Jets are close to taking over AFC East

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

This is gonna be the easiest ressurection project in the NFL.

This is the only sticking point for me. If a guy who is good at finding talent in the draft and prioritizing correctly comes in, this team won’t take long to fill out better. 

Matter fact — it’d assumingely fill out just as Brady is retiring.(2-3 year gap)

Macc is gone. 

There isn't a capable GM out there that won't understand what this team needs to be complete. Jets still have 30 million dollars & all of their draft picks in 2020. OFFENSIVE LINE....#1 WR...CB. 

This is gonna be the easiest ressurection project in the NFL. Jets already have their QB & he's just turning 22 this August. They are very strong in the trenches on defense, at Dline & LB. You don't need pro bowlers at every position on the Oline they need more youth. 

Jet fans will get the last laugh over the next 5 years. They are already ahead of the Bills, our 21 year old rookie went into Buffalo in the cold weather & beat them last year and Miami is in total rebuild mode. Gregg Williams is going to aggressively go after the inaccurate Josh Allen & the lead footed Rosen. That's 4 wins. Sam with drop over 21 on each & our defense MIGHT give up 17. 

The sky isn't falling. 

How long have you been a Jets fan? This has a complete cluster **** written all over it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

How long have you been a Jets fan? This has a complete cluster **** written all over it. 

Wonder how many Browns fans, as well as Jets fans said the same things about Dorsey taking over as GM of the Browns?

Now theyre everyones cool pick to surprise.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Macc is gone. 

There isn't a capable GM out there that won't understand what this team needs to be complete. Jets still have 30 million dollars & all of their draft picks in 2020. OFFENSIVE LINE....#1 WR...CB. 

This is gonna be the easiest ressurection project in the NFL. Jets already have their QB & he's just turning 22 this August. They are very strong in the trenches on defense, at Dline & LB. You don't need pro bowlers at every position on the Oline they need more youth. 

Jet fans will get the last laugh over the next 5 years. They are already ahead of the Bills, our 21 year old rookie went into Buffalo in the cold weather & beat them last year and Miami is in total rebuild mode. Gregg Williams is going to aggressively go after the inaccurate Josh Allen & the lead footed Rosen. That's 4 wins. Sam with drop over 21 on each & our defense MIGHT give up 17. 

The sky isn't falling. 

I see where you're going, and it's most definitely possible. Macc was so terrible that it's hard for someone to come in and remain that level of bad. So this firing overall is an upgrade, but an upgrade that will only produce dividends next year given that the next GM cant gut a team that just spent 200 million in free agency and picked their draft picks. There could be some depth things to consider changing though, so there's that. 

I wouldnt really say that they're "already" ahead of the Bills. The Bills did some nice things this offseason as well. Our All Pro returner Andre Roberts is now their All Pro returner. We got Quinnen Williams in the draft, they got Ed Oliver. As a passer the Jets clearly have the better QB of the two, but Allen does possess and "elite" dimension when it comes to mobility. He's a Tight End when he tucks and runs. They did try to help that offensive line by signing C Mitch Morse which was a solid signing. Our Center position is vacant and the only folks who speak favorably about our Center situation are Jets fans who are being incredible homers...and we're going into the season with that problem as we're currently situated. 

With that said, I think we do have the best pure talent on either side of the ball with RB Leveon Bell, while their RB McCoy is coming off of the worst statistical season of his career. I also think we have a better WR group than the Bills with Robby being the best WR of any of the wideouts. I could argue that Jamison Crowder is also better than any WR they have on the Bills. But that doesnt mean that they dont have young talent. I really liked Zay Jones coming out of school last season and he could possibly step up. Cole Beasley is Cole Beasley. 

Their defense is better and with Oliver, it could have gotten even better. They allowed less than 300 yards per game, while the Jets averaged about 90 more yards per game as well as giving up 5 more points per game. They were either arguably better or clearly better at every level of their defense....but Mosley is a big addition so the Jets may have tipped things sliiiiightly in their favor, but for the most part it's a wash given that the Jets and Bills overall are pretty even. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This is a different situation 

Actually it's the same exact situation.  

To the point that Dorsey was fired right after FA & the draft in KC.

The difference is we didn't get articles and the media going on and on about disfunctuon after KC fired their GM, one unlike Macc was highly regarded.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The difference is we didn't get articles and the media going on and on about disfunctuon after KC fired their GM, one unlike Macc was highly regarded.  

I’m talking about Gase as the difference. 

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

We'll see Mick...we'll see soon enough. Darnold is everything Gase wanted Tannyhill to be & way more. Tannyhill was rarely healthy, when he was Gase won games with him. I'll be here mid year for your personal apology about how wrong you were. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We'll see Mick...we'll see soon enough. Darnold is everything Gase wanted Tannyhill to be & way more. Tannyhill was rarely healthy, when he was Gase won games with him. I'll be here mid year for your personal apology about how wrong you were. 

