Josh Gordon, NE...

Jet Nut

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

NFL network saying it's possibly another failed test

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001002110/article/patriots-josh-gordon-facing-indefinite-suspension

the pats* way

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, according to a source informed his status.

Is there any doubt ? Sounds like his "voluntary" stepping away is hardly voluntary. After this I would think his career is pretty much :chas:

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Because he worked his azz off, is a great father, and now is having hard times through no fault of his own. Then you have Josh Gordon who had the world by the balls, and he threw it all away so he could smoke pot & there are people on here, oh, poor Josh, WTF? Perspective people. Sorry, I'm a scion of the greatest generation, worked my azz off for what I have & I don't have any sympathy for someone who would throw it all away to smoke pot. Just stupid in my eyes.

I don't think anyone is saying poor Josh other than people hoping he gets help. I'm mostly seeing people against the NFL for backing opioids as a form of treatment even though they are far worse for you.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Nope.  In fact, Sessions rescinded the Cole Memo which basically said they were not going to prioritize marijuana prosecutions.  They are fairly strict about interstate commerce and with teams playing in states that allow it vs. strict against it, it can cause issues.  It also may prevent players from choosing teams based upon where weed is legal.  If you get your news from SNL, you might think it is 100% legal.  It is not. 

There are plenty of laws on the books that aren't covered in the CBA. The NFL is not an extension of the DEA. They have no obligation to ban the use of Pot. 

Medical marijuana is also not legal under federal law yet plenty of doctors are routinely breaking federal law by subscribing pot to patients.  

You don't need to watch SNL to understand the reality on the ground. The Feds don't care about pot unless you are selling vast amounts across state lines. 

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Because he worked his azz off, is a great father, and now is having hard times through no fault of his own. Then you have Josh Gordon who had the world by the balls, and he threw it all away so he could smoke pot & there are people on here, oh, poor Josh, WTF? Perspective people. Sorry, I'm a scion of the greatest generation, worked my azz off for what I have & I don't have any sympathy for someone who would throw it all away to smoke pot. Just stupid in my eyes.

One more time, slow, if his addiction is a product of mental issues vs Crones disease?  I'm betting Gordon works at least as hard as your guy.  All accounts are he's a good guy.  But your guessing it's weed and it's all his fault.  Good for you.  The perspective is you have no idea but are calling someone out. 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Ah okk you just mean circumstance, he has an amazing talent that is being thrown away while others who would be grateful to have half of what he has are in worse situations.

Exactly. Most people would be grateful to have 1/33rd. And I blame teams like the Pats giving this guy ANOTHER CHANCE after he's had what 10 chances already? Just keep giving this guy money ($700,000) with the Pats.

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think anyone is saying poor Josh other than people hoping he gets help. I'm mostly seeing people against the NFL for backing opioids as a form of treatment even though they are far worse for you.

I get that completely. My point is if Josh wants to smoke pot? whatever, I don't feel sorry for him. He can dig ditches for 20 bucks an hour & smoke all he wants afterwards, no one would care, he's only 27 & still healthy.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are plenty of laws on the books that aren't covered in the CBA. The NFL is not an extension of the DEA. They have no obligation to ban the use of Pot. 

Medical marijuana is also not legal under federal law yet plenty of doctors are routinely breaking federal law by subscribing pot to patients.  

You don't need to watch SNL to understand the reality on the ground. The Feds don't care about pot unless you are selling vast amounts across state lines. 

I am not going into the would have could have should have, but the NFL is far from the only entity with these kind of rules in their CBA.  It's mostly political and, as I pointed out, part of the purpose may be to keep a locality's legality of it from playing  a part in where players are willing to play.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time, slow, if his addiction is a product of mental issues vs Crones disease?  I'm betting Gordon works at least as hard as your guy.  All accounts are he's a good guy.  But your guessing it's weed and it's all his fault.  Good for you.  The perspective is you have no idea but are calling someone out. 

Whatever, send him an email & become a pen pal with him. It's always been weed with Gordon, its been documented over & over & over again. 

