Who is the best quarterback of all time?

Blackout

Who is the best?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Vote here

• Otto Graham
    • Johnny Unitas
    • Bart Starr
    • Joe Montana
    • Brett Favre
    • Peyton Manning
    • Cindy Brady
    • Drew Brees
    • Steve Young
    • Arnie Herber
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • John Elway

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s hard to win a super bowl. The Colts were lucky enough to land the first overall pick in a draft that had an actual, sure-thing blue chip quarterback. They surrounded him with first-round weapons in Harrison and Wayne and Clark, James then Addai. Protected his blind side with first rounder Tarik Glenn and rushed the other guy’s with first rounder Dwight Freeney. Still somehow managed to find a first-rounder to waste on a safety. Got a coach with experience running a contending organization and the godfather of the ostensibly innovative offensive coordinators. They won ONE. Is this even actually considered a debate anymore by anybody who isn’t a Jets fan?

I may be the only one to vote for Brees but maybe if he wins a trophy this year, more will jump on board.  I have a definite bias against short QBs.  Wanted nothing to do with Mayfield because of it.  But despite that I can't fathom how incredible Brees has been for freaking ever.  He's shattered records and is still piling on stats at an incredible pace.  Hasn't often had the teams/talent around him to win more hardware but just watching him play is a joy.  And he's a great guy who doesn't cheat which puts the cherry on top for me.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I may be the only one to vote for Brees but maybe if he wins a trophy this year, more will jump on board.  I have a definite bias against short QBs.  Wanted nothing to do with Mayfield because of it.  But despite that I can't fathom how incredible Brees has been for freaking ever.  He's shattered records and is still piling on stats at an incredible pace.  Hasn't often had the teams/talent around him to win more hardware but just watching him play is a joy.  And he's a great guy who doesn't cheat which puts the cherry on top for me.

Only Jersey I own

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I’m going Brees, too. I’ve had The pleasure of watching him every Sunday on local channel Most accurate QB ever. 

For a fan base who excoriates every free agent with “WHAT HAS HE WON???” as if it’s a personal indictment of a RB or MLB that has never been on a championship team, there can only be one answer: he of many rings.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Aaron Rodgers

1 minute ago, Larz said:

No Elway?

Cmon man!

Added...although both are over rated to me

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

What? A poll on a Jets site without Joe Namath on it. Are u kidding me?

If you think Namath is worthy of this thread you must've stopped watching football after January 1969.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's almost like the petty little sociopath is aware that people credit Brady for the Pat's success more than him

Did you ever see Bert Jones play? His team was terrible, and he'd win 10 or 11 games (14 game seasons) basically by himself. His 1976 season may very well have been the greatest season any QB has ever had.

Manning easy

Retired with just about every single season and career passing record plus a record 5 MVP's. I doubt any QB will retire with as many decorations as he did. 

I know Brady won more but he's a checkdown QB and his talent is not near Manning's.

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Manning easy

Retired with just about every single season and career passing record plus a record 5 MVP's. I doubt any QB will retire with as many decorations as he did. 

I know Brady won more but he's a checkdown QB and his talent is not near Manning's.

Brady's 2 SBs with 2 different teams will be tough to match.

15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Did you ever see Bert Jones play? His team was terrible, and he'd win 10 or 11 games (14 game seasons) basically by himself. His 1976 season may very well have been the greatest season any QB has ever had.

No a bit before my time and I cant speak to the talent around him but I know he had some ridiculous seasons for that era. 

I dont put much stock in anything that comes out of Belichicks mouth was my point, not criticizing the player 

Archived