Da’Zarius Smith

Jetmech

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how the team with the second most cap space in dire need of an edge and center got outbid for both of those positions.

You can't fault Macc with edge rusher. If it wasn't for Barr getting a belly ache, we would have had the position filled. We had the biggest offer on the table ready to be signed. I still can't believe it.

27 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how the team with the second most cap space in dire need of an edge and center got outbid for both of those positions.

You can't force somebody to play somewhere that he doesn't want to play. Sometimes a few bucks extra just isn't worth it to them especially with different state tax structures. Sometimes it's family concerns cause "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" . lol

13 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

You can't fault Macc with edge rusher. If it wasn't for Barr getting a belly ache, we would have had the position filled. We had the biggest offer on the table ready to be signed. I still can't believe it.

Most correct but please read my post above .

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

You can't force somebody to play somewhere that he doesn't want to play. Sometimes a few bucks extra just isn't worth it to them especially with different state tax structures. Sometimes it's family concerns cause "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" . lol

I’m sure the taxes in NY are stupid higher than in Wisconsin And if 8 of your games get taxed in NY it’s like taking a drastic pay cut. So you need a better deal just to break even.

37 minutes ago, varjet said:

Not sure we got outbid but more of not inquiring. 

The word is after we verbally showed interest in Paradis, his agent said he wanted to move to "the country" and we didn't even send an offer to Mitch Morse.

For the pass rush, we were going to use Barr as more of a pass rusher like he did in college. Our DC Gregg Williams love's moving a linebacker around in that particular role. However we all know what happened 24 hours after the verbal commitment. 

I can understand how we got here, we still need to bring in a veteran pass rusher (Justin Houston, Shane Ray, Ziggy).

But if we can fill 2 of our major holes in premier pass rusher and center with our first 2 picks in the draft, 3rd and 68th than that would be a quality off season to me with rolling money over next year to continue our growth in the roster. 

33 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I’m sure the taxes in NY are stupid higher than in Wisconsin And if 8 of your games get taxed in NY it’s like taking a drastic pay cut. So you need a better deal just to break even.

Exactly. You better believe NYS taxes are higher. That's why people are fleeing the state in droves.

41 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Not sure we got outbid but more of not inquiring. 

The word is after we verbally showed interest in Paradis, his agent said he wanted to move to "the country" and we didn't even send an offer to Mitch Morse.

For the pass rush, we were going to use Barr as more of a pass rusher like he did in college. Our DC Gregg Williams love's moving a linebacker around in that particular role. However we all know what happened 24 hours after the verbal commitment. 

I can understand how we got here, we still need to bring in a veteran pass rusher (Justin Houston, Shane Ray, Ziggy).

But if we can fill 2 of our major holes in premier pass rusher and center with our first 2 picks in the draft, 3rd and 68th than that would be a quality off season to me with rolling money over next year to continue our growth in the roster. 

Scratch Houston , he signed with the Colts.... DAMN

14 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Scratch Houston , he signed with the Colts.... DAMN

Right

And I realized we gave Anderson 7 annually which puts us out on Ziggy Ansah. I saw he just left Buffalo with out a deal but a good visit. 

I honestly would be kind of surprised if Seattle does not move Frank Clark this year. They only have 5 million in cap room left and he is on the 1 year franchise tag worth 17.5.

Our second 3rd, 6th, ILB Darren Lee

Frank Clark and we extend him this year

41 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Right

And I realized we gave Anderson 7 annually which puts us out on Ziggy Ansah. I saw he just left Buffalo with out a deal but a good visit. 

I honestly would be kind of surprised if Seattle does not move Frank Clark this year. They only have 5 million in cap room left and he is on the 1 year franchise tag worth 17.5.

Second?

18 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Uh ... none of the Jets games get taxed in NY

19 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

ive said this before and ill say it here... it was the barr fiasco that cost us both Smiths.. One of them Z'darius being the primary one. were the targets if barr wasnt signed.. that was their priority list. 

100%

17 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Right

Clark has a DV history, the Jets won't be acquiring him. 

20 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Uh ... none of the Jets games get taxed in NY

Players pay taxes to states they play in as well as federal taxes. NYS taxes are one of the highest in the country so if you play half your games in NY you will pay more than if you play in Wisconsin. See below.

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team’s state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, MaxAF said:

The cost of living can be 800% higher depending on where you live. 

2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Players pay taxes to states they play in as well as federal taxes. NYS taxes are one of the highest in the country so if you play half your games in NY you will pay more than if you play in Wisconsin. See below.

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team’s state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes.

I’m gonna correct this. It’s actually NJ taxes, but they are still much higher than Wisconsin 

4 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Source of the quoted material—out of curiosity. I was discussing with someone the other day

14 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Dude, are you confused about where the Meadowlands are?

Archived