The penalties, Bowles sucks, and the refs suck thread

Dcat

Just now, Dcat said:

Congrats... you posted the one I didn't like, and was a bad call.  Easy to cherry pick the worst call of the day and then blame it all on the refs.    Doesn't matter.  Do you agree that Bowles fields a horribly undisciplined defense?  Punching other players, constant PIs and other stupid penalties.  This is all Bowles creation.  It's how he runs his team (defense).  Time to go.  I wish him well.  Just get out of Florham Park sooner than later.

I edited this in late:

Darryl Roberts got robbed of a game sealing INT on the 2 point conversion for a phantom hold.  Even if he doesn't make it into the end zone on the return, no flag being thrown negates 2 points and Andre's return and Sam's drive is a game winner, not one that sends us to OT.

Yes, I also agree with the issues you brought up with Bowles.  He will be gone, and we will, hopefully, be better off for it.  However, his gripe with the officiating today was legitimate, and I'm not one to blame the refs this heavily.  I'm pissed off about a loss for the first time since Cleveland, that's how much the referees got to me today.  Sam got robbed of a perfect performance, that could have been a signature win where he outdueled Aaron Rodgers, because the NFL has destroyed this sport with the quality of officiating.  It's not just our game either.  There was a PI called in the Steelers game that might have been the worst call I've ever seen in my life, and I've been around this sport since I was 5 or 6.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Good post but that last one on Trumaine was definitely PI. It was such a horrible play on his part I'm still scratching my head. 

Tremaine has a bounce back year as the Jets sneak into the playoffs. 

If he does not he gets cut. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I edited this in late:

Yes, I also agree with the issues you brought up with Bowles.  He will be gone, and we will, hopefully, be better off for it.  However, his gripe with the officiating today was legitimate, and I'm not one to blame the refs this heavily.  I'm pissed off about a loss for the first time since Cleveland, that's how much the referees got to me today.  Sam got robbed of a perfect performance, that could have been a signature win where he outdueled Aaron Rodgers, because the NFL has destroyed this sport with the quality of officiating.  It's not just our game either.  There was a PI called in the Steelers game that might have been the worst call I've ever seen in my life, and I've been around this sport since I was 5 or 6.

It’s as if the nfl decides which team it wants to win certain games and works backwards.  

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Good post but that last one on Trumaine was definitely PI. It was such a horrible play on his part I'm still scratching my head. 

I firmly disagree.  It was a floating desperation duck pass that had no chance of being caught by the receiver or Trumaine, and the push off was questionable, at best.

It was extremely ticky tacky flag and I've seen teams do far worse to us, this season, without a call being made. 

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Tremaine has a bounce back year as the Jets sneak into the playoffs. 

If he does not he gets cut. 

He keeps getting penalties b/c he doesn’t run with the wrs, gets behind them and has to grab.  Stop peeking at the qb and play the wr and run with him from the start of the play.

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

I can’t beleive how lost Trumaine looked on that play.  Poor technique, poor positioning.  Looked like a lost division 3 rookie out there.  

Just now, Mogglez said:

I firmly disagree.  It was a floating desperation duck pass that had no chance of being caught by the receiver or Trumaine, and the push off was questionable, at best.

It was extremely ticky tacky flag and I've seen teams do far worse to us, this season, without a call being made. 

The refs were calling PIs last night on wrs who did nothing more than extend their arms, but didn’t push hard enough to create any separation.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

I can’t beleive how lost Trumaine looked on that play.  Poor technique, poor positioning.  Looked like a lost division 3 rookie out there.  

Classic example of a guy who took the money and is mailing it in on a bad team for a defensive coaching staff that doesn’t emphasize technique nearly enough.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

That's what make it even worse. It was a floating duck and he pushed the receiver when the ball was in the air. That's PI regardless of what has been called or not called in the past. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Classic example of a guy who took the money and is mailing it in on a bad team for a defensive coaching staff that doesn’t emphasize technique nearly enough.

He’s rarely in the right position and because of that he has to resort to using his hands to hold and grab the receivers so they don’t get by him. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

I think Trumaine and the team knows that he can’t cover deep reliably. Just an opinion, but he keeps playing so deep in off coverage and keeps taking the shallow man in the zone coverages on those bunch formations. 

