Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

Blair Walsh was not the name I was hoping to see.  The guy folds under pressure.  

When you google his name it autofills to “Blair Walsh miss”. 

His miss in the playoffs for the Vikes against the Seahawks was a 27 yd chip shot for the win with 22 seconds left.  That just can’t happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Blair walsh is awful.

Walsh was a mixture of amazing and horrible FG kicking for the Vikings & Seattle:

2012: 92%;   2013: 87%;   2014: 74%;   2015: 87%;   2016: 75%;   2017 (Seattle): 72%  2018 out-of-league

No.  Absolutely no

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What about parkey?  He was the best kicker in the league until he hit the upright a few times last year.  

Id bring him in and see where his heads at.  Could of been a fluke thing.

Look there a bunch of guys available.  Do any have spotless resumes?  No but all are better than Catanzero

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Chris Blewitt, who was cut by Bears earlier this summer, is the only ohter name mentioned in the article.  Can you imagine a kicker with a worse name?  Blewitt, lol.

I'm seeing the headlines now.

14 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I can see not wanting to pay 5 mill for a kicker, but Macc had 100 mill to play with.

Special teams was our best unit, and Macc let Myers and Roberts go.

I think his failure to replace them makes it sting sure, but the decision to not way over pay those positions was sound.

It was very unlike Macc, I'm sure because he thought he was going to way over pay other places, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have just got a quality guys in. 

Good news is I have no doubt Doug will get us a kicker and looks like we already have a Pint returner.

Things are ok

• Upvote 1