MetLife Atmosphere

We have a new look (uniforms).  New coaches.  New front office.  New playmakers (Sam, Bell).  And I think it's safe to say we actually have a sense of optimism for the first time in a long time.

Will all of this translate into a new atmosphere at our stadium?

I understand we have to win, etc etc etc. and the atmosphere will come.

I'd love to see the NY Jet crazies come out and have something to cheer for.  We could be a living hell for opposing teams when we're legit and I'd love to get nutty again instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop...

That would be the final piece...

• Upvote 4

My instincts are that we won't see a real change in the stadium atmosphere until there are more tangible results on the field.

This year in particular with a murderer's row of traveling/national fanbases -- Steelers, Cowboys, and Giants. Those games could all approach 35% opposing fans.

But yeah, there no secret people are more willing to pay to see a good product. The better the team is the better the atmosphere is.

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

We have a new look (uniforms).  New coaches.  New front office.  New playmakers (Sam, Bell).  And I think it's safe to say we actually have a sense of optimism for the first time in a long time.

I'd love to see the NY Jet crazies come out and have something to cheer for.  We could be a living hell for opposing teams when we're legit and I'd love to get nutty again instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So there is an effort underway by the team to help this cause. Heard about it this week, but the team is going out of their way to try and stop groups from coming in. There is nothing they can do on a seat by seat basis. But I was glad to hear they are stopping large groups.

Thats great news!  Ticket brokers buy the seats in groups for this purposes. I miss the days of the stadium being 95% full of diehard NY Jets fans. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

The atmosphere will be improved but still not as good as the old stadium....just can't compete with the acoustics of the old stadium.  It was shaped like a bowl with the fans right on top of the players, and the upper deck still was decently close to the field.  Not the case in the new stadium.

Additionally having high end club seats mid field at field level instead of second tier like most stadiums kills the atmosphere. Leaves the section closest to the field half empty and dead quiet as all the bouggies sit inside the club.

• Upvote 2

Please stop. You guys are using revisionists history.

Full of die hard fans? You mean almost empty and wearing paper bags over their faces??

The Texans game when Sanchez hit Holmes for a late TD... That atmosphere was insane! The butt fumble game... Yeah it sucked but that place was jamming and loud as can be in a fight for the division. If they won that game it goes down as a great night in history and the stadium was rocking.

It's all about winning. Stop kidding yourselves and blaming the seats.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Yeah the old place just screams NY JETS football... Please stop. The old stadium was a worn out POS that looked like the JETS slapped a banner on and were a JV team. The new stadium is bland... Who cares... It is as loud as the JETS are winning.

NY-Jets-40-11x14-StadiumArtCom-2048px_Store__91083.1528950767.jpg

• Upvote 1

Non-season-ticket holder‘s watching games on TV should get off the couch once or twice a season and buy up the 3,000 available tickets on Stubhub that PSL owners have graciously put up for sale for you to buy.

That’s what keeps enemy fans out.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Non-season-ticket holder‘s watching games on TV should get off the couch once or twice a season and buy up the 3,000 available tickets on Stubhub that PSL owners have graciously put up for sale for you to buy.

That’s what keeps enemy fans out.

SAR I

They would rather complain that it isn't green enough. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

Yeah the old place just screams NY JETS football... Please stop. The old stadium was a worn out POS that looked like the JETS slapped a banner on and were a JV team. 

sheags.jpg

They romanticize the past instead of remembering how awful it was. A baseball diamond, a Montreal Expos banner, and a red/blue themed building called “Giants” were atrocious places that we didn’t own or feel at home in. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Winning might help, but that stadium is horrendous. Not only does it have no personality, but at least design it to hold in noise somewhat. There's no home field advantage there and there never will be.

Sam. Darnold.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Everyone loved the stadium on opening day 2011, remember? The Jets were AFC elite and we had found our franchise quarterback, and we had our bombastic HC, and everyone was so happy. The place was filled with green and white Jets fans cheering their little hearts out, nary a single enemy fan in the place.

And exactly a year later, the entire upper deck emptied out because they had no PSL’s, no commitment, no loyalty, and didn’t want to be there for the hard times.

Well, hard times are over. And they aren’t welcome.  Those of us who didn’t quit on the team are getting our reward. They are getting our table scraps on Stubhub.  Justice.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

13 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Please stop. You guys are using revisionists history.

Full of die hard fans? You mean almost empty and wearing paper bags over their faces??

The Texans game when Sanchez hit Holmes for a late TD... That atmosphere was insane! The butt fumble game... Yeah it sucked but that place was jamming and loud as can be in a fight for the division. If they won that game it goes down as a great night in history and the stadium was rocking.

It's all about winning. Stop kidding yourselves and blaming the seats.

Truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

The Final piece would be a brand new Football stadium on Long Island - heck put it in Suffolk County. Jets are a Long Island team! Thats where their fan base lives and that's where they belong. Wont happen in my lifetime but I can always dream.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Additionally having high end club seats mid field at field level instead of second tier like most stadiums kills the atmosphere. Leaves the section closest to the field half empty and dead quiet as all the bouggies sit inside the club.

You just described Gillette Stadium to a tee. 

How the Pats doing?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

The Final piece would be a brand new Football stadium on Long Island - heck put it in Suffolk County. Jets are a Long Island team! Thats where their fan base lives and that's where they belong. Wont happen in my lifetime but I can always dream.

That’s where their fanbase was

The Shea Stadium season ticket holders who were 45 in 1983 are 81 years old now.   Think about that.

The Jets are a New Jersey team now.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Jets have 3 consecutive early-season home games for the first time since forever.

Jets beat Denver and Indianapolis handily in the first two weeks. 

Sam Darnold looks great and getting rave reviews for his performances league-wide.

The Minnesota Vikings come to town, Kirk Cousins who spit in our faces is here, they’re giving away limited edition bobbleheads for the kids, and it’s sunny. 

After back to back home games, some season ticket holders can’t do it a third time and put their tickets up on Stubhub discounted an average of 40% off of face value.  Good seats are as low as $49 and many as low as $29.

And the place is filled with Vikings fans.  And the cheapskate Jets fans sitting on their couches blame those of us who show up when they should be blaming themselves.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sheags.jpg

They romanticize the past instead of remembering how awful it was. A baseball diamond, a Montreal Expos banner, and a red/blue themed building called “Giants” were atrocious places that we didn’t own or feel at home in. 

SAR I

These grumpy fans would rather have a baseball field or a red and blue stadium than this?

Oh and before you say "west side stadium" keep your pipe dreams away.

8072670714_9159951f7f_b.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You just described Gillette Stadium to a tee. 

How the Pats doing?

SAR I

Did I say the stadium was the reason for the on field performance? No, I did not.

In fact I am sure the opposite is true. If they are winning more of those club seat holders would be in their seats instead of the club, and more demand for tickets by local fans would keep out opponent fans.

As for Gillette, have never been and have no intention of going. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 20andOut said:

Us, in the club seats, look around the stadium and don’t understand what all the raucous is about. The match would be much more enjoyable if everyone were to just sit back and take in the scenery.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Last year’s gf bought us tickets to a Jets game and I had to feign excitement over this tone-deaf development while at the same time dying on the inside because I knew she paid retail instead of the $8 per you can find them for on StubHub. Anyway, we get to the game and we’re sitting four rows back on the visitor’s sideline and it’s cold and we’re in one of the 250 TV timeouts where the players just mill about on the field and chitchat with each other about golf or strippers or whatever, and then they squeeze in a few plays before a challenge flag flies and there’s another stoppage. At the eight minute mark of the second quarter, the gf asks me where “all the people went,” referring to the club seats on the other side of the field and I had to explain to her that those seats weren’t occupied by actual fans, but were instead owned by Citibank and the like, and those fine folks only show up to the stadium to entertain lower-tier clients for an hour and then flee for the exits once their sales pitches were over. At halftime, I figured I should show her the stadium, so we walked through the concourse and had to do that weird sh*t where you kept having to take escalators down and up for some reason. She said it was “very gray.” We found beer and ate very cold, wet pretzels until the second half started and the stadium had mostly cleared out except for opposing fans who were incredulous that the lower bowl was so quiet you could actually hear the click-click-click of people texting each other. When the game mercifully ended, we all marched to the parking lot with those opposing fans trying to talk sh*t to people in Santonio Holmes jerseys who just kinda shrugged as if to say, “yes, I’m aware we suck.” And then there was the traffic and the tolls and trying to get the stale pretzel taste out of our mouths. 

So who won the game. 

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So who won the game. 

Chargers. Jets got hosed on a bad OPI call on Robby and Hunter Henry caught a parabolic floater from Rivers down the seam late against a flailing Jamal Adams to set up the Chargers at the one for the winning TD. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Chargers. Jets got hosed on a bad OPI call on Robby and Hunter Henry caught a parabolic floater from Rivers down the seam late against a flailing Jamal Adams to set up the Chargers at the one for the winning TD. 

That was two seasons ago. I was there. Took a German au pair and it was frigid and I paid 5 bucks each for seats in the first few rows of Mezz A. I remember it because that’s when I realized there was no reason to think that Petty could become an NFL player.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That was two seasons ago. I was there. Took a German au pair and it was frigid and I paid 5 bucks each for seats in the first few rows of Mezz A. I remember it because that’s when I realized there was no reason to think that Petty could become an NFL player.

That’s right. Two years ago. What happened to the au pair? 

• Sympathy 1