Would Jet fans be as insufferable as Pats fans?

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Just imagine if our Jets had owned the AFC East since 2001. It's such an outrageously ridiculous run, something that's never been done before, especially in the age of free agency. And they've done it in the NFL. I can't even imagine rooting for a team that each Sunday whether going to Gillette or watching from home your pretty much GUARANTEED to win. I haven't looked at their regular season record at home over the last 18 years but I'm sure it's crazy. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Jet fans would be peacocking with boatloads of newbies donning Jet gear everywhere. If you look at the history of the AFC East, our Jets are the only team to never dominate the division. Miami has and the Bills have in the Jim Kelly era. Could this be our decade coming up? We're due right? Lol. Jet fans are a different breed, it's not easy being green. 

We're heading into unchartered territory for this organization. We haven't had a potential franchise QB since Namath. We haven't had an offensive Head Coach for years. We haven't had a properly structured front office in forever or had guys in place that have had success & come from teams who have won in this league. Sometimes I wonder what it is that keeps us hanging on as fans, I have to admit the 2014 team almost had me heading for the exits. Without Namath there is no way I would have been sucked into the Jets, I'm sure others got sucked in by a father or mother, brother or sister, or after the few successful years of The Sack Exchange & the arrival of Bill Parcells. 

Its wild to think that the impetus for change came from Woody heading to Ireland & his brother Chris taking the reins of the team. I think we all hoped that Chris might see what is wrong with the way the team is run, but when he resigned Bowles I was just beside myself thinking it's going to be more of the same. Then we had the firing of Macc after the draft, the Jets again were the laughing stock of the media & opposing fans. And then, just like that everything finally fell into place for us with Douglas signing on, him bringing in Savage & bringing back Hogan. The Jets now have genuine experienced football men in charge. 

We now at least have a chance. We had no chance with Woody, Macc, Bowles or even Gase without a support structure above him. Maybe Chris Johnson is just a silver spooned guy with no business experience, but like I've always said about the NFL, this isn't rocket science. You look to succesful organizations & you emulate some of what they do and bring in the RIGHT people. All of us as fans will owe a debt of gratitude to Chris Johnson if these moves get us to the promised land of Super Bowl. 

And yes, we'll be some insufferable sons of bitches, but it would come as well earned. 

I read none of this.

All I have to say is I hope we get to find out!

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

So we can count you as SOJF thank you for your input & an incredible 88th post. I'm sure we'll all miss you when you retreat back to where you came from telling fish stories.

Actually, twaffle, I follow the team regardless of whether they are good or bad. I also try to be objective about what is happening with the team. I come here and other sites to find information on players and happenings with the team that is of interest. 

You're right, I'm not going to contribute much because often my opinion on a subject has been stated by another poster and my ego isn't so large I feel the need to echo what others have said ad nauseam. 

SOJF lol. You ask a question if jets fans would be insufferable,  I give you an example of a lot of jet fans being insufferable and you bash me for it. In fact, my response to your question had nothing to do with my support or non support of the team. 

1 hour ago, naturalscience said:

Actually, twaffle, I follow the team regardless of whether they are good or bad. I also try to be objective about what is happening with the team. I come here and other sites to find information on players and happenings with the team that is of interest. 

You're right, I'm not going to contribute much because often my opinion on a subject has been stated by another poster and my ego isn't so large I feel the need to echo what others have said ad nauseam. 

SOJF lol. You ask a question if jets fans would be insufferable,  I give you an example of a lot of jet fans being insufferable and you bash me for it. In fact, my response to your question had nothing to do with my support or non support of the team. 

Twaffle? Your putting way too much thought into contributing. We all thank the good lord you have only posted 89 times now, best to keep your thoughts to yourself. 

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Twaffle? Your putting way too much thought into contributing. We all thank the good lord you have only posted 89 times now, best to keep your thoughts to yourself. 

How about this buddy.

Maccagnan sucks. Woody sucks. Bowles sucks.

Thank goodness we have an offensive minded coach.

Joe Douglas is so connected. Thank goodness we have a real GM with real league connections.

Sam is just the bestest of the best. He had receivers to his house to play catch, you know. He's really dedicated. 

We really need a center and oline. I'm really worried about that. Cornerback too. We better draft them in the first round next year.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t watch my Jets for the benefit of others. 

I watch them for ME, my entertainment. 

Don't really care about other fan bases or pushing it in their faces. Does nothing for my enjoyment. I certainly wouldn’t visit PatsFan.com to gloat. 

That'd be stupid. 

• Upvote 2

You're already insufferable now :)

I lived in southern  California  my whole life. It was like...so when's the Lakers victory parade this year? Yawnnnn.

Pats fans will be insufferable for 10 years, 20 years after Bradys gone. 

Oh yeah? Well how many championships do you have!? Oh, just one? Well good for you...lol 

The Giants say hello......

3 hours ago, naturalscience said:

How about this buddy.

Joe Douglas is so connected. Thank goodness we have a real GM with real league connections.

Sam is just the bestest of the best. He had receivers to his house to play catch, you know. He's really dedicated. 

We really need a center and oline. I'm really worried about that. Cornerback too. We better draft them in the first round next year.

LMAO

well you’re certainly a fast learner!

If I had to guess I’d say they’re saving you a seat at the popular kids lunch table after this post...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, naturalscience said:

How about this buddy.

That’s actually funny.  BTW.... natural science?  RUSH fan?

NY fans are pretty solid unlike NE fans. 

However, I can only speak for myself. There’s a 100% chance I’ll be the biggest dick in the world if the Jets owned the AFC East for the next 2 decades. I’d be the one going to watch Pats vs Dolphins just to talk trash. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I had wine with Geddy and Alex in 2012.  True.    Long story.  

Well, that's pretty damn cool.

I understand they are not everyone's cup of tea but not counting them as anything other than one of the top bands of all time is criminal. 

Last time I saw them was Saratoga springs. Great show. Even the wife, who doesn't really like them, was like holy sh1t.

8 hours ago, naturalscience said:

You get points for the use of "twaffle"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, naturalscience said:

Well, that's pretty damn cool.

I understand they are not everyone's cup of tea but not counting them as anything other than one of the top bands of all time is criminal. 

Last time I saw them was Saratoga springs. Great show. Even the wife, who doesn't really like them, was like holy sh1t.

Saw them at least 10 times.   Client of mine is a golf pro who gave Alex lessons and got VIP passes in 2012 and I literally said.. "You give me one of the passes, and I'll do your tax work for free for the rest of your life."  I'm still doing it and have no regrets.  Got to the arena about 2pm, watched them build the stage. Interestingly, Neil, as we know, never came out, does NOT participate in any of that.   Alex and Geddy came out to a room with wine, beer and food to mingle with a few special invitees.   After that they do a meet and greet where there are probably another 25 people who meet them for photo's.  We were given a full tour of the entire stage , set up etc. Was a great experience. That's me in front of Neils set about 4pm before the sound check. @FloridaJetsFan

SDC12095.JPG

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

tenor.gifgiphy.gif

One of my favorite Jet fan Gifs. Now just imagine an 18 year dynasty & 85,000 of these guys in your face every game at MetLife & thousands of them at road games, ?.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1