Baylor AD on Rhule

HawkeyeJet

7 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

UPDATE: Jets and Matt Rhule will speak again today about the open HC position. It's expected that if offered, Rhule will accept the job. This could be over by 6PM #Jets #Baylor #NFL https://t.co/VdmYQInH8U

unless Im wrong the author of this tweet is a high schooler from Mass.  getting that info from study hall?

still i hope he's right. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

UPDATE: Jets and Matt Rhule will speak again today about the open HC position. It's expected that if offered, Rhule will accept the job. This could be over by 6PM #Jets #Baylor #NFL https://t.co/VdmYQInH8U

Not going to lie, this guy is intriguing but at the expense of McCarthy isn't an easy sell..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The guy who tweeted that has 255 followers and labels himself as “Jets insider”. Why is he the only person with this information? 

The guy who tweeted that has 255 followers and labels himself as “Jets insider”. Why is he the only person with this information? 

I have no idea. It's all just speculation. Like the talking heads that supposedly had the inside scoop that McCarthy no longer wanted the Jets job..

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I am thinking the same thing... and also has anyone given any legitimate reason as to why Rhule should be a NFL HC, let alone of this team. Ridiculous.

Let's hire Rhule!!!! Yeah, Let's hire Rhule.... wait, why? Well he's a local guy.... Yeah hire Rhule, wait why... well he won at Temple.... yeah hire Rhule... wait but why? 

I mean come on 

JETS hire Rhule... then 4 years from now we are all like... Man I hope we can hire Press Taylor's QB coach as HC. In the process ruining Sam and remaining the dumpster fire of the AFCE with nothing to show for it, because we wanted to get cute hire a first time HC instead of McCarthy who will probably be Coaching another team to consistently winning seasons... 

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I have no idea. It's all just speculation. Like the talking heads that supposedly have the inside scoop that McCarthy no longer wanted the Jets job..

We won’t know anything until it happens. But I don’t think the kid has the scoop. I would like for this search to end today.

Rhule would be the only person I would be happy with if it isn't McCarthy. He's a CEO type Coach that will let his coordinators run the offense and defense similar to John Harbaugh. It really depends on his OC bc they will need to develop Sam. In that case I'd be ok with Gase being here to run the offense. Peyton Manning swears by him. They will also need to bring in a strong DC as well. Maybe Monken and Gase were interviewing more for the OC position than HC. Who the hell knows

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I am thinking the same thing... and also has anyone given any legitimate reason as to why Rhule should be a NFL HC, let alone of this team. Ridiculous.

Let's hire Rhule!!!! Yeah, Let's hire Rhule.... wait, why? Well he's a local guy.... Yeah hire Rhule, wait why... well he won at Temple.... yeah hire Rhule... wait but why? 

I mean come on 

JETS hire Rhule... then 4 years from now we are all like... Man I hope we can hire Press Taylor's QB coach as HC. In the process ruining Sam and remaining the dumpster fire of the AFCE with nothing to show for it, because we wanted to get cute hire a first time HC instead of McCarthy who will probably be Coaching another team to consistently winning seasons... 

Well many of these NFL media people say he's an outstanding leader and can set a tone of an entire organization, and has coaching experience in every aspect of the game. Kind of what the Jets need but whatever. 

2 hours ago, freestater said:

You have to worry about the connections he has to put a staff together. No league experience? 

Exactly. And how that would affect develop Darnold’s development. I could probably accept it if Gase or Monken become the OC, but it seems unlikely that they’d work under Rhule...

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Exactly. And how that would affect develop Darnold’s development. I could probably accept it if Gase or Monken become the OC, but it seems unlikely that they’d work under Rhule...

Do you really (I mean really) think that a guy who’s unanimously respected/loved by football America and just inherited Sam Darnold and 100milly in cap.. is going to have a hard time recruiting staff??

He’ll be staring at room of hands in the air  

We won’t know anything until it happens. But I don’t think the kid has the scoop. I would like for this search to end today.

Probably not but you never know. Anyway I found his followers list more curious than the initial tweet.

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Ballard liked Rhule last year for the Colts job and that guy seems to know what he’s doing, so there’s that 

Rhule turned them down after the interview because he vowed to rebuild Baylor. Wonder if he still feels that way after his second season there. 

23 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

And you know this how?  

Someone changed Rhule's Wikepedia page to say he was hired today by the Jets:

Matthew Kenneth Rhule (born January 31, 1975) is an American football coach and former player. He is formerly the head football coach at Baylor University and Temple University where he led the Owls to back-to-back 10-win seasons for the only time in school history. On January 9th, 2018 Rhule was hired as the head coach of the New York Jets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Rhule

It further states:

Rhule was hired by the New York Jets on January 9th, 2018 after an under wraps hiring process.

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Do you really (I mean really) think that a guy who’s unanimously respected/loved by football America and just inherited Sam Darnold and 100milly in cap.. is going to have a hard time recruiting staff??

He’ll be staring at room of hands in the air  

Fair point. 

Archived