With Mike Macc gone?

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Are the Jets now a team who would look into signing/drafting a bad character guy with a history of domestic abuse like Joe Mixon?

I think it's better to just leave those guys alone.  let someone else deal with having to cut guys your team depends on when they snap out again. 

• Upvote 3

The Eagles mostly had high character guys AND won a Super Bowl. 

Yes, the Ravens had Ray Lewis and Ray Rice while Douglas was there, but they also fielded really good teams with tough but high character guys like Ngata and Anquan Boldin. 

Ideally you field a team with about 1-2 sociopaths on defense and that's it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Are the Jets now a team who would look into signing/drafting a bad character guy with a history of domestic abuse like Joe Mixon?

Based on Douglas saying he wants guys football-minded players who don’t beat themselves, probably not, but I digress... How would anyone here know, until it happens?

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My feel is we are LESS likely from the impression I got yesterday. Do you really want these guys representing your team? 

Mixon got a bad rap.  Mac would not have drafted him.  To me, he was worth drafting.

Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill-you leave guys like that alone.  They are bad to the core.  Anyone who beats the women and children they live with is truly the worst news.

To me, Mixon was different.  But I think Mixon was off most boards, which is how the Bengals ended up with him.   Not a surprise to me that he has not had any other problems.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Mixon got a bad rap.  Mac would not have drafted him.  To me, he was worth drafting.

Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill-you leave guys like that alone.  They are bad to the core.  Anyone who beats the women and children they live with is truly the worst news.

To me, Mixon was different.  But I think Mixon was off most boards, which is how the Bengals ended up with him.   Not a surprise to me that he has not had any other problems.  

Didn't Mixon punch a girl in the face?

31 minutes ago, varjet said:

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Based on Douglas saying he wants guys football-minded players who don’t beat themselves, probably not, but I digress... How would anyone here know, until it happens?

I know, I specifically used Mixon because his incident while disgusting happened when he was an 18 year old kid before the college of OU had a chance to make a proper man out of him (which is what these colleges No. 1 priority for these kids should be), most know the rest of his story, and I haven’t heard a peep about the kid non football related since is all, and considering he was off a lot of teams boards, and still went mid 2nd round just shows you how much talent the kid has.