Good luck with that

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is the only sticking point for me. If a guy who is good at finding talent in the draft and prioritizing correctly comes in, this team won’t take long to fill out better. 

Matter fact — it’d assumingely fill out just as Brady is retiring.(2-3 year gap)

With that said, what are your real feelings about Peyton Manning being the guy?  Serious question. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

They are already ahead of the Bills, our 21 year old rookie went into Buffalo in the cold weather & beat them last year and Miami is in total rebuild mode. Gregg Williams is going to aggressively go after the inaccurate Josh Allen & the lead footed Rosen. That's 4 wins.

I like to keep my glass half-full, but I fear yours runneth over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dorsey had a proven track record of winning and being good as a GM. Gase has a proven track record of losing and not being a GM.

It's the same. Definitely the same.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I see where you're going, and it's most definitely possible. Macc was so terrible that it's hard for someone to come in and remain that level of bad. So this firing overall is an upgrade, but an upgrade that will only produce dividends next year given that the next GM cant gut a team that just spent 200 million in free agency and picked their draft picks. There could be some depth things to consider changing though, so there's that. 

I wouldnt really say that they're "already" ahead of the Bills. The Bills did some nice things this offseason as well. Our All Pro returner Andre Roberts is now their All Pro returner. We got Quinnen Williams in the draft, they got Ed Oliver. As a passer the Jets clearly have the better QB of the two, but Allen does possess and "elite" dimension when it comes to mobility. He's a Tight End when he tucks and runs. They did try to help that offensive line by signing C Mitch Morse which was a solid signing. Our Center position is vacant and the only folks who speak favorably about our Center situation are Jets fans who are being incredible homers...and we're going into the season with that problem as we're currently situated. 

With that said, I think we do have the best pure talent on either side of the ball with RB Leveon Bell, while their RB McCoy is coming off of the worst statistical season of his career. I also think we have a better WR group than the Bills with Robby being the best WR of any of the wideouts. I could argue that Jamison Crowder is also better than any WR they have on the Bills. But that doesnt mean that they dont have young talent. I really liked Zay Jones coming out of school last season and he could possibly step up. Cole Beasley is Cole Beasley. 

Their defense is better and with Oliver, it could have gotten even better. They allowed less than 300 yards per game, while the Jets averaged about 90 more yards per game as well as giving up 5 more points per game. They were either arguably better or clearly better at every level of their defense....but Mosley is a big addition so the Jets may have tipped things sliiiiightly in their favor, but for the most part it's a wash given that the Jets and Bills overall are pretty even. 

They are not even because the additions the Jets made, QW & Mosely + Adams in the box means the Bills ARE NOT going to be able to run on this Jet team.

That means Josh Allen will have to come into Metlife, with an underwhelming group of WRs, and beat the Jets with accuracy from the pocket in numerous 3rd & long situations. That's not going to happen.

Josh Rosen will be dead meat, no way in hell that Gase won't know how to attack that Miami defense or give Gregg Williams the key to attacking their offense with the lead footed Rosen leading the way. 

Im telling you guys now, Jets sweep Bills & Fins. 4 wins. They'll need at least 5 wins in their other 12 to go 9-7, it's gonna happen, if the defense steals a couple 10-6. Giants, Redskins, Bengals, Raiders will be wins, that's 8, 3/4 so these are the games that will define the Jets 2019 season, Browns (Very tough game) Steelers (Does Le'veon get revenge & have a game for the ages?),  Pats twice (We have to be due to split finally right?), Eagles (Will Wentz be healthy?), Cowboys ( Can Dak win if the 3 Williams shut down Elliott?), Jaguars (Foles won't have that Eagles Oline in front of him), Ravens (Mosely should know how to frustrate Jackson). 

Not 1 truly Elite team on the schedule but the Pats who are always the toughest with the best QB & coaches. If they split with Pats, Jets will be in contention for the AFC East. 

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

With that said, what are your real feelings about Peyton Manning being the guy?  Serious question. 

I’m sorta indifferent on it but I think my biggest gripe with that is Peyton’s never been in a FO before and he has no experience scouting or even doing entry-scout level stuff. If I had my pick, it would be Joe Douglas 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I like to keep my glass half-full, but I fear yours runneth over. 

Jets win opener & last game will be for the playoffs @ Buffalo. Bills players will be packed up & ready to hit the Golf courses. 

Difference this time? Darnold instead of Fitzpatrick, Le'veon Bell instead of Stevan Ridley, Gase/Williams instead of Bowles/Rogers.

PLAYOFFS!

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Macc is gone. 

The sky isn't falling. 

I've thought about Jets having an outside chance to compete for the division this year.  Gase has been able to split the last 4 games with the Pats (2-2).  So it's possible to go 4-2 or 5-1.  Then go at least 6-4 on remainder of schedule. 

IMO the biggest factor is injuries to starters.  Especially QB-OL-CB-WR-TE...they need to avoid any long term injuries   And of course the play of Darnold.  And he's got improved weapons with Bell and Crowder.    

