The only guys who are earning a pay check

shawn306

6 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Yes I am. Guy deserves better than to play for this POS franchise as does Bell

In 3 games, Jamal Adams has contributed nothing that made us more likely to win a football game, and there's a line of thinking that having him out there is actually a liability, as his freelancing may make some flashy plays around the line of scrimmage but is a detriment to pass coverage, which is far more valuable for a DB in the modern NFL.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In 3 games, Jamal Adams has contributed nothing that made us more likely to win a football game, and there's a line of thinking that having him out there is actually a liability, as his freelancing may make some flashy plays around the line of scrimmage but is a detriment to pass coverage, which is far more valuable for a DB in the modern NFL.

Wow really? I thought he is the one that scored the points the offense couldn't? 

Just now, usapaw said:

Wow really? I thought he is the one that scored the points the offense couldn't? 

I mean, anything that happened after 30-0, does it even matter? The game was for all intents and purposes over. Adams catching a lollipop from Brady's backup because the game was in hand isn't something to go gaga over

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, usapaw said:

Where would the 2019 Jets be without our 2nd team All-Pro's ability to intercept a brutal overthrow from a backup QB when down 23 points with 6 minutes left in the game.  How can we replace that type of production?

Fun fact: In his 3rd season, Jamal Adams still has 0 INTs when a game's outcome was in question, and 2 INTs total.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Where would the 2019 Jets be without our 2nd team All-Pro's ability to intercept a brutal overthrow from a backup QB when down 23 points with 6 minutes left in the game.  How can we replace that type of production?

Fun fact: In his 3rd season, Jamal Adams still has 0 INTs when a game's outcome was in question, and 2 INTs total.

OK, make up some more stupid scenarios that work for you. This is just pathetic Mr. metric. 

30 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Bell and Adams and half the fanbase wants to see Adams gone.

I like Adams and he didn’t have a good game today. He makes plays but gives up plays as well. Cashman played good again for a back up rookie and Bell is Bell. He’s not going to do good until the coaches figure out how to get the defense to stop loading the box waiting for him to get the ball. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He’s not a CB or FS. Most SS don’t get a lot of ints. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s not a CB or FS. Most SS don’t get a lot of ints. 

It's possible to not expect him to get a lot, and to expect him to generate more turnovers and meaningful plays than he has, and also not to freelance his way into hurting the already weak secondary.

• Sympathy 1

I counter this with In three games he has produced as many touchdowns and nearly as many points for our team as our entire offense?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

I counter this with In three games he has produced as many touchdowns and nearly as many points for our team as our entire offense?

So has Arthur Mallet.  Sounds like more of an indictment of the team than anything to celebrate about either player.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Not half the fan base. 

The vocal minority here.

Good point.  Don't confuse audible volume to quantity of voices.  It's a very loud peanut gallery trying to convince everyone that Jamal isn't a good player, that most fans have it wrong about him, that the NFL got it wrong voting him to the Pro Bowl last year, etc.  We're all idiots.  It's only the small choir of guys singing the hymns, "It Should Have Been Mahomes," and "You Don't Take a Safety Sixth" that are the experts.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good point.  Don't confuse audible volume to quantity of voices.  It's a very loud peanut gallery trying to convince everyone that Jamal isn't a good player, that most fans have it wrong about him, that the NFL got it wrong voting him to the Pro Bowl last year, etc.  We're all idiots.  It's only the small choir of guys singing the hymns, "It Should Have Been Mahomes," and "You Don't Take a Safety Sixth" that are the experts.

A bunch of knuckle draggers dumping on Jet players.   

It’s pathetic, quite frankly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, it's mostly trolls with an agenda.  They hated the draft pick and will disregard how good of a player he has turned out to be.

The reality is that Leonard Williams gives the anti-DT people plenty of reasons to bash him. He was drafted as a sure thing at DT and he just hasn't performed at all. I still hold out hope that the presence of Quinnen will help but there is still no excuse for Williams to be a complete dud play after play. A top 10 pick should make plays even if he double teamed every single play. 

With Adams, the dude flys around the field and is already a pro bowl safety. Whether you should draft a safety that high or not is a very legit argument. Whether you should then take another safety in the 2nd round (no matter how good Maye looks) is pretty clearly a horrible decision but Maye also looks good. They are the least of this teams problems. 

The problem is that no matter how good Maye/Adams are you can't win if you have no edge rushers/CBs and when your franchise QB is out with mono. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I had to smarten up. ^ this is my realization.

except don’t agree he’s a liability in the pass game. He just doesn’t make impact plays.

10 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Maye has played well as well. Adams played well today but struggled in the first two games. Cashman has done a good job as well. 

Maye looked great running away from OBJ last week. The whole secondary is pretty much hot garbage. Guys like Maye don’t need to be drafted in the second round. 

11 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Bell and Adams and half the fanbase wants to see Adams gone.

that's not entirely true.  there are guys like trumaine who are basically mailing it in but it's too simplistic to say those guys are earning their money.  in many cases they aren't being put in the right position to win.  in others the guys don't have the talent.  bell and adams do bring it every game . but there are also guys like roberts, hairston, mcclendon, and others who do play hard every play.