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-todd-bowles-i-thought-we-were-playing-the-packers-and-the-striped-shirts/302174572

Just listen to the whining from Buster! He actually has The stones to ask out loud how can refs call penalties on critical downs? Uhhh dumbass, it’s because you committed a foul. Until the whining and complaining that others are to blame, the culture won’t change.

I honestly don't know why everyone is so upset.  This was by far the best outcome for the day.

There was one point in this game I was thinking, "Dang, this offense looks pretty good"Then the horror thought hit me, if the Jets blow the Pack out, looking good, then next week make a real game of it with the Pats, C J just might give Bowles an extension.  The way the Jets lost this game, if there was any doubt, nailed Bowles fortune in NY.

Everybody seems to agree, Sam looked great.  Anderson is starting to look like a legitimate WR.  He and Sam have this thing going on where Anderson fakes the long ball, stops, jumps, ball comes in high, DB is froze, bingo 15 yard gain.  The former Cane TE is looking like the Jets have found an impact TE in the 4th.  I don't want to pull a jinx, but the OL has been playing well in pass protection for a few weeks.

I'd much rather see Darnold play well, and win, then worry about if they pick  3rd or 6th.  What has happened the last two weeks is like having your cake and eating it.

I know this was a frustrating loss, but nothing bad comes out of it. C'mon guys,  Enjoy!!!  LOL

I have an issue when the offensive player lower his helmet into the defender's helmet.  What would otherwise have been a clean tackle turns into a penalty and there is absolutely nothing the defensive player can do to avoid that since he was on target to tackle the body until the last second.  The league needs to look at that rule and consider a change.  Straight helmet to helmet - penalty.  Offensive player lowers his helmet after the defensive player lowered his - no penalty.  This, as much as anything , is killing the game.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

freaking guy was late to nearly every big Rodgers play.  We scrutinized him during the game. and took note of the times he took a terrible angle or got duped by the TE leaving the Packer WR wide open. He sucked out there today as did the entire defense.

He is good as a straight on run stopper and he jumps around a lot but his over aggressiveness gives up big plays.  He does not make enough big plays as in turnovers to compensate.  Most on here love the guy as does the media.  I am okay with that but he simply does not help you win games in any meaningful way in todays nfl.

46 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/jets-todd-bowles-i-thought-we-were-playing-the-packers-and-the-striped-shirts/302174572

Just listen to the whining from Buster! He actually has The stones to ask out loud how can refs call penalties on critical downs? Uhhh dumbass, it’s because you committed a foul. Until the whining and complaining that others are to blame, the culture won’t change.

Was a bad call, especially considering point in the game

The Adam's PI call in the end zone was crap, and I'm not sure Rodgers crossed the plain of the goal line, but at the end of the day the jets players lost the game 

Bates called his best game, but the reverse is his bugaboo, it never works lol and the one to Roberts late was a killer 

The refs reviewed it, but it was in overtime. Not sure if the booth called for it to be reviewed which is still bullsh*t

That’s strange, I can’t remember refs reviewing to look for a penalty which was not called in the first place. From my vantage point, the refs made some questionable calls. 17 penalty’s is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

That’s strange, I can’t remember refs reviewing to look for a penalty which was not called in the first place. From my vantage point, the refs made some questionable calls. 17 penalty’s is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Today the bills had 3 penalties, the patriots had 5, the dolphins 10.  So the jets had as many penalties as the rest of the division combined today.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

He keeps getting penalties b/c he doesn’t run with the wrs, gets behind them and has to grab.  Stop peeking at the qb and play the wr and run with him from the start of the play.

Its all scheme , Johnson is a press coverage corner , Bowles scheme has him 10 yards off in coverage which is like a square peg in a round hole . 

This photo is all around hilarious.  Bowles looks like he’s going to throw a temper tantrum and cry.  The ref has a huge pimple in his mustache area.  Im not good with faces.  Who is that to the left of the ref because he looks like Luis Severino.  

DDAAE5C8-831F-4335-830A-6E4ECB8D1122.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Are you talking about overtime?  Aren't there no coach's challenges in OT ? Don't all challenges come from the booth ?

What was being "challenged"? Nothing. They reviewed the tape to find a penalty. Whats next, re-reviewing every previous play for possible False Starts, holding, and illegal motion? There was NO FLAG. The play was dead and over. There was no ruling TO challenge. 

It was absurd.

Archived