***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RAMS are the BIGGEST BUNCH OF LOSERS I have ever seen play in the Super Bowl 

Jared Goff should be off riding a skateboard he played scared all game. 

Sean McVay go do an Old Spice commercial your team sucks no heart nothing today. 

Congrats to BB and WORLD CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 31 other NFL teams cannot BEAT THEM. 

The NY Jets will dethrone them BOOK IT. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The RAMS are the BIGGEST BUNCH OF LOSERS I have ever seen play in the Super Bowl 

Jared Goff should be off riding a skateboard he played scared all game. 

Sean McVay go do an Old Spice commercial your team sucks no heart nothing today. 

Congrats to BB and WORLD CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 31 other NFL teams cannot BEAT THEM. 

That's what happens when you look like Chad Pennington.  (like our new HC does btw).

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually nobody said that. But YOU said midway through the 2nd quarter Goff sucked and Sam was better. I argued that might've been premature after one bad half. Now that its an entire game, your original statement is still nonsensical.

Take a few minutes and explain to me rationally what Darnold has done so far that you can say he's better then Goff? And please leave the words "flashed" and "potentially" out of your answer. Thanks.

In truth I believe Darnold goes through his reads more efficiently than Goff, is far more elusive in the pocket than Goff and much better off platform than Goff to name just a few of the reasons why I like Sam over Goff .

Oh and who said I was basing my opinions on Goff on a half of SB football?

Indeed it seems like there are 30 or 40 of us "homers" out here who would not take Goff over Darnold based upon this and other games.

And if that is not enough for you Troy Aikman and Tony Romo both have said that Darnold has the chance to be a generational QB.

So you go on and continue to stand up for your man Goff but I stand by what i said i believe that I would chose Darnold over Goff all things being equal.....

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth I believe Darnold goes through his reads more efficiently than Goff, is far more elusive in the pocket than Goff and much better off platform than Goff to name just a few of the reasons why I like Sam over Goff .

Oh and who said I was basing my opinions on Goff on a half of SB football?

Indeed it seems like there are 30 or 40 of us "homers" out here who would not take Goff over Darnold based upon this and other games.

And if that is not enough for you Troy Aikman and Tony Romo both have said that Darnold has the chance to be a generational QB.

So you go on and continue to stand up for your man Goff but I stand by what i said i believe that I would chose Darnold over Goff all things being equal.....

Ok that's your opinion, and I respect it. I tagged you in another thread quoting Goff's stats the last two years to support my opinion, but that's all it is. My opinion. 

The only thing in your post I'll quibble with are the Romo and Aikman quotes. They don't hold water with me because I've heard them rave about every young QB who's starting in the league right now. LOL

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok that's your opinion, and I respect it. I tagged you in another thread quoting Goff's stats the last two years to support my opinion, but that's all it is. My opinion. 

The only thing in your post I'll quibble with are the Romo and Aikman quotes. They don't hold water with me because I've heard them rave about every young QB who's starting in the league right now. LOL

You would seriously take Goff over Darnold?

Where the heck did that Patriots D come from? They weren't that dominant during the season? With the exception of the 4th quarter against the chiefs, they were excellent in the playoffs and they played their best game of the season in the SB. Bellichick must be some sort of demon or wizard.

36 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You would seriously take Goff over Darnold?

I probably wouldn’t, but I’m not sure. I’m invested in Darnold now, so there’s that. This whole thing started in the game thread tonight when one of the mods said during the first half of tonight’s game, “Goff sucks. I’m so glad we have Sam, this proves he’s better”. That just seem like such absurd reasoning to me, and I challenged him on it. We both said our piece, and I thought it was over, until he mocked my view after the game. It’s obvious Goff was bad, but so was the entire offense, the OL especially. Look, I think Sam can be really good, I just don’t get how so many people here are so convinced about already based on what we’ve seen so far. 

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

If NFL is rigged, they would’ve pushed NO in. Brees v Brady would’ve been epic. Instead we got a snoozer. Proven with the king of dink and dunks getting MVP.

Actually, JUST the opposite.

Having the Rams play them all but assured a victory for Cindy

Pats defense:

Dline: 4th rounder, 7th rounder, 1st rounder (30th), 4th rounder

LB's: 1st rounder (25th), 6th rounder, 2nd rounder they traded for.

Safeties: 6th rounder, 2nd rounder they let go but brought back a few years later.

CBs: 1st rounder (27th), 1st rounder they signed as a FA.

Yeah lets draft another interior Dlineman this year (3rd overall) because he is BAP.

31 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Where the heck did that Patriots D come from? They weren't that dominant during the season? With the exception of the 4th quarter against the chiefs, they were excellent in the playoffs and they played their best game of the season in the SB. Bellichick must be some sort of demon or wizard.

They were pretty underrated all season long.  They had about 3-4 really terrible games early in the year where they were finding themselves which the media sensationalized as usual, but at the end of the day they had a lot of fixable problems, a good secondary at both levels, and criminally underrated edge rushers.  Their big weakness (slow lbs) wasn't exposed during the playoffs b/c  Kareem Hunt and Gurley were out of commission.

NE coaching staff tends to put their limited talent into roles/packages which suits their skillset.  They get more out of their players than any other team in the league, and that's why they keep winning these things and why its crazy that more teams don't copy their formula.  This has been their MO for 20 years now.

Archived