The great Ty Montgomery

Remember all summer ty montgomery was talked about on this board like we just got the next marshall faulk.  Even though he was on his 3rd team in one year, I was told he was going to be huge for us.  He was going to catch passes out of the backfield, line up as a reciever etc.
Too funny you guys.

2 games and this is the drivel you are motivated to bestow upon the board. I wonder where the enjoyment is for people like yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

2 games and this is the drivel you are motivated to bestow upon the board. I wonder where the enjoyment is for people like yourself.

gets off on scolding fellow fans for having the gall to be optimistic about a player who wasn't acquired via the draft

• Sympathy 1

exactly.  this is suppose to be fun.  this dude is so negative.  sure we suck the last game.  lots of our guys were hurt and we have limited depth.  it's about 2h2019 season and next year.  

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Excluding the obvious excessive hyperbole in the OP, quite a few folks did, in fact, "talk up" Montgomery as a "legit weaponz".

Same way some talked up our "Rebuilt" O-line as better/good and were quite critical of doubters.

Lets not join the OP is over the top rhetoric, but JN had a fair share of folks this past offseason who clearly overstated how good quite a few pieces of this current team are.  Standard offseason fare. 

Hell, I know I overstated how good (record wise) this team "could" be. Missed it by a mile tbqh.

regarding the OP i'd change the word "excessive" to "absurd", but I was excited to see both Bell & Ty on the field together.

I still am

One of my big issues I'm now having with Gase is not having seen any of this yet.  Especially with the OL playing like POS why almost no dump offs into the flat / why no 2 back sets placing one of them in motion and forcing the D to adjust, why no rolling pocket, having Ty in a slot/short pass location with both of them available for a pass, why no subterfuge with using Bell's blocking skills to likely create an opening for T?, both players are very good rushing & receiving ... why no "trickery" taking advantage of this, to counter aggressive up the middle pressure?

It may or may not work, but I want to see some creativity attempted.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Remember all summer ty montgomery was talked about on this board like we just got the next marshall faulk.  Even though he was on his 3rd team in one year, I was told he was going to be huge for us.  He was going to catch passes out of the backfield, line up as a reciever etc.

Too funny you guys.

He can't do any of the above if he isn't on the field. 

Just now, ljr said:

regarding the OP i'd change the word "excessive" to "absurd", but I was excited to see both Bell & Ty on the field together.

I still am

One of my big issues I'm now having with Gase is not having seen any of this yet.  Especially with the OL playing like POS why almost no dump offs into the flat / why no 2 back sets placing one of them in motion and forcing the D to adjust, why no rolling pocket, having Ty in a slot/short pass location with both of them available for a pass, why no subterfuge with using Bell's blocking skills to likely create an opening for T?, both players are very good rushing & receiving ... why no "trickery" taking advantage of this, to counter aggressive up the middle pressure?

It may or may not work, but I want to see some creativity attempted.

Good questions one and all.  Maybe the Gase-fans can answer?  

• Sympathy 1

Too show you what a moron Gase is. We go for it on 4th and 2. If we get the 1st down we at the very least kick a field goal, or score a touchdown and make it a 6 pt game. Do we run the football. No. Do we run a wild cat with Bell and Montgomery in the backfield. No. We throw with a struggling QB, and an offensive line that was getting beat in pass protection. God awful.

• Upvote 1

gets off on scolding fellow fans for having the gall to be optimistic about a player who wasn't acquired via the draft

The whole internet troll mentality escapes me. It’s obviously a post/thread with the intention to aggravate people. There has to be some net gain for guys like that but I don’t get it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

We gonna start protecting the QB in Philadelphia? You had better hope so.

I believe that Kalil was badly out of shape and of course the group got zero playing time in the preseason as a unit.  By the time we have 3 games under our belts and a bye week, we come out with Darnold, a corrected OL, Mosely, and a pissed off Secondary and we start climbing our way back in it.

With that momentum, all problems solved, off we go to the wildcard game.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I believe that Kalil was badly out of shape and of course the group got zero playing time in the preseason as a unit.  By the time we have 3 games under our belts and a bye week, we come out with Darnold, a corrected OL, Mosely, and a pissed off Secondary and we start climbing our way back in it.

With that momentum, all problems solved, off we go to the wildcard game.

SAR I

I hope you're right about Kalil right now he looks old slow and washed up. Nick Mangold would have been the better choice to lure out of retirement.

4 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

This O-Line sucks so bad. They can't run or pass block their own shadow.

We said the same thing when we were 1-4 in 2002.  Testaverde was the problem.  A bad QB that no DC respected put 11 in the box, nowhere for Curtis Martin to run.  "They can't run or pass block their own shadow!" is what everyone was saying.

