Robbie Anderson: Looks like he's becoming a good route runner.

Robbie has other threads so, it could have been tacked on...

if you watched him v GB last year you saw deep comebacks et cet...

if the OC just keeps calling plays where he just runs flys, that aint on him...  #1??

not really, i'd say ...he just doesntg have the BODY for that...  for me a true #1 is Julio Jones/Megattron beast

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Robbie has other threads so, it could have been tacked on...

if you watched him v GB last year you saw deep comebacks et cet...

if the OC just keeps calling plays where he just runs flys, that aint on him...  #1??

not really, i'd say ...he just doesntg have the BODY for that...  for me a true #1 is Julio Jones/Megattron beast

Antonio Brown is 5'10 186 lbs

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

I don't know if he could a #1 reciever. Discuss

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

Any improvement in route running is a positive.  It will never be his strength but he needs to have more than just Go and Post routes.  Last year he started to run more Outs.  He needs a few more tricks up his sleeve in terms of deceptive route-running and he could start to get some mentions in low-end WR1 conversations.  We'll see...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, genot said:

If we don't have a so called true #1 WR, but the guy we have can't be covered by most corners, and not by anybody on deep routes, maybe that qualifies as a #1 caliber receiver.

good point, i admit to having that massive beast type in mind...

Robbie is a poor man's Randy Moss. That's No. 1 type.

But he's not had a pro-style offense to support him:

• Crappy OL and no TE (it's gotten better the last two years)
  • Horrible offensive mindset and pedestrian playcalling

So, he is a great talent but has some shortcomings:

• More fast than quick
  • long target for defenders
  • can be outmuscled

He's a great complementary piece, but you really need someone with stones to catch contested balls in the clutch, you know, like Al Toon or Wayne Chrebet, someone that knows how to get it and to hold onto it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

• More fast than quick
  • can be outmuscled

He's a great complementary piece, but you really need someone with stones to catch contested balls in the clutch, you know, like Al Toon or Wayne Chrebet, someone that knows how to get it and to hold onto it.

Robby catches contested balls when given the chance though. lol Those are some of his best plays imo. It is not his fault most defenders are left in his dust so you don't see him catch those balls as much. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, phill1c said:

• More fast than quick
  • can be outmuscled

Al Toon had to retire because concussions and someone was just crying here about Wayne Chrebets speech.

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Robby is much better than most of you are giving him credit for. 

IMO, he can absolutely be a legitimate #1.  He has all of the skills to be one - just needs a coach willing to let him.  So far, it seems Gase is willing.

Couldn't agree more.  In fact we should all be concerned that Robby is gonna command $13-14  million per season after this year.

He was a good route runner last year, our OC just couldn't figure out how to use him.  If teams have to defend him on comebacks, back shoulder and screens - its going to be a nightmare to also cover him deep.

80-1100-8 tds from him this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

• More fast than quick
  • can be outmuscled

You gonna make anymore overtly racist comments to get me in trouble with the mods?

1 hour ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Just watched a replay of yesterday's game. He looked really good with Sam throwing him the ball right on the money. Maybe Sam is elevating Robbies game

That’s how it’s supposed to work

25 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Sidenote: I really hope Ward stays on board and helps our WRs.....he’s here on an internship right now 

They said last night that Ward was hired by the Jets as an offensive quality control coach this year.....so your wish has been granted.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

Al Toon had to retire because concussions and someone was just crying here about Wayne Chrebets speech.

I'm not saying being clutch doesn't come at a price...the price was very high for these two Jets.

I like Robbie Anderson. Do I think he's a guy you can count on to be a No. 1? No, I don't. I don't think he's durable enough or shifty enough. He's shown himself to be a great deep route runner and he catches the deep ball as well as anyone. But I don't see him owning the intermediate and short routes as much. And his frame is probably why: too skinny and tall vs. Toon, who was tall with a bigger frame or vs. Wayne Chrebet, short and shifty, like a Wes Welker.

I think the “1 receiver” concept is the most overrated concept in all of sports. Everyone judges and says this guys not a true #1, but no one lists the qualities of a true number one....QBs spread
the ball around more in today’s game. If our receivers can move the chains and hold on to the ball that’s all I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

On 8/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, Yucatan Jetfan said:

I don't know if he could a #1 reciever. Discuss

I never like Anderson.  Called him Anderlols.  I don't believe he is a legit #1 NFL WR.  I think his skill set is too limited, too niche, to truly fill the #1 role.  I also think he's shown himself to be an immature doofus who does doofus things off the field.

I hope he proves me wrong.  He has a hell of an opportunity this year.  I hope he makes the most out of it, makes me look foolish, and proves he is a #1 WR.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tfine said:

I think the “1 receiver” concept is the most overrated concept in all of sports. Everyone judges and says this guys not a true #1, but no one lists the qualities of a true number one....QBs spread
the ball around more in today’s game. If our receivers can move the chains and hold on to the ball that’s all I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

how may catches did welker get uner brady and manning? yet...  they needed other contributors.

hes not gonna catch 100+

but can he do serious damage? i say yes. again..i admitted to my own pigeon holing that  #1 needsa be, megatron, julio jones type. 

Pats came back by throwing it to the RB over n over.

Gase/Darnold...  find a matchup and exploit it, then pepper in the others. we got one ogf the top 3 RBs in NFL

as well this year. let there be mayhem. i'd rather lose tryna get more TDS than play conservrative and ask the damned D to hold on...

On 8/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, Scoop24 said:

the most over blown thing about Robby is his size. Dude has a slim build who cares. He is very durable . Q is as big as a tank and can’t stay healthy . 

Robby has awesome body control and a natural ability to position himself nicely on the 50/50.

he doesn’t get beat on those like you’d think a slim guy would be getting beaten.