The great Ty Montgomery

Um, in 2 games the Oline has been exposed as one of the worst in the league. Kinda tough to do anything as a skill player when your QBs are getting killed.

When Drew Brees went down, Michael Thomas became a non factor, no one here called Montgomery anything but a good hands RB who was a great compliment to Bell. Aren't we leading the league in bad field position & 3 and outs? For backup RBs to have any success the 1st string has to have success. This board is getting crazy, TM is the least of our worries or issues right now.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’ve played two games and are on their 3rd string QB with one of the worst Olines I’ve seen. Even Bell isn’t getting the numbers he should.  I also don’t recall anyone comparing him to Marshall Faulk and they should be using him more in the short passing game considering they’re down a tight end. 

Bell got 129 from scrimmage--isn't that his career average?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Remember all summer ty montgomery was talked about on this board like we just got the next marshall faulk.  Even though he was on his 3rd team in one year, I was told he was going to be huge for us.  He was going to catch passes out of the backfield, line up as a reciever etc.

Too funny you guys.

I don't remember any of that.  Huge exaggeration.  I remember reading that Montgomery looked good in pre season and would have a role in the offense (which I think he will have all season).  But what you posted above is inaccurate as  far as I recall of what was discussed here about Ty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you don't have your franchise quarterback and you're down to QB3 on the depth chart, the touches your backup RB gets sorta becomes inconsequential.

Our season starts at Philadelphia.  That's the new season opener.  We're going to go 9-4 from there.  Because Sam.

SAR I

We gonna start protecting the QB in Philadelphia? You had better hope so.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Always love it when some wants to call out the whole board with an “I told ya so” about something that was never a thing.

Excluding the obvious excessive hyperbole in the OP, quite a few folks did, in fact, "talk up" Montgomery as a "legit weaponz".

Same way some talked up our "Rebuilt" O-line as better/good and were quite critical of doubters.

Lets not join the OP is over the top rhetoric, but JN had a fair share of folks this past offseason who clearly overstated how good quite a few pieces of this current team are.  Standard offseason fare. 

Hell, I know I overstated how good (record wise) this team "could" be. Missed it by a mile tbqh.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Remember all summer ty montgomery was talked about on this board like we just got the next marshall faulk.  Even though he was on his 3rd team in one year, I was told he was going to be huge for us.  He was going to catch passes out of the backfield, line up as a reciever etc.

Too funny you guys.

It's almost as if we have Leveon Bell on our roster. 

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Excluding the obvious excessive hyperbole in the OP, quite a few folks did, in fact, "talk up" Montgomery as a "legit weaponz".

Same way some talked up our "Rebuilt" O-line as better/good and were quite critical of doubters.

Lets not join the OP is over the top rhetoric, but JN had a fair share of folks this past offseason who clearly overstated how good quite a few pieces of this current team are.  Standard offseason fare. 

Hell, I know I overstated how good (record wise) this team "could" be. Missed it by a mile tbqh.

Leveon Bell has gotten 95pct of the snaps so far this year. Bell has played great. Why would they use Montgomery more than they already have? 

Thanks for playing. 

This O-Line sucks so bad. They can't run or pass block their own shadow. Gase should use Montgomery more. He gets a better avg run than Bell has so far. Our O-Line sucks big time. Not having Herndon hurts as Griffin and Brown suck. When they are in the game, the opposing team assumes we are running the ball.

Gase's dink and dunk offense sucks. Throw beyond the sticks for goodness sakes. Get the QB's on roll outs, run some wild cat, spread. If Luke Faulk is starting. Run plays he ran at in college. Bechum Jr, Winters and Kalil need to be replaced by Edoka, Lewis, Harrison.

Winters sucked big time from the beginning. It's amazing how many regimes and coaches he's survived to make it to the final roster. On other teams he'd be a backup. I never seen another guard get pushed behind the LOS so fast. Bechum cannot get anything done. He doesn't even care to pick up his QB once he's sacked or give him a hand. He is from here on known as Bechump aka Garrets B!#$%. You weight 40 more pounds them him. Pancake his ass, rough him up. Kalil, should unretired and owe money back to the Jets. You suck big time. Gase sucks too knowing Harrison is better and yet still playing Kalil based on his past performances.

The Jets need to draft a 1st or 2nd round center and get back into that line of Mawae, then Mangold.

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Water is wet. Jets fans hate their good players and love their trash players. Nothing new here.