Ralph Vacchiano "Mike McCarthy is still a candidate for the Jets' job"

Jetsbb

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The_Jet_Nation said:

McCarthy does still appear to be a favorite, particularly of Jets CEO Christopher Johnson, according to a source. 

7AFCEE6D-B704-400D-AF1E-C712AC05A35E.jpeg

Hey we banned your account, you have several posts mentioning "sources" and people are confused, thinking it is the site.

Feel free to sign up under a new name that doesn't confuse people.

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The rumor going around right now is that Cleveland is going to hire the Colts defensive coordinator.  Don't know if that's true of course. 

Well, there do seem to be some rumors going around.  There's also a rumor that we won't stop hearing about rumors until the final coach is hired.  Don't know if that's true of course.  After all, it is....just a rumor.

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey we banned your account, you have several posts mentioning "sources" and people are confused, thinking it is the site.

Didn't we have another thread on trademark law already?  :D

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wrong! Not one has explained how he does to a rookie and does better than he did with ARogers. To think he could is foolish 

No one explained what he has done with a rookie QB?  Is that what you're saying?   Sorry man, I don't think I'm really getting what you mean 

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Cimini on Sports Extra tonight still says McCarthy is a top candidate for the job.   He says the earliest they would pick a candidate is midweek.

Let's hope not. Whole thing seems orchestrated by McCarthys agent. Would be a horrendous hire.

54 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think you and your crew are going to have a busy night tonight. 

2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I think there’s a 50/50 chance McCarthy goes to the Jets. That should satisfy the pro and anti McCarthy fans.

aahhhh . I see whatcha did there.   lol

So... If you flip a coin 50x it will come up heads 25x I suppose? 

44 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think you and your crew are going to have a busy night tonight. 

Yeah, what's going on here this week? All of a sudden there are a bunch of new people just posting nonsensensical, or argumentative stuff in just about every thread.. I thought at first it was one person opening multiple accounts, but now they're arguing with each other. I've only been on here about 5 months, and but I've never seen this here. Have long time members like you seen it before? 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, what's going on here this week? All of a sudden there are a bunch of new people just posting nonsensensical, or argumentative stuff in just about every thread.. I thought at first it was one person opening multiple accounts, but now they're arguing with each other. I've only been on here about 5 months, and but I've never seen this here. Have long time members like you seen it before? 

We see it every year. It is called the Bird Box effect.  :)

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So if your a new member you have to agree with the old member line of thinking??

3 hours ago, southtown24th said:

because: 1. he's coached in the NFL before 2. he's had success coaching in the nfl before 3. he's won a super bowl.

WTF more do you need? Is this that difficult?  You see the other options?  A pile of losers and a long list of Future Todd Bowles of the NFL...

So if Jim Caldwell had won that super bowl back in 2010 that would render him a great option as well? 

To think he was just 1 win away from being a top candidate for this job......

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah it is the "safe" choice. If they would really look at what he is I dont think theyd hire him. I still dont think they will.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah it is the "safe" choice. If they would really look at what he is I dont think theyd hire him. I still dont think they will.

I hope you right.We don’t need a safe choice. Look what young Matt Nagy and Doug  Peterson  And  look what the colts did they hire young oc that were smart And creative. If we hire  McCarthy we getting a play caller who  schemes are outdated and not  creative enough for today’s NFL 

it sounds like the jets will have this all wrapped up one way or another by the weekend unless they're also going to look at assistants who are still in the playoffs.  imo they already narrowed their choices down a few weeks ago and knew bowles wasn't coming back after the buffalo game.

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I saw the same thing in Clutch Points:

https://clutchpoints.com/browns-news-very-interested-in-colts-dc-matt-eberflus/

The Cleveland Browns’ offseason kicked off early, as they were not able to reach the playoffs, though, that does not mean that they aren’t busy these days. Among the things that are keeping them occupied is their search for the team’s next head coach. In a report by Dustin Fox of ESPN, the Browns seem to be zeroing in on Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus.

Eberflus?  That does not even sound like a real name.

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Cimini on Sports Extra tonight still says McCarthy is a top candidate for the job.   He says the earliest they would pick a candidate is midweek.

McCarthy may be interested.  He just might not be willing to concede player selection to someone like Macc.  So it might be abit of a holding pattern

Archived