@retiremoms

nico002

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could've gotten her a bigger house if he ate less of her home cooked meals these last couple of months. Just sayin. 

Anyway, just kidding, seems like a good kid; not every 20 year old is totally dialed, Jets may or may not have done their homework. At least he seems like a football player and not a combine work out warrior like Hill or Gholston. 

Of course, fans on here would complain either way, so there's that. :-)

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, honor my mother by alienating all of my potential employers by being the worst possible candidate for a job at the time of the interview.

Why do we expect guys to exhibit a level of self awareness and maturity beyond their age? He's 21 years old and clearly comes from a poor family. So it's not like he's a world traveler with enriched real life experiences. He seems like a good kid who will benefit greatly if he manages to surround himself with the right people. 

He is a young kid who got some bad advice from his agent and didn't handle an interview well. Yet, many are calling him a character issue type of pick. Mac rolled the dice on him, if he can turn it around and the coaching staff can mentor him, he could be a steal.

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why do we expect guys to exhibit a level of self awareness and maturity beyond their age? He's 21 years old and clearly comes from a poor family. So it's not like he's a world traveler with enriched real life experiences. He seems like a good kid who will benefit greatly if he manages to surround himself with the right people. 

I don’t think any of those “enriched real life experiences” are going to turn Polite into a high-level professional athlete, but we’ll see. Weird draft pick is all I’m saying. Even his coaches apparently didn’t like him.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This was a steal pick. He had a bad hammy in the offseason which probably contributed to his weight gain and his poor combine performance

His bad 40 must be for a reason? You what’s the video and he’s in the backfield in a blink of an eye. 

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s bad 40 must be for a reason? You what’s the video and he’s in the backfield in a blink of an eye. 

What does a 40 time tell us about a pass rusher anyway? I could see other drills being meaningful but it doesn't matter how quickly a pass rusher can run 40 yards in a straight line. That's not something they're doing on the football field unless they're chasing down a big play from behind.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

He is a young kid who got some bad advice from his agent and didn't handle an interview well. Yet, many are calling him a character issue type of pick. Mac rolled the dice on him, if he can turn it around and the coaching staff can mentor him, he could be a steal.

If,if,if. That's the problem. You don't know what the kid will be. You don't take guy with attitude if you can't handle him. Williams probably can but this kid may not respond to his style. We will see.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What does a 40 time tell us about a pass rusher anyway? I could see other drills being meaningful but it doesn't matter how quickly a pass rusher can run 40 yards in a straight line. That's not something they're doing on the football field unless they're chasing down a big play from behind.

Agreed T Suggs ran a 4.84 40 when he came out. I would say his career turned out fine .

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hoping like heck this kid turns out to be the steal of the 2019 NFL draft. 

All we can do at this point...

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, honor my mother by alienating all of my potential employers by being the worst possible candidate for a job at the time of the interview.

Unless your plan is to do this. T0m even I think you’re laying it on a little thick. ?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think any of those “enriched real life experiences” are going to turn Polite into a high-level professional athlete, but we’ll see. Weird draft pick is all I’m saying. Even his coaches apparently didn’t like him.

Sorry, I thought you were trying to make a point. I'm not really into playing the moving target game on an internet discussion board.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

If,if,if. That's the problem. You don't know what the kid will be. You don't take guy with attitude if you can't handle him. Williams probably can but this kid may not respond to his style. We will see.

It wasn't like the kid ran wild, smoked weed, and wrecked his car. His agents gave him bad advice to bulk up and he got injured. I guess those asking for Mac should take a chance only meant in the 1st? It is a shame, however, because we know that most 3rd round picks have like a 98% chance to stick and Mac passed up tons of can't miss prospects at LT, WR, etc.

But, yeah, I don't know what the kid will be; this is why the draft is a crap shoot. I just don't think the 'attitude' questions are all that valid.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Agreed T Suggs ran a 4.84 40 when he came out. I would say his career turned out fine .

Polite isn't slow. That's not the problem with the 40. The problem with the 40 is he's an a$$hole. That's the problem with everything. If you get the player you see on the field, it should cost you a lot more than 68. That it didn't should tell you all you need to know. But if not you can ask his college coaches or basically anybody from any team besides the Jets who's dealt with him.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Link?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

All we can do at this point...

Unless your plan is to do this. T0m even I think you’re laying it on a little thick. ?

Looking at it objectively, 

Good:

1. Great production 

2. Intriguing tape

Bad:

1. Disaster triangle numbers 

2. Disaster interview process

3. Character red flags from every corner

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Looking at it objectively, 

Good:

1. Great production 

2. Intriguing tape

Bad:

1. Disaster triangle numbers 

2. Disaster interview process

3. Character red flags from every corner

Personally, I’m stunned we couldn’t fine someone with all good and no bad in the 3rd round, a good GM like Idzik would have nailed it

2 minutes ago, Lon chaney said:

That's now TWICE in this thread that posters mentioned that his coaches didn't like him. I know it's the posters who are just looking to be negative but I mean put a quote with it if thats what your claim is. 

Doesn’t one of his Florida coaches now work for the Jets?

Can’t have hated him that much. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ah.  The third round is now the 12th round, I see. 

Not at all, most teams were able to get guys who had incredible film, killed the combine, and also have letters of recommendation from Gandhi, mother Theresa and AOC, we really botched it missing all those guys

Archived