Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetmech

Da’Zarius Smith

Recommended Posts

Maybe the Barr BS or he was using the Jets to raise the $?

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive said this before and ill say it here... it was the barr fiasco that cost us both Smiths.. One of them Z'darius being the primary one. were the targets if barr wasnt signed.. that was their priority list. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can finally draft a good edge.  Would be crazy if we hit on two of our longest running  problems on back to back drafts 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand how the team with the second most cap space in dire need of an edge and center got outbid for both of those positions.

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how the team with the second most cap space in dire need of an edge and center got outbid for both of those positions.

You can't fault Macc with edge rusher. If it wasn't for Barr getting a belly ache, we would have had the position filled. We had the biggest offer on the table ready to be signed. I still can't believe it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how the team with the second most cap space in dire need of an edge and center got outbid for both of those positions.

You can't force somebody to play somewhere that he doesn't want to play. Sometimes a few bucks extra just isn't worth it to them especially with different state tax structures. Sometimes it's family concerns cause "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" . lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

You can't fault Macc with edge rusher. If it wasn't for Barr getting a belly ache, we would have had the position filled. We had the biggest offer on the table ready to be signed. I still can't believe it.

Most correct but please read my post above .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

You can't force somebody to play somewhere that he doesn't want to play. Sometimes a few bucks extra just isn't worth it to them especially with different state tax structures. Sometimes it's family concerns cause "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" . lol

I’m sure the taxes in NY are stupid higher than in Wisconsin And if 8 of your games get taxed in NY it’s like taking a drastic pay cut. So you need a better deal just to break even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder who offered more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you work for the NY Jets all your games are taxed on the NJ scale.

Aside from the taxes a lot of people just don't want to live in NY/NJ.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you work for the NY Jets all your games are taxed on the NJ scale.
Aside from the taxes a lot of people just don't want to live in NY/NJ.  

Imagine that.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how the team with the second most cap space in dire need of an edge and center got outbid for both of those positions.

Not sure we got outbid but more of not inquiring. 

The word is after we verbally showed interest in Paradis, his agent said he wanted to move to "the country" and we didn't even send an offer to Mitch Morse.

For the pass rush, we were going to use Barr as more of a pass rusher like he did in college. Our DC Gregg Williams love's moving a linebacker around in that particular role. However we all know what happened 24 hours after the verbal commitment. 

I can understand how we got here, we still need to bring in a veteran pass rusher (Justin Houston, Shane Ray, Ziggy).

But if we can fill 2 of our major holes in premier pass rusher and center with our first 2 picks in the draft, 3rd and 68th than that would be a quality off season to me with rolling money over next year to continue our growth in the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when a lot of people were like "Gotta draft offense, even if we can't trade down.  We'll just sign a pass rusher, or even two!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I’m sure the taxes in NY are stupid higher than in Wisconsin And if 8 of your games get taxed in NY it’s like taking a drastic pay cut. So you need a better deal just to break even.

Exactly. You better believe NYS taxes are higher. That's why people are fleeing the state in droves.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Not sure we got outbid but more of not inquiring. 

The word is after we verbally showed interest in Paradis, his agent said he wanted to move to "the country" and we didn't even send an offer to Mitch Morse.

For the pass rush, we were going to use Barr as more of a pass rusher like he did in college. Our DC Gregg Williams love's moving a linebacker around in that particular role. However we all know what happened 24 hours after the verbal commitment. 

I can understand how we got here, we still need to bring in a veteran pass rusher (Justin Houston, Shane Ray, Ziggy).

But if we can fill 2 of our major holes in premier pass rusher and center with our first 2 picks in the draft, 3rd and 68th than that would be a quality off season to me with rolling money over next year to continue our growth in the roster. 

Scratch Houston , he signed with the Colts.... DAMN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Zarius, however I'm disappointed to hear we were in the running for such a steep price. This is understandable for a new GM to do so as he's in an unfortunate position due to what he's inherited, however unexcusable for Mac after being here for 4-5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mac is the Dave Kingman or Rob Deer of acquiring pass rushers,

Dave Kingman hit 400 Hr to go with eleventy thousand strikeouts.   Where is Mac's home runs?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Scratch Houston , he signed with the Colts.... DAMN

Right

And I realized we gave Anderson 7 annually which puts us out on Ziggy Ansah. I saw he just left Buffalo with out a deal but a good visit. 

I honestly would be kind of surprised if Seattle does not move Frank Clark this year. They only have 5 million in cap room left and he is on the 1 year franchise tag worth 17.5.

Our second 3rd, 6th, ILB Darren Lee

Frank Clark and we extend him this year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mac is the Dave Kingman or Rob Deer of acquiring pass rushers,

Both struck out most of the time but Kong connected more often.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Right

And I realized we gave Anderson 7 annually which puts us out on Ziggy Ansah. I saw he just left Buffalo with out a deal but a good visit. 

I honestly would be kind of surprised if Seattle does not move Frank Clark this year. They only have 5 million in cap room left and he is on the 1 year franchise tag worth 17.5.

Our second 3rd, 6th, ILB Darren Lee

Frank Clark and we extend him this year

Second?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The agents job is to use people 

It happens hundreds of times every year 

Man this fan base is permanently butt hurt 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Both struck out most of the time but Kong connected more often.  

And when he did it was gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

The agents job is to use people 

It happens hundreds of times every year 

Man this fan base is permanently butt hurt 

In the head!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I’m sure the taxes in NY are stupid higher than in Wisconsin And if 8 of your games get taxed in NY it’s like taking a drastic pay cut. So you need a better deal just to break even.

Uh ... none of the Jets games get taxed in NY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

ive said this before and ill say it here... it was the barr fiasco that cost us both Smiths.. One of them Z'darius being the primary one. were the targets if barr wasnt signed.. that was their priority list. 

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

And when he did it was gone

Oh yeah.  Long, long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Right

And I realized we gave Anderson 7 annually which puts us out on Ziggy Ansah. I saw he just left Buffalo with out a deal but a good visit. 

I honestly would be kind of surprised if Seattle does not move Frank Clark this year. They only have 5 million in cap room left and he is on the 1 year franchise tag worth 17.5.

Our second 3rd, 6th, ILB Darren Lee

Frank Clark and we extend him this year

Clark has a DV history, the Jets won't be acquiring him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Uh ... none of the Jets games get taxed in NY

Players pay taxes to states they play in as well as federal taxes. NYS taxes are one of the highest in the country so if you play half your games in NY you will pay more than if you play in Wisconsin. See below.

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team’s state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, MaxAF said:

I’m sure the taxes in NY are stupid higher than in Wisconsin And if 8 of your games get taxed in NY it’s like taking a drastic pay cut. So you need a better deal just to break even.

The cost of living can be 800% higher depending on where you live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Players pay taxes to states they play in as well as federal taxes. NYS taxes are one of the highest in the country so if you play half your games in NY you will pay more than if you play in Wisconsin. See below.

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team’s state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes.

I’m gonna correct this. It’s actually NJ taxes, but they are still much higher than Wisconsin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Players pay taxes to states they play in as well as federal taxes. NYS taxes are one of the highest in the country so if you play half your games in NY you will pay more than if you play in Wisconsin. See below.

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team’s state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes.

Source of the quoted material—out of curiosity. I was discussing with someone the other day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Players pay taxes to states they play in as well as federal taxes. NYS taxes are one of the highest in the country so if you play half your games in NY you will pay more than if you play in Wisconsin. See below.

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team’s state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes.

Dude, are you confused about where the Meadowlands are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it’s Jersy taxes. Still way higher than Wisconsin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

×