Gase Press Conference Tweets

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

God listening to this is just brutal. Brutal because the media are just hounds in trying to pull something negative out of him and run with it. 

DID YOU OVERPAY....right but...DID YOU OVERPAY. CAN YOU TOUCH ON THAT. 

I agree 100%.  My wife says that to me after each Jets game too.  She doesn't understand why I watch the press conferences:  "Why do they keep asking him the SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!  HE ALREADY ANSWERED IT!"  

she has a point....

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just another reminder our beat reporters are trash

They're trash because they held the pom poms for Bowles/Mccagnan for 4 years and now all of a sudden are asking real questions. Today's press conference was actually good with actual takeaways.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

God listening to this is just brutal. Brutal because the media are just hounds in trying to pull something negative out of him and run with it. 

Well, first of all, welcome to NY. LOL. 

But also, I tend to believe when there's smoke there's fire. I would not be at all surprised if GAse is standing up there straight up lying through his teeth about the draft (how he didn't feel alienated), Bell's contract (how he doesn't think Bell is overpaid), the new GM (how he doesn't have to have a previous relationship with the new GM- that may be true, but I'm sure he's pushing for one who he knows personally), the Macc firing (how he didn't have an issue with communicating with Macc)...etc.

He is clearly stonewalling the media. And look, that's fine. It's probably for the best. He just wants to move on without more stories coming out about him. However, this notion that he is being honest and 'setting things straight' and everything that was reported is untrue is very much far fetched to me. 

He's pretty much up there saying 'everything is fine, nothing to see here' and when asked about this report and that report- 'nope that's all fake news'. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Sounds more like youre making the same mistake the press has been making.

He was hesitant on spendind huge money on a RB.  Hes not hesitant, he likes Bell, thinks hes a great player.  No hesitation.

And they wound up not overpaying for Bell.  Bet the disagreement was based on what they and others thought the would have to spend on him

I listened to the entire thing. If you cant differentiate his tone regarding Mosely vs Bell then that's on you.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase effectively fired the previous GM, is picking a submissive twink to replace him, he hates the Bell signing, and despite all that he made it through a presser without making news on any of those fronts. That’s smart. 

Wow, might be the first time we agree on something. 

Now, if the Jets win 10-12 games this year and make the playoffs, does Macc get any credit? ?

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

C'mon man. These are the EXACT questions we've been asking ourselves. If the reporters didn't ask them, we'd be killing them for being lazy bitches sitting on couches eating Cheetos.

Like it or not, the Macc firing was a big local news story, and the GM search, Bell's contract situation, and organizational hierarchy going forward are subjects Gase should address. He's the HC and now interim GM here, and his tenure so far hasn't been uneventful. If you prefer him not having to explain anything that's gone on the last few weeks, I don't know what to tell you.

That said, I'll give Gase credit for as he said "taking the bullets." A day like today, and these type of pressers will go a long way in determining what type of relationship he has with the media going forward.

It's not the questions that I mind that are being asked. It's the back and forth of asking and pushing to get the answer they want. And then asking it again just in a different way to try again.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He was hesitant on spendind huge money on a RB.  Hes not hesitant, he likes Bell, thinks hes a great player.  No hesitation.

And they wound up not overpaying for Bell.  Bet the disagreement was based on what they and others thought the would have to spend on him

He likes Bell as a player but hates that he’s locked into Bell for the next two years with no path to dump him if he turns out to be a malcontent. You want the leverage to dump guys who are combustible and old. If Bell sets fire to the locker room, the Jets still have to give him $15.5 mil in cash next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

The press was especially douchey in this one.  But at least it gave him a chance to address all the stuff that he says is BS.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well, first of all, welcome to NY. LOL. 

But also, I tend to believe when there's smoke there's fire. I would not be at all surprised if GAse is standing up there straight up lying through his teeth about the draft (how he didn't feel alienated), Bell's contract (how he doesn't think Bell is overpaid), the new GM (how he doesn't have to have a previous relationship with the new GM- that may be true, but I'm sure he's pushing for one who he knows personally), the Macc firing (how he didn't have an issue with communicating with Macc)...etc.

He is clearly stonewalling the media. And look, that's fine. It's probably for the best. H.e just wants to move on without more stories coming out about him. However, this notion that he is being honest and 'setting things straight' and everything that was reported is untrue is very much far fetched to me. 

He's pretty much up there saying 'everything is fine, nothing to see here' and when asked about this report and that report- 'nope that's all fake news'. 

I'd be surprised if he weren't

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

well said.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He likes Bell as a player but hates that he’s locked into Bell for the next two years with no path to dump him if he turns out to be a malcontent. You want the leverage to dump guys who are combustible and old. If Bell sets fire to the locker room, the Jets still have to give him $15.5 mil in cash next year.

Im thinking the disagreement was before he was signed.  I think they thought, the press thought, we thought that Bell was going to get a huge contract.  We all thought he was going to be at the top of the RB pay scale.  Didnt work out that way, the bidding wasnt there and really for what he brings to the table the contract isnt huge.  And as you say they arent into him for a lengthy period of time

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Bell sets fire to the locker room, the Jets still have to give him $15.5 mil in cash next year.

In fairness we can say this about any FA whos brought in, owed some number.  No one is totally sure how a player will integrate into a lockerroom

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Wow, might be the first time we agree on something. 

Now, if the Jets win 10-12 games this year and make the playoffs, does Macc get any credit? ?

Maccagnan can have all credit for all care if they win. I'll take the long awaited good season over credit any day.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, KRL said:

It would've been nice to hear about the development of Darnold and the draft picks instead
of this nonsense

I agree but Gase can not control the questions being thrown at him. 

He seriously owned the press conference today and I tip my hat to him. That was phenomenal!!! 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

No, anyone could have paid the most money for FA's and drafted the consensus BPA without considering the needs of the team - Mac deserved to be fired 

NIce to hear Gase handled the media - ready to move on

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I listened to the entire thing. If you cant differentiate his tone regarding Mosely vs Bell then that's on you.

No its totally on you given what he actually said. He was clear, called him a great player. 

The fact that you don't believe him and are editorializing and basing it on what you perceive a different tone towards each over what he actually  said is all you.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Social media is the devil!

The benefit of having social media is that we are no longer reliant on manish for Jets information. 

Edit to point you to the post above mine where we get to see Darnold, in action, via the Jets social media account. Don't need Manish to tell me how Darnold looks