Jump to content

Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Along with Blewitt we are bringing in Joe Shankalot, Tony Mistit and Vince Wyderight

Blair Walsh is a really good kicker, big leg, but can't make a kick in a big spot with game on the line.  Couldn't do it at Georgia (missed two potential game winners in OT in Bowl Game).  Couldn't do

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hahahahaha.  Whats john hall up to these days?

Funny, I was just thinking of John Hall this morning. His lifetime FG % was only 74.6%. I think he's in his mid 40's now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

We drafted a kicker in nugent many years ago. I think he is still playing. We should have just kept him all of these years, and not have to try out a new guy each year. 

Mike Nugent is a 37 year old NFL free agent kicker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, roscoeword said:

We drafted a kicker in nugent many years ago. I think he is still playing. We should have just kept him all of these years, and not have to try out a new guy each year. 

Nuge was a bust who got injured so we signed another kicker (Feely) who was better

 

Years later we were able to sign Nuge off the scrap heap.  He’s again on the scrap heap available I don’t know if he’s interested 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, NYJ1 said:

Imagine that? Catanzaro can't hit the ocean and the Jets decide they'd better get someone in here. Weird how that works.

The weirdest part?  We had a Pro Bowl Kicker and a ton of cap space and decided to let someone else have him.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

The weirdest part?  We had a Pro Bowl Kicker and a ton of cap space and decided to let someone else have him.  

Mac’s legacy:

 

Crap secondary despite multiple high draft picks and big contracts + no kicker

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Nuge was a bust who got injured so we signed another kicker (Feely) who was better

 

Years later we were able to sign Nuge off the scrap heap.  He’s again on the scrap heap available I don’t know if he’s interested

Nugent did OK for us his first couple of years, not 2nd round draft choice good, but not bad.  When he got hurt and Feely performed well he got let go.  Nugent then bombed with Tampa Bay and Arizona, then settled in for a long  seven year run with Cincy.

He's been knocking around for the last two years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a roster this year.  Hell, maybe ours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the jets offense is going to be scoring td's so they don't need a fg kicker.

A missed extra point can, and has, make the difference in a game.  

Sure, going for 2 is an option.  But coaches don't like doing that very often, even if their offense is good and the kicker sucks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:47 PM, kelticwizard said:

Nugent did OK for us his first couple of years, not 2nd round draft choice good, but not bad.  When he got hurt and Feely performed well he got let go.  Nugent then bombed with Tampa Bay and Arizona, then settled in for a long  seven year run with Cincy.

He's been knocking around for the last two years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a roster this year.  Hell, maybe ours.

He was on the patriots last season until he hurt his vagina

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...