Gregg Williams dead man walking?

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Don’t encourage the rants. This past day is a net positive. Macc is gone and Lee is gone. Suddenly we’re rumored to get great up and coming GM talent. When was the last time that happened?

I’m happy about Douglas and I’m happy that Maccagnan and Lee are gone but I am still worried about the coaches. I don’t know how sure I am that Gregg and Gase won’t fall out hard. That’s the one thing I was hoping would stay intact for the players sake.

you get new coaches, all the guys are excited and wide eyed then the coaches fall out like high school girls and it ruins everything. That would suck.

12 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Cimini reporting Gase was not on board with Gregg. Also hearing that Gregg preferred Ed Oliver or Josh Allen over Quinnen for his D and his opinion was not considered important 

does not seem like Gase's opinion mattered much in the draft either - it was terrible

Agree with Gregg and think he is the best thing to happen to the Jets Defense since fat Rex - if Gase is smart he leaves Gregg Williams and Bell to do their jobs

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I’m happy about Douglas and I’m happy that Maccagnan and Lee are gone but I am still worried about the coaches. I don’t know how sure I am that Gregg and Gase won’t fall out hard. That’s the one thing I was hoping would stay intact for the players sake.

So far the only report that Gase and Williams don’t get along is that Cimini said “he doesn’t think Gase wanted Williams,” and Cimini has had zero scoops in the last few news cycles so just take a deep breath.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

So far the only report that Gase and Williams don’t get along is that Cimini said “he doesn’t think Gase wanted Williams,” and Cimini has had zero scoops in the last few news cycles so just take a deep breath.

No one in the local media should be believed.  None of them had this story, Tony Pauline did.

So I'm sure their editors are all over their butts because they didn't have that "scoop"

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Cimini reporting Gase was not on board with Gregg. Also hearing that Gregg preferred Ed Oliver or Josh Allen over Quinnen for his D and his opinion was not considered important 

Crazy thought here...any chance Gase felt the same way and that this was the straw that broke the camels back?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Exactly my thoughts.  I don’t think Gase wanted Quinnen either.  

Sure sounds like it. I posted in another thread that Chris Johnson emphasized "decisive" numerous times in an interview with Kim Jones. Starting to connect dots here.....can't decide on Paradis, can't close Barr, had trade down from#3(Raiders or Bills) but couldn't pull trigger. The last one probably was the last dagger.

Just now, section314 said:

Sure sounds like it. I posted in another thread that Chris Johnson emphasized "decisive" numerous times in an interview with Kim Jones. Starting to connect dots here.....can't decide on Paradis, can't close Barr, had trade down from#3(Raiders or Bills) but couldn't pull trigger. The last one probably was the last dagger.

We saw that for the last 5 years, he was used and abused in negotiations several times through his tenure and made some brutal decisions.  He was a massive failure, not sorry to see him gone.  His draft record is ABYSMAL.   

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Don’t encourage the rants. This past day is a net positive. Macc is gone and Lee is gone. Suddenly we’re rumored to get great up and coming GM talent. When was the last time that happened?

Also the Cimini thing about Gregg Williams was an opinion and the Ed Oliver thing is from Walter Football. 

If you are a GM looking for a new team, after what just happened, what about the Jets makes you want to work for them?

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

can't fault mccagnan for taking Q.  but i can see gase getting miffed that his opinions weren't highly regarded during the draft, and i imagine cj saw the relationship not working going forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

If you are a GM looking for a new team, after what just happened, what about the Jets makes you want to work for them?

I think that is the most legit concern after what's happened the last 24 hours. Gase has a history of being a pain and he just got the last GM fired and before giving the owner a chance to find a new GM he insta-trades away Lee. 

It's definitely possible Gase/Johnson already have a GM in line and that the GM was on board with the trade so it's a big nothing-burger, but it's definitely a legit concern. 

On the opposite side, there are PLENTY of prospective GMs that would kill to inherit Sam Darnold, young/up and coming team with cap space going forward. 

If Chris Johnson was supposedly in the room when all this was going on than we have no hope. He supposedly decided Macc was not the right guy. If coaches are saying takes ed or trade back and take ed, you as the CEO need to pull the trigger. Have some balls and over rule the GM. Don’t let the guy you no longer believe in make the call. You make the call, fire him after the draft and tell the world the first pick was your call based on input from all parties. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If Chris Johnson was supposedly in the room when all this was going on than we have no hope. He supposedly decided Macc was not the right guy. If coaches are saying takes ed or trade back and take ed, you as the CEO need to pull the trigger. Have some balls and over rule the GM. Don’t let the guy you no longer believe in make the call. You make the call, fire him after the draft and tell the world the first pick was your call based on input from all parties. 

Chris Johnson’s NFL CEO resume reads,” Woodys baby brother.” Not sure why anyone expected anything different. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A poster on here yesterday who claimed to have inside knowledge said part of the Dinger-Macc-Gase beef was about Macc not making a deal this draft even though there was "fair value." If Gase flipped his lid about the draft, I'd imagine that it'd be about something like that--Macc wanting to draft the surefire hit in Quinnen and everyone else in the building wanting to use multiple picks to stock the roster with their own players. It's impossible to reconcile the idea that Quinnen was "the best player in the draft" and that there were zero offers to come up for that pick. Maccagnan was the only one in the organization that needed the can't-miss pick in that spot, so it makes sense. Especially if, now, Gregg Williams wasn't in love with Quinnen as a prospect. 

What do you want to be the sticking point and why Mac finally just sticked and picked was some measly sh*t like a 5th rounder in 2020. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

What do you want to be the sticking point and why Mac finally just sticked and picked was some measly sh*t like a 5th rounder in 2020. 

It'd be 1000% something like that. We saw with the Darnold trade that Heimerdinger wasn't a devotee of the trade chart, so if it's true that he and Macc went after each other over this, it's because of some stupid low-round pick worth 50 points.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan was the only one in the organization that needed the can't-miss pick in that spot, so it makes sense. 

the only two reasons mccagnan was still with the jets when cj fired bowles, were adams and darnold.  mccagnan was just trying to buy himself another year and more kudos by taking the no brainer pick.  and yes i do think this caused a rift among gase/dinger/mccags b/c it was friday of the draft when all the rumors hit.

• Upvote 1