Q and Leo giving Jets strong pass rush up the middle can be very effective against Brady, forcing him to abandon the pocket and make throws on the move.  This would give the Jets a chance to split with the Pats.  Which is a must if Jets are to have that outside chance to win the AFCE.  Which is the surest way of making the playoffs.   If you don't win the division...10-6 isn't a guarantee you're in as a wild card.

2020 season and moving forward, I have a lot more confidence Jets can have a decent shot to take the AFCE.  Gase and a new GM that he has confidence he can work with, is very important  to bring in the necessary pieces in FA-draft, to strengthen the roster.  Providing Darnold with the tools he needs to succeed winning the division...advancing Jets in the playoffs, and eventually to the Lombardi Trophy.

For sure...I'm excited about this season...can't wait!

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wonder how many Browns fans, as well as Jets fans said the same things about Dorsey taking over as GM of the Browns?

Now theyre everyones cool pick to surprise.

Browns fans? About zero. They're even worse than Jets fans as far as celebrating HR moves in the absence of wins. And the situations really aren't comparable at all. Dorsey wasn't fired by Kansas City after the draft and free agency for incompetence.  And while It wasn't the mutual parting they claimed at the time, it didn't come as a surprise either. The might as well let him finish out the scouting year explanation is a whole lot more plausible when it's two smart guys who go back 30 years working with Holmgren and had been generally successful working together as opposed to the Jets' situation which is the exact opposite in every relevant respect. So yeah, Browns fans were happy. Chiefs fans are probably happier. They root for a team that's good enough to figure out that two guys in charge doesn't work even when both of them are competent, and figuring it out despite having ample reason to have decided not to fix what wasn't broke. So they fired a GM who was good before and has been good since and replaced him with an assistant for Andy Reid and managed to do it without setting anything on fire. They got even better and now the Browns are good too, but the hiring itself was probably mostly good luck considering Haslam's propensity for getting taken by con artists.

47 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets win opener & last game will be for the playoffs @ Buffalo. Bills players will be packed up & ready to hit the Golf courses. 

Difference this time? Darnold instead of Fitzpatrick, Le'veon Bell instead of Stevan Ridley, Gase/Williams instead of Bowles/Rogers.

PLAYOFFS!

I remember back when the Bills were playing the Steelers at home. The Bills win, they're in the playoffs. Steelers had already clinched and were starting basically all 2nd stringers. Results.... Steelers CRUSHED the Bills like a sow bug something like 42-20 and the Bills streak of no playoffs  continued.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I remember back when the Bills were playing the Steelers at home. The Bills win, they're in the playoffs. Steelers had already clinched and were starting basically all 2nd stringers. Results.... Steelers CRUSHED the Bills something like 42-20 and the Bills streak of no playoffs  continued.

Lol. Last years Bills team was enamored with their 6'-5" TE playing QB & leaping over tall buildings with a single bound. This year they get tired of him overthrowing WRs by 5 yards now that the league has a bead on him. Just roll out those 2 Patriots tapes. Belichick does what Belichick does best, kept him the pocket, went man outside to make sure he had to make tight throws & made him look like Browning Nagle & not Superman. 

They are not even because the additions the Jets made, QW & Mosely + Adams in the box means the Bills ARE NOT going to be able to run on this Jet team.

That means Josh Allen will have to come into Metlife, with an underwhelming group of WRs, and beat the Jets with accuracy from the pocket in numerous 3rd & long situations. That's not going to happen.

Josh Rosen will be dead meat, no way in hell that Gase won't know how to attack that Miami defense or give Gregg Williams the key to attacking their offense with the lead footed Rosen leading the way. 

Im telling you guys now, Jets sweep Bills & Fins. 4 wins. They'll need at least 5 wins in their other 12 to go 9-7, it's gonna happen, if the defense steals a couple 10-6. Giants, Redskins, Bengals, Raiders will be wins, that's 8, 3/4 so these are the games that will define the Jets 2019 season, Browns (Very tough game) Steelers (Does Le'veon get revenge & have a game for the ages?),  Pats twice (We have to be due to split finally right?), Eagles (Will Wentz be healthy?), Cowboys ( Can Dak win if the 3 Williams shut down Elliott?), Jaguars (Foles won't have that Eagles Oline in front of him), Ravens (Mosely should know how to frustrate Jackson). 

Not 1 truly Elite team on the schedule but the Pats who are always the toughest with the best QB & coaches. If they split with Pats, Jets will be in contention for the AFC East. 

You dont just run into the strength of your opponent. You gameplan for a reason. If the Bills spread out the Jets defense then that'll be a problem for this already thin secondary and could compromise Mosley as he's not one of the best coverage LBer's. You game plan to exploit weaknesses. The Jets will have to do the same. It will be a mistake to just assume that we got them in the bag. 

I'm pro Gase. Which teams did ''Gase'' beat with Tannhill?