The penalties, Bowles sucks, and the refs suck thread

Dcat

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Seriously? In overtime, when the PACKERS get called for a penalty and for some reason, out of nowhere they stop the game to see if there was a 12th man penalty on the precious play? Are you F*CKING KIDDING ME? 

And then throw flags on the Jets every single play until the Packers get rewarded with a first and goal? 

F*uck the NFL. That sh*t was so rigged today. Yeah, Bowles sucks and coached like the Coward he is, and it never should have gotten to that point, but FFS, man. How can you see refs do a review to LOOK for a penalty to call on the Jets and not know its rigged? LOL. If I was the HC of the NYJ, i would have needed to be physically removed from the field by security because I would have just followed that ref around calling him a cheating MF'er until they dragged me off. LOL

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No.

Many weren't.

did you watch from your seats in 135 or from home?  If you were there, then I think you should reserve your judgment until you see what everyone watching on TV saw. I was home and we scrutinized the calls and several players with multiple monitors.  PIs abounded.  Bowles defense is flat out piss poor and undisciplined.  That's on the coaching.

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

The only reviewable flag is the 12 men on the field penalty. In fact coaches can challenge these. So technically it was perfectly legal. The PIs I'm more concerned about. All day it was tick tack PIs that most should have been non calls. 

But they didn't even throw a flag in the first place. Like I mentioned earlier.....I've never seen anything like that in my entire life watching football.

6 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Is that even legal? I guess they realized they hadn’t made their quota of calls on the Jets 

yes I think it is., but not 100% sure  12 men on the field is subject to challenge and review.  During overtime the booth reviews, so no cach's challenge was needed, and they saw 12 men.  Unfortunate, but weird and I think legit.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

did you watch from your seats in 135 or from home?  If you were there, then I think you should reserve your judgment until you see what everyone watching on TV saw. I was home and we scrutinized the calls and several players with multiple monitors.  

I gave up those seats years ago.  Watched from home.

May get em (or similar) back next year though.

Things are looking up.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I gave up those seats years ago.  Watched from home.

May get em (or similar) back next year though.

Things are looking up.

oh  didn't know you left.  still have "135" in your screen name.  Great section!  yes, watching Darnold with a better coached team should be fun for many years to come.

Just now, Dcat said:

oh  didn't know you left.  still have "135" in your screen name.  Great section!  yes, watching Darnold with a better coached team should be fun for many years to come.

I'm cool with Bowles staying, but yeah regardless Sam, Jamal, Robby, Herndon...  the future is bright.

36 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Agreed, but what's with the unbidden?

Nobody called TO, there was no coaches challenges. It wasn't a TV TO. There was no flag thrown for it during the play. There was no reason to review the play for a Defensive penalty because none was called..

Somebody on the officiating crew probably said, "Hey, The league office really wants to keep Rodgers happy, lets take a look for something we can call on the Jets to offset this penalty and get him a road comeback win". LOL

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Jet suck 

they deserved to lose 

they called a terrible game at the end 

Bowles was terrible as was bates 

defense folded 

all that being said 

the addams PI was bullsh*t

the skrine PI in the end zone was Ticky tack

the refs were brutal 

they were calling it close to the vest like that all day.  If that's what they do, you adjust your coverage.  Bowles didn't.  Skrine's was definitely PI.  So were almost all the others.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nobody called TO, there was no coaches challenges. Iy wasn't a TV TO.There was no reason to review the call. Somebody on the officiating crew probably said, "Hey, The league office really wants to keep Rodgers happy, lets take a look for something we can call on the Jets to offset this penalty and get him a road comeback win". LOL

Are you talking about overtime?  Aren't there no coach's challenges in OT ? Don't all challenges come from the booth ?

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

they were calling it close to the vest like that all day.  If that's what they do, you adjust your coverage.  Bowles didn't.  Skrine's was definitely PI.  So were almost all the others.

Completely disagree

addams call was terrible. That was a great pass defend

The skrine PI happens probably on every pass play during a game

again not blaming the loss on the calls, jets had a chance to put the game away and the coaching staff went completely spineless and rudderless but some of those calls were terrible 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Are you talking about overtime?  Aren't there no coach's challenges in OT ? Don't all challenges come from the booth ?

Ive been watching NFL games for 4 decades. I have NEVER seen a play retroactively reviewed to check for a possible penalty. Never. Find me another example of this. They used REPLAY to call a penalty on the Jets for a play that was already run and over. Horsesh*t.

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Sure you can dispute bad calls.  Is that going to win us this game though?  No.  That’s my point.   All teams go through it at some point.  That’s not the main reason we lost this game.  They only have themselves to blame.  

You have a point about taking matters into your own hands, but you are DEAD WRONG that every teams goes through this at some point. There NO QUESTION that organizations like Green Bay and New England get help from the league scripts.

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Completely disagree

addams call was terrible. That was a great pass defend

The skrine PI happens probably on every pass play during a game

again not blaming the loss on the calls, jets had a chance to put the game away and the coaching staff went completely spineless and rudderless but some of those calls were terrible 

The nfl is about reputation, and bowles’ defense has the reputation for folding at the end so the refs figure if the defense makes a good play, may as well call the flag.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We must have watched a different game because the Skrine and Adams calls were complete BS, especially at that juncture of the game. They have to let these DB's play. 

