HessStation said:

I feel like I’m the least homer-esque type poster here, or one of them. I seriously still have no worries about Darnold. It’s all still all there. The team sucks. And if the refs are gonna be that bad they’ll never have a chance.

Anybody who has doubts about Darnold just wants to be miserable I guess

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Blasphemous, he was bad, not really bad.

Yeah like, in order to win that kind of game, given the sh*t roster, that team would have needed the QB to put them on his back type game. He’s obviously not there yet...but you can see some of the beautiful reads and passes, that we’re either dropped or screw jobs by the refs. 

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nobody is saying he was great.  But saying he was not only terrible but the worst player is just dumb as sh*t

You're right....it is wrong to say he was the worst player on the field today, because it wasn't even close that he wasn't. 

That does not mean he didn't play bad....he did.  But Spencer Long shouldn't even be on this team after today. 

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

You're right....it is wrong to say he was the worst player on the field today, because it wasn't even close that he wasn't. 

That does not mean he didn't play bad....he did.  But Spencer Long shouldn't even be on this team after today. 

I think it’s fair to say he was bad but for a lot of good reasons out of his control. He received zero help from the OL, receivers, refs and weather. I.e. zero reason to panic yet. Not saying anyone is btw. Just perspective 

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Not saying Sam was good BUT in all honesty he was given a sh*t deal. His center sucks, he has no receivers, he makes a lot of good throws that are dropped, also special teams gives him bad field position most of the time. Also he probably has had one of the tougher schedules and we are 3-4 which is better than I thought we were gonna be

11 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

The D gave up 37 due to what 4, 5 turnovers? Offense was atrocious today..all the way around.  D held their own for majority of the game..fell apart a bit in the 3rd then unraveled in the 4th.

drive  68 yds,  34 yd TD ( no turnover) 

FG after muffed punt

drive 64 yds, 11 yd TD run ( no turnover)

FG after INT

drive 51 yds, 1st and 20, 24 yd run , 38 yd TD run (no trunover)

drive 61 yds, 34 yd pass on 4th down ( afetr INT)

FG after INT

9 pts off turnovers, i'd say...   

3 tds of over 30 yds. 

17 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

The D held serve for much longer than the O. 

The O couldn’t hold serve all day.

25 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He looked really, really uncomfortable with the weather

he better start getting used to it

We have this thing out here...it's called the Santa Ana winds....like today, wind warnings, causing my patio umbrella To fly off and break, have to replace and a mess outside, luckily no one was hurt.  As I post this, the winds are howling.

Add 90 degree winds that go into November sometimes, or winter the winds get cold.

that's why we get so many wildfires.  Sam has played in heavy winds, he just had an off day.

1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

We have this thing out here...it's called the Santa Ana winds....like today, wind warnings, causing my broken patio umbrella I have to replace and a mess outside. 

Add 90 degree winds that go into November sometimes, or winter the winds get cold.

that's why we get so many wildfires.  Sam has played in heavy winds, he just had an off day.

I’m pretty sure it only gets windy in New Jersey.

Is this a troll account?

He had a game plan that was basically running into loaded boxes and throwing into coverage with screens to the blocking TE that can't catch sprinkled in

Add crappy snaps and special teams players around him and a gusty metlife wind and no running game

Oh and he's 21

26 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Anybody who has doubts about Darnold just wants to be miserable I guess

Some Jets fans do want to be miserable. I often just tell myself these are Giants fans posting as Jets fans.

Darnold play poorly today. It won’t be the last time he does. I have no doubt he is a franchise QB. 

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Don’t agree. He had a great drive early and then the wind/defenses kicked in and either offense did anything for a quarter and  half. He was the better QB on the field in the first half.

How many times did the Jets start inside their own 20?

What happens the first time they get the ball with decent field position? (Crowell fumble)

a few huge drops 

The first int was a bad throw but he was trying to make something happen after a few anemic series 

2nd int was a good decision- it looked to me like Burnett didn’t go to the proper spot 

3rd int was a perfect throw 

Obviously not a good game overall but he didn’t some encouraging things. Part of the learning process.

worst player on the field? Lol nice troll job 

INTs came only after the score dictated you could only pass and the Vikings defense didn't have to guess if there was a run or pass coming. 

Archived