And once we put a competent QB back there, well wouldn'tcha know.....the QB wasn't holding the ball too long, the QB didn't have happy feet, the OL suddenly looked good again, the RB could actually run again.

QB-Mono and QB-3 makes any OL look bad.  Cheer up.  Good times coming.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I hope you're right about Kalil right now he looks old slow and washed up. Nick Mangold would have been the better choice to lure out of retirement.

If he was a month behind a proper NFL pro training regimen, well, Philadelphia seems about right for him to regain his form.

SAR I

5 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Gase sucks too knowing Harrison is better and yet still playing Kalil based on his past performances.

Yes. I'm sure Gase thinks about that every time the OL caves in. 

'gee I wonder if I should put Harrison in there - he is better, after all, but NAH, my true loyalty is to the collective memory base of Panther fans ... thank goodness Jet fans can't read my thoughts!' 

The whole internet troll mentality escapes me. It’s obviously a post/thread with the intention to aggravate people. There has to be some net gain for guys like that but I don’t get it.

Some people have no life. I’ve decided the board is just bad right now with posts like this, so I am only coming on to see Jets news.  Hopefully this is the last terrible thread that I open for a while. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

When you don't have your franchise quarterback and you're down to QB3 on the depth chart, the touches your backup RB gets sorta becomes inconsequential.

Our season starts at Philadelphia.  That's the new season opener.  We're going to go 9-4 from there.  Because Sam.

SAR I

I gotta commend you with your relentless optimism SAR I, but this O-line better get its act together or we might have another Luck on our hands. If you look at all the different sorts of injuries that Gase's QBs suffered in Miami, it has to be concerning to us that Sam might suffer the same sort of fate . Im no scheme guy, but seeing our RT get man-handled and left all alone to deal with Garrett is troubling to me. Where's the support? the double-teaming?

They better figure it out ASAP.

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is one of the most honest posts I’ve read in a while. 

I don’t get what’s in it for the troll. 

Do they get some type of psycho-sexual release from trying to aggravate strangers on the internet?

Do they put a belt around their neck and lean forward from the door as they are typing?

I don’t have the ability to understand. 

Nor do I want to. I like being relatively normal. 

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Drums said:

Some people have no life. I’ve decided the board is just bad right now with posts like this, so I am only coming on to see Jets news.  Hopefully this is the last terrible thread that I open for a while. 

It’s become unreadable. 

I think I’ve spent maybe 10 minutes here today. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Too funny you guys.

Montgomery is an explosive player its not his fault he's not getting touches. And FWIW it would be nice to see him more on short yardage plays and on plays where Bells patience might not be the best way to attack a defense. Ty hits holes hard and fast and sometimes that can get an aggressive defense to back off a bit and in that case our coach needs to realize what the defense is doing and call plays accordingly.

to talk sh*t about Montgomery when he has not gotten the touches is ridiculous

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I gotta commend you with your relentless optimism SAR I, but this O-line better get its act together or we might have another Luck on our hands. If you look at all the different sorts of injuries that Gase's QBs suffered in Miami, it has to be concerning to us that Sam might suffer the same sort of fate . Im no scheme guy, but seeing our RT get man-handled and left all alone to deal with Garrett is troubling to me. Where's the support? the double-teaming?

They better figure it out ASAP.

This is a good point ... There is no way in hell any LT is going to be able to handle Garrett as much as Beechum did with no help 16 plays is too much to ask of any LT to handle that guy. With that being said I stated before beechum did a decent job and got beat only 2 times for sacks

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Too funny you guys.

Im going to start another thread explaining why this thread was an epic failure

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Montgomery is an explosive player its not his fault he's not getting touches. And FWIW it would be nice to see him more on short yardage plays and on plays where Bells patience might not be the best way to attack a defense. Ty hits holes hard and fast and sometimes that can get an aggressive defense to back off a bit and in that case our coach needs to realize what the defense is doing and call plays accordingly.

to talk sh*t about Montgomery when he has not gotten the touches is ridiculous

Dude, hes not getting touches cause hes not any good.  If he brought anything to the table there would be a minimum 75-25 split w/ bell.

How are so many jet fans this blind?  This is common sense stuff fellas.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dude, hes not getting touches cause hes not any good.  If he brought anything to the table there would be a minimum 75-25 split w/ bell.

How are so many jet fans this blind?  This is common sense stuff fellas.

No... nothing you are saying is common sense.

Ty is not getting touches and yes he has had success in this league with the Packers . The only one who seems blind here is you. Get him touches and if he fails then make your point 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

No... nothing you are saying is common sense.

Ty is not getting touches and yes he has had success in this league with the Packers . The only one who seems blind here is you. Get him touches and if he fails then make your point 

So much success in GB that they shipped him out even though they were desparate at the rb position.

If you cant see the obvious, i cannot help you.