40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Nope.  In fact, Sessions rescinded the Cole Memo which basically said they were not going to prioritize marijuana prosecutions.  They are fairly strict about interstate commerce and with teams playing in states that allow it vs. strict against it, it can cause issues.  It also may prevent players from choosing teams based upon where weed is legal.  If you get your news from SNL, you might think it is 100% legal.  It is not. 

Bacon is. 

40 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Also taking shots at the patriots is just silly.  Everyone knows Gordon had the problem before going to the pats. 

Yeah but I’m that’s what we do on this site. We bash the Patriots whenever possible. They go after anything with talent no matter the issues hoping to better themselves and trying to outsmart other teams in the process. Well this time they outsmarted themselves. Yes everyone knew about him but only the Patriots traded for him. Big blow to the Pats. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

It's in the CBA.

You work for any big company, they have rules, and you have to follow them.  You can work for the NFL, make millions of dollars, and can't do certain illegal activities, which they will test for.  You know it in advance, so if you (the player) can't follow the rules you were informed of, too bad.

There are plenty of rules that the NFL has and doesn't enforce. This one is extraordinarily dumb.

That said, I am happy as a clam. Because F THE PATS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Almost died from weed?

cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome  is becoming a more prevalent problem and it (although rarely) has caused at least 2 deaths according to the research Ive done.  As more and more states legalize recreational use, the incidence of this will grow.  Trust me, it is a pain in the ass.  We've been going through it with a family member.  Unable to keep liquids down for over 5-8 days.  Emergency room visits for hydration.  Severe weight loss and lack of vitamins/minerals.. leading to malnourishment.  takes from 3 days to 3 weeks after cessation of cannaboid use to recover to normalcy.  It was a  nightmare for us.  

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

If Josh Gordons "mental issues" are as horrible as you guys are making them out to be, maybe the pressure of competing in the NFL isn't a great idea to get your life back on track?

Are mental issues in quotes because you don't believe in mental health issues, or because you don't believe Josh Gordon has mental health issues?

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm not a pot-smoker but I do think it shouldn't be in the same category as heroin and cocaine.  It will be interesting to see if the league modifies its position on this.

Now that it happened to a Patriot, the rule will be changed in the next offseason. Kraft will see to it.

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Whatever, send him an email & become a pen pal with him. It's always been weed with Gordon, its been documented over & over & over again. 

You would think that someone who has lived with similar issues would actually have some compassion or maybe a little understanding.  Instead of trying to insult people intelligent enough to understand that we don't know everything.

26 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Yeah but I’m that’s what we do on this site. We bash the Patriots whenever possible. They go after anything with talent no matter the issues hoping to better themselves and trying to outsmart other teams in the process. Well this time they outsmarted themselves. Yes everyone knew about him but only the Patriots traded for him. Big blow to the Pats. 

Ive learned over the years to stop caring about the patriots.  Also it's hard to say there's much of a rivalry.  You need competition in order to call somethin a rivalry.  I honestly cant remember the last time the jets beat the pats.  Has Bowles ever won against them? Pasts 15 years the jets probably have somet-ing like a 6-26 record

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are marijuna stores across the country. There are doctors prescribing pot across the country.

So the only people enforcing the federal law is  the NFL? Makes plenty of sense. 

Wrong. 

LOL. I can be tested for Nicotine and lose my job. Seriously. Pretty sure nicotine is legal everywhere, but its in the CBA for my profession that if you smoke or use tobacco, you can lose your job. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Actually my Son in Law suffers from Crones & colitis very badly. He's only 36 & has to have treatments & be on some very nasty medications. Use to be a robust 190, now 155 lbs. No fault of his own. I have no sympathy for a guy that had the world in his hand & threw it away, sorry.

And I agree F-U Pats!

It would do him a world of good to start using medical marijuana if he isn’t already.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is a conversation that Max does not want here. Let’s stick to the topic. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wrong. 

LOL. I can be tested for Nicotine and lose my job. Seriously. Pretty sure nicotine is legal everywhere, but its in the CBA for my profession that if you smoke or use tobacco, you can lose your job. 

Why did the employees agree to such a thing?  Personally, I just wouldn’t work for a company like that even though I don’t smoke.  But, to each, their own.

Archived