I also thought the Cannon penalty on punt coverage was BS. The guy didn't call for a fair catch and crouched down about a foot when he fielded the ball. What was Cannon supposed to do on a play like that?

The NFL is so damn soft and the refs are determining the outcomes of games with BS ticky tack calls. That's not how the game is supposed to be played.

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

We must have watched a different game because the Skrine and Adams calls were complete BS, especially at that juncture of the game. They have to let these DB's play. 

I also thought the Cannon penalty on punt coverage was BS. The guy didn't call for a fair catch and crouched down about a foot when he fielded the ball. What was Cannon supposed to do on a play like that?

The NFL is so damn soft and the refs are determining the outcomes of games with BS ticky tack calls. That's not how the game is supposed to be played.

There was a sack of Darnold where the defender fell flat on top of him with all his weight. NO CALL 

14 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You have a point about taking matters into your own hands, but you are DEAD WRONG that every teams goes through this at some point. There NO QUESTION that organizations like Green Bay and New England get help from the league scripts.

Understood and I can’t go through every game for those teams and dispute what you are saying. This is not the main reason we lost though.  We lost because we have an offensive coaching staff that failed to call plays to put this game away.  We lost because we have an overpaid “shutdown corner” who decides to push the receiver 40 ******* yards down the field.  Those are things that the Jets can control.  Refs we can’t.  Then can only make a formal complaint about the refs after the game. 

6 minutes ago, Xtina said:

There was a sack of Darnold where the defender fell flat on top of him with all his weight. NO CALL 

TBH I hate calls like that in the first place. I know it's in the rules but it's just another example of the pussification of the NFL. 

That and not being able to overload your kickoff team to one side of the field for an onside kick. I mean....how many players have been injured over the years on onside kicks. 

1 minute ago, RobR said:

TBH I hate calls like that in the first place. I know it's in the rules but it's just another example of the pussification of the NFL. 

That and not being able to overload your kickoff team to one side of the field for an onside kick. I mean....how many players have been injured over the years on onside kicks. 

To my surprise I hate it too. But call it equally. It’s there to help out a team that’s losing that’s supposed to win, like the Pats. Selectively called. It would have been called if the Jets did it 

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

did you watch from your seats in 135 or from home?  If you were there, then I think you should reserve your judgment until you see what everyone watching on TV saw. I was home and we scrutinized the calls and several players with multiple monitors.  PIs abounded.  Bowles defense is flat out piss poor and undisciplined.  That's on the coaching.

I watched from home as well.  

Man, a lot of those PIs were incredibly questionable.  Adams in the end zone, the last one on Trumaine, Skrine had one that was just blanket coverage, I could go on.  

I hate Bowles as a Head Coach.  I have large issues with him and his issues with team discipline.  Today, some of those warts were there, but there were not enough legitimate, let alone ones that put GB in position to tie, and then win, this game.

This was called for PI and, ultimately, led to a TD for the Packers. 

That's a horsesh*t call and there were plenty more of that quality.  Darryl Roberts got robbed of a game sealing INT on the 2 point conversion for a phantom hold.  Even if he doesn't make it into the end zone on the return, no flag being thrown negates 2 points and Andre's return and Sam's drive is a game winner, not one that sends us to OT.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Man, a lot of those PIs were incredibly questionable.  Adams in the end zone, the last one on Trumaine, Skrine had one that was just blanket coverage, I could go on.  

I hate Bowles as a Head Coach.  I have large issues with him and his issues with team discipline.  Today, some of those warts were there, but there were not enough legitimate ones to lose this game.

This was called for PI and, ultimately, led to a TD for the Packers.  It was a horsesh*t call.

Congrats... you posted the one I didn't like, and was a bad call.  Easy to cherry pick the worst call of the day and then blame it all on the refs.    Doesn't matter.  Do you agree that Bowles fields a horribly undisciplined defense?  Punching other players, constant PIs and other stupid penalties.  This is all Bowles creation.  It's how he runs his team (defense).  Time to go.  I wish him well.  Just get out of Florham Park sooner than later.

Just now, Dcat said:

Congrats... you posted the one I didn't like, and was a bad call.  Easy to cherry pick the worst call of the day and then blame it all on the refs.    Doesn't matter.  Do you agree that Bowles fields a horribly undisciplined defense?  Punching other players, constant PIs and other stupid penalties.  This is all Bowles creation.  It's how he runs his team (defense).  Time to go.  I wish him well.  Just get out of Florham Park sooner than later.

Leonard williams got a personal foul either last week or 2 weeks ago for a late hit on a qb when he couldn’t sack him and i think his frustrations with his own play are boiling over.  He’s just not the player he thought he’d be and he’s a liability b/c he can’t control himself.  He’s certainly not a team leader.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hate Bowles as a Head Coach.  I have large issues with him and his issues with team discipline.  Today, some of those warts were there, but there were not enough legitimate, let alone ones that put GB in position to tie, and then win, this game.

This was called for PI and, ultimately, led to a TD for the Packers. 

That's a horsesh*t call and there were plenty more of that quality.  Darryl Roberts got robbed of a game sealing INT on the 2 point conversion for a phantom hold.  Even if he doesn't make it into the end zone on the return, no flag being thrown negates 2 points and Andre's return and Sam's drive is a game winner, not one that sends us to OT.

Good post but that last one on Trumaine was definitely PI. It was such a horrible play on his part I'm still scratching my head. 

Archived