Mike McCarthy

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Why Gase? McCarthy is a proven winner that wanted to work with Darnold but nope Gase was our guy I guess. Unbelievable. 

I don't know if a coaching staff of Lombardi, Parcells, and Belichick could do much better with this roster. Gase is capable of coaching a good team, but not a roster of overpaid trash.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

the difference here is McCarthy would have gotten players attention because he has won. This has nothing to do with the lack of talent but rather to do with the lack of effort esp on the offense where Gase is supposed to excel. There is no excuse for 8 points in 2.5 games none what so ever.

Gase was a loser in miami and is playing out to be a loser here as well

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Why Gase? McCarthy is a proven winner that wanted to work with Darnold but nope Gase was our guy I guess. Unbelievable. 

Am I in a time machine?

That ship has sailed, bro.  It's the 2nd Quarter of Week 3.  Mike McCarthy isn't coming here at half-time.

How many job offers did he turn down this past offseason?  Dude couldn't win with Aaron Rodgers.  You think he'd be winning here with Luke Falk and some retread defensive coordinator?

EDIT:  I'm not defending Gase.  He's been bad so far.  I AM saying that McCarthy would be just as bad...at a minimum.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Lol. 

Mike McCarthy had the most physically talented QB in history and won 1 SB. 

He’s not a good coach. 

Apparently everyone else in the NFL agrees.

Who next?  

Bill Cowher?

Marv Levy?

McCarthy could’ve gone somewhere but he wanted the Jets job. You’re right he’s not perfect but he’s better than the sh*tshow on the sideline right now. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Integrity28 said:

There are several teams playing what at least looks like football with their backup QB. The issue goes far beyond Sam’s mono as an excuse.

I'd agree with that.  But we're asking two separate questions.  Not many people are arguing FOR Gase right now or defending him.  But Gase coaching like crap shouldn't automatically elevate a dinosaur like Mike McCarthy to hero status.

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Am I in a time machine?

That ship has sailed, bro.  It's the 2nd Quarter of Week 3.  Mike McCarthy isn't coming here at half-time.

How many job offers did he turn down this past offseason?  Dude couldn't win with Aaron Rodgers.  You think he'd be winning here with Luke Falk and some retread defensive coordinator?

EDIT:  I'm not defending Gase.  He's been bad so far.  I AM saying that McCarthy would be just as bad...at a minimum.

that is bs he won a superbowl with Rodgers till Rodgers tuned him out. But hey go with any narrative you want at the end of the day Gase is a coach with a loosing record, with poeple giving him passes. There is no excuse for 8 points in 3 games none.

Gase has done crap with young qbs he has not turned any into winners but you can say the same for McCarthy can you?

Gase was Manning's waterboy no team is perfect so what are we supposed to do give him 5 yrs till he fields a team that tries?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Can you imagine the bitching and moaning with Mccarthy at 0-3 and Mac still GM?

Hahahahahaaaaa.  

Great point.  If we think this is unbearable just think how that would go.  Right now, we're the Different Old Jets.  That would have been Same Old Jets.  Both bad....one is just showing a new way of being bad.

23 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Because it was all a smoke screen in GB. All those wins, playoff victories and Super Bowl. Check that..it was all because of Rodgers. And speaking of Rodgers, McCarthy should of won more games with a QB like that. 

Oh, and don't forget he's fat and not as good looking as these younger coaches. He would of been a nightmare with the Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

With less talent than this year the O line has been serviceable in the recent past.  The # of blown assignments is indicative of a poorly coached team coupled with what appears to be a very bad decision giving Kalil 9 Million dollars to come in and suck.

Not ready to call for Gases' firing but if in December the O still looks like this then you can at least talk about the possibility he's getting fired. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

McCarthy was clearly the right hire. It’s hard to see how anyone felt otherwise.

Instead of a guy that won a Super Bowl and coached a QB from rookie to top 3 QB in the league. We hire a coach that had the 24, 25 and 31st ranked offenses I. His 3 years as a HC

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

But Gase is an offensive guru, he has not shown any game planning ability and every team has injuries period, we are not even talking about winning we are talking about trying and this Offense has not shown up in 3 weeks but Gase is Genius because he has failed himself into jobs,

Loosing coach Miami it as his qb here now they are saying injuries, next yr what will it be? At some point you need to score  at some points you need to show some fight, at some point the coach needs to show up and coach to win the fing game

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

that is bs he won a superbowl with Rodgers till Rodgers tuned him out. But hey go with any narrative you want at the end of the day Gase is a coach with a loosing record, with poeple giving him passes. There is no excuse for 8 points in 3 games none.

Gase has done crap with young qbs he has not turned any into winners but you can say the same for McCarthy can you?

Gase was Manning's waterboy no team is perfect so what are we supposed to do give him 5 yrs till he fields a team that tries?

It's not the narrative I want.  It's just the narrative, man.  Purging McCarthy was the best thing the Packers could do for both their team and their QB.  They got it right.  Aaron Rodgers has finally been able to throw away the playbook they'd been using since 2009.  In fact, it had dust on it because he wasn't even opening it anymore.

Several people in this thread can't seem to understand mutual exclusivity.  If I say McCarthy is bad that doesn't mean I'm saying Gase deserves a pass.  They could both be bad choices, and it's looking like they might be.  The idea here that somehow McCarthy wouldn't have a Luke Falk led Jets team heading towards its 3rd loss is nuts.

Football is still won in the lines. Pats have a new left tackle playing his first game for them and their center is out - yet the Jets despite picking tackle after tackle in draft after draft can't get a bit of pressure on Brady.

The O line is a bigger joke 4 stiffs and a has been.