Abert Breer periscope

Jetsbb

11 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Breer just said to Francesa "gun to my head, Gase to Jets"

Wonderful ******* news.  I think I am going to hurl...

In his defense, He got a pretty lousy team with a mediocre QB to play pretty well at times.  It could be worse.  Although I also have reservations.

4 minutes ago, shevys said:

Don't say that bro. You're one of the better posters on this site. 

Thanks.

I’m just tired of coaches that provide nothing for our QB moving forward. Sam is the most important player on this team for the last 50 years and they really want to consider putting his development under Gase! 

I know people are going to say he made Ryan Tannehill look good but we don’t know that. Let’s for a minute pretend that Bowles was offensive minded. Someone from a different fan base could just as easily say that Fitz and McCown had career years under Bowles and blah blah blah about his abilities to coach.

I don’t think Gase is a good option at all and I fear for the future of the team as well as Sam if Gase gets the job. I could see it now...Chris and Macc talking about how McCarthy just declined their offer and they need a HC with NFL coaching experience so they skip out on Monken to hire Case.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thanks.

I’m just tired of coaches that provide nothing for our QB moving forward. Sam is the most important player on this team for the last 50 years and they really want to consider putting his development under Gase! 

I know people are going to say he made Ryan Tannehill look good but we don’t know that. Let’s for a minute pretend that Bowles was offensive minded. Someone from a different fan base could just as easily say that Fitz and McCown had career years under Bowles and blah blah blah about his abilities to coach.

I don’t think Gase is a good option at all and I fear for the future of the team as well as Sam if Gase gets the job. I could see it now...Chris and Macc talking about how McCarthy just declined their offer and they need a HC with NFL coaching experience so they skip out on Monken to hire Case.

Suck it up. You're a Jets fan.  You're not going anywhere.  Don't think it'll be Gase anyway.  Chill.  

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thanks.

Gase also was the OC when Manning had the greatest QB season ever, not just Tannehill that performed well under him. Peyton also gives Gase credit for how well he played during the time he was OC. Jay Cutler had a career year with him as well as OC. He's definitely not the best candidate but he's not Bowles.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thanks.

Preach, brother! Totally agree. 

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Gase also was the OC when Manning had the greatest QB season ever, not just Tannehill that performed well under him. Peyton also gives Gase credit for how well he played during the time he was OC. Jay Cutler had a career year with him as well as OC. He's definitely not the best candidate but he's not Bowles.

Peyton Manning was basically a coach himself. The smartest QB this game has ever seen. The ability to digest what the defense is giving him pre-snap and completely flip the play to something that gets them upfield. The ultimate chess player.  He didn’t neee a coach to help him get to that level during 2013. He, himself, engineered a high powered offense with a young Sanders, DT, Julius Thomas, etc.  I’m not saying that Gase didn’t have a little influence on the outcome but I’m definitely saying that he didn’t have that large of an impact..no matter what sweet nothings that Peyton says about him.

And weren’t we saying before the season that Jeremy Bates got the best out of Jay Cutler? Man I’m sorry, I’m just not buying it.

51 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Peyton Manning was basically a coach himself. The smartest QB this game has ever seen. The ability to digest what the defense is giving him pre-snap and completely flip the play to something that gets them upfield. The ultimate chess player.  He didn’t neee a coach to help him get to that level during 2013. He, himself, engineered a high powered offense with a young Sanders, DT, Julius Thomas, etc.  I’m not saying that Gase didn’t have a little influence on the outcome but I’m definitely saying that he didn’t have that large of an impact..no matter what sweet nothings that Peyton says about him.

And weren’t we saying before the season that Jeremy Bates got the best out of Jay Cutler? Man I’m sorry, I’m just not buying it.

You can say that about any offensive coach. If the team plays well it's because of the talent. If the team plays poorly it's on the coach. Do you actually think Andy Reid had as much to do with Mahomes as Kingsbury did? Extremely doubtful, he hasn't been around him long enough. Gase has done a lot of good things. He is known as the type of guy that can develop a young QB. 10-6 with Miami is a big accomplishment.

Just now, Greensleeves said:

You can say that about any offensive coach. If the team plays well it's because of the talent. If the team plays poorly it's on the coach. Do you actually think Andy Reid had as much to do with Mahomes as Kingsbury did? Extremely doubtful, he hasn't been around him long enough. Gase has done a lot of good things. He is known as the type of guy that can develop a young QB. 10-6 with Miami is a big accomplishment.

No, in this special case, you can safely award the credit to a top 5 QB of all time.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

No one knows anything, people couldn't even locate Kingsbury and he was

over 1000 miles away

Well, KK is so innovative, PFT might have believed he created a wormhole to get from NJ to Arizona so fast

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

If you re-read the first three sentences of your post, you just made the case that he probably is the best candidate.

Archived