Browns @ Jets week 1 MNF

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I looked it up.   It rings a bell now.  9/13/15. The game Johnny Manziel came in for McCown in relief. 

A game I specifically recall because the board lit up with people saying how well Calvin Pryor played that day.  I kept trying to point out that he was beaten by TE Gary Barnidge by 4 steps down the seam for what should have been a 60+ yard TD... but Pryor was bailed out by an errant throw.  Very few wanted to listen...

Thank you for doing what you do and keeping us all safe lol.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

THere were a ton of "leaks" last year and most of them were wrong.  Would the Jets really open up on Monday Night in two consecutive seasons.  I will believe it if/when it is announced by the NFL.

I'm betting OBJ and Jamal know who they are playing in week 1

24 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

People are seriously hanging on a little too hard on the end of the Brown penis....they will NOT be the squad you think they will be. That rookie coach is gonna have some issues this year. 

Count on it. I look forward to kicking their asses game 1

@Villain The Foe has a tight grip.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

42-12 Browns. The last time Beckham faced Trumaine Johnson and Gregg Williams, Williams put a bounty on Beckham and Beckham responded by punching Johnson in the face mask and shredding the living sh*t out of him in the second half of the game. 

Ah. 8 catches on 12 targets, 148 yards, two TDs. ‘‘Twas a bloodletting. 

3A8BAA57-CA39-49FF-A9B1-A13A19487A0F.png

28 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Does anyone recall the last time the Jets played the Browns at home? It’s been unbelievable how many road games the Jets have played in Cleveland over the years. Same thing with the Raiders.

First game of coach Bowles. 

Browns road opponents this year:

Jets

Patriots

Cardinals

49ers

Broncos

Steelers

Ravens

Bengals

We knows it's not the Patriots and they don't put divisional games in week 1 typically. So it's us or the Cardinals, 49ers and Broncos. I'm pretty certain the matchup that'll draw the most attention is the Jets. The young QB's, Bell, OBJ, Greg Williams, 2 new Head Coaches. This may be the most hyped matchup of the week.

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jets and Greg Williams have signed Tanya Harding as special consultant to the Jets secondary.

AE142B0B-DEA6-41A9-B059-C12BC1C23C3C.jpeg.38421c0599756cf8ec694f9b10dce184.jpeg

I once met Nancy Kerrigan at a golf course here in Sarasota.  I swear, standing next to her, I thought she was like 4'11".  She was so short.

If it is true Jets will win this game. Greg Williams knows the Browns offense. He knows how to beat Baker. Also Cleveland has a 1st time head coach - guaranteed he won't be as prepared as Gase will be. Gase is good in season openers. Jets at home. Who is Clevelands new defensive coordinator? Jets win this game!

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I looked it up.   It rings a bell now.  9/13/15. The game Johnny Manziel came in for McCown in relief. 

A game I specifically recall because the board lit up with people saying how well Calvin Pryor played that day.  I kept trying to point out that he was beaten by TE Gary Barnidge by 4 steps down the seam for what should have been a 60+ yard TD... but Pryor was bailed out by an errant throw.  Very few wanted to listen...

The Pryor helicopter hit on McCown was incredible - he came out of nowhere.  I thought we had a superstar.  Ooops.

Well, I'm not as pessimistic as Shane, but I do think (As of this moment. The draft could change this.) the Browns are a better team than the Jets. They've added more weapons to support their young QB than the Jets have Darnold. They already had more talent on their team than the Jets due to so many top 5 picks. Their defense and offense statistically were better than ours last season.

Based on the above paragraph, I would put the outcome at 28-17 Browns. Mac purged this team of talent and hasn't done much of anything to backfill those losses.

7 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Does anyone recall the last time the Jets played the Browns at home? It’s been unbelievable how many road games the Jets have played in Cleveland over the years. Same thing with the Raiders.

Yeah, it was opening game 2015. All I remember was Josh McCown getting helicoptered right by my section, at the goal line, and Manziel taking over.

Archived