Kalil Quote

msena88

49 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

always excuses, mitigating circumstances, injuries, new coaches, new gm, new scheme, backups, etc.  they should force all jets players and employees next sunday to watch the redzone channel and see what the other teams do.  

I look forward to the day of when I'm allowed to assess things in Jets land...

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

They have to change the OL for next game. Get Garrison in at center. Either bench Khalil or move him to G and bench Winters or start the G we traded for from the Ravens. Bench Shell and replace him with Edoga. Do something for freaking sake.

Or move Harrison back to Guard... He was Guard and keep Kahlil... bench Winters move Edoga to LT and Beechham to RT... Just a thought. Or like you said bench Winters for Lewis and Harrison at Center.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** are you talking about?  I remember when the backup QB was the most popular guy on the team.  Here it is the backup center?  The guy couldn't unseat Spencer Long with a broken finger. 

I get thinking the coach is an idiot, but when every coach can't notice the greatness of Jonotthan Harrison, maybe it doesn't exist.  He has sat for three different head coaches, 3 different OCs and 5 different offensive line coaches.  Gase, Bowles, Pagano, Pollack, Loggains, Morton, Dennison, Chudzinski, Philbin, Pep Hamilton, and Steve Marshall did not recognize his greatness!  

Fact - Harrison was a huge upgrade over Spencer long and Todd Bowles was a stubborn moron who refused to make the switch.

Also Fact - Harrison is a huge upgrade over Matt Kalil and Adam Gase is a stubborn moron who refuses to make the switch.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

3rd and 18 Adam Gase either throws a 2 yard pass or calls a draw play. Nothing is downfield ever. 

With a bad oline and a bad qb and bad skill position players there isn't a lot of plays to call that would work. The QB isn't protected on 5 step drops but you want to air it out all day on 3rd and long? 

You are not going to be successful when you are in 3 and long all day. If you never get into a rhythm and aren't completely easy passes you aren't going to hit long shots when the defense knows its comming. 

I have zero issues with dumping off passes on 3rd and forever with the way the offense was able to execute all day.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:

This is all on Gase.  The O line did not play together for one snap in the pre-season.  That's why the communication is so bad, you have 5 strangers trying to function as a unit.  

true but these guys are also simply getting overpowered in one on one matchups.  they're below average linemen, way below.

• Upvote 1

This is all on Gase.  The O line did not play together for one snap in the pre-season.  That's why the communication is so bad, you have 5 strangers trying to function as a unit.  

Considering Winters and KO were hurt, Kalil came in extremely late, there wasn't much that could have been done. Gase wanted to get Kalil in there but sounds like was overruled by the front office if you remember from the late scratch before the game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

true but these guys are also simply getting overpowered in one on one matchups.  they're below average linemen, way below.

They are below average, but the Pats had two backups on the O-Line yesterday and the Jets got one sack.  These guys are all veterans so you wouldn't expect them to get beaten like Div 3 rookies.

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How many quick slants did Adam Gase call yesterday a good HC/OC has plays for strengths and weaknesses of their respective QB. 

Luke Falk is that bad nothing helps him. 

Would you have preferred we threw “quick slants” to 168 lb Robbie Anderson or 172 lb Jamison Crowder, my guy? 

They are below average, but the Pats had two backups on the O-Line yesterday and the Jets got one sack.  These guys are all veterans so you wouldn't expect them to get beaten like Div 3 rookies.

We have bad players, OL, DL, you name it. There are a handful of pieces and every other position needs an upgrade.

• Upvote 1

exactly, you wouldn't.  which is why i believe it's coming down to confidence and implicitly, effort.

on defense they believe, they're playing hard, even undermanned.  on offense i get the feeling that the starters know they can't win, can't score, can't protect, can't open holes for bell, can't execute big plays.  they're just biding time until darnold returns.  and in the opener, i think the OL was so out of synch that they play scared.

we were all fed crap in preseason that the OL would be fine by opening day.  we're seeing now that we all drank the cool aid and regret it.

8 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Considering Winters and KO were hurt, Kalil came in extremely late, there wasn't much that could have been done. Gase wanted to get Kalil in there but sounds like was overruled by the front office if you remember from the late scratch before the game.

I think it was more of a case of Khalil not being up to speed on the scheme.  

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Or move Harrison back to Guard... He was Guard and keep Kahlil... bench Winters move Edoga to LT and Beechham to RT... Just a thought. Or like you said bench Winters for Lewis and Harrison at Center.

But moving Edoga to LT in his first start is scary.  Kahlil And Winters have been horrendous. Both need to be benched. Beech has been equally horrible so maybe you’re right and roll the dice with the rookie at LT. Edoga LT, Osmile at G, Harrison C, Lewis G, Beech RT.  Could it possibly be any worse.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fact - Harrison was huge upgrade over Spencer long and Todd Bowles was stubborn moron who refused to make the switch.

Also Fact - Harrison is a huge upgrade over Matt Kalil and Adam Gase is a stubborn moron who refuses to make the switch.

Fact - Harrison was a Florida Gator 

Also Fact - JiF is a huge Gator homer who tried to make us believe that Jachai Polite was a steal in the 3rd

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

3rd and 18 Adam Gase either throws a 2 yard pass or calls a draw play. Nothing is downfield ever. 

If anything, our offensive line has proven that it can hold up long enough for our WRs, who get lots of separation, to get 18 yards down field on obviously passing downs, deep in our own territory, no less.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Why are you guys looking to move Beechum to RT?  He is not a run blocker.  He is a somewhat underweight LT that is supposed to be light on his feet. 

I am not a fan of Shell, but by PFF and many posters, he has been our highest rated offensive lineman.  If you did want to bench him, the plan should be straight swap Edoga for Shell. 

44 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

The O-line not only sucks but they really look lost out there. I’m seeing defenders just flat out getting beat. That’s on them but I also see lineman coming off their assignments early and/or just not blocking anyone. Our line has struggled for years but this is the worst I’ve seen it and Gase hasn’t fixed it since week 1. I keep saying it, bring more bodies in there to block, TE’s, RB’s. Stop the bleeding. Throw a bomb once in awhile. Get in the shotgun, drop the QB 5-8 yards past the gun to give him time to unload it deep. At least give a perception that you’re gonna go deep from time to time. The offense is too predictable. Am I missing something here???

Go back to your first sentence. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Deeper pass plays take time to develop how exactly do you expect someone calling plays on this team to make that happen when we can't protect the QB for more than 2 seconds ?

You can't just say "oh lets throw deep" it's not that easy . We have stayed with the short passing game for many reason's.

1. Our WR's suck and we still don't have a big possession guy to rely on.

2. Our OL is not in sync yet

3. Everyone knows this and they are stacking the box on Bell simply run blitzing and pass blitzing until we show we can handle the blitz.

4. even when we go 4 wide teams are just easily covering us man to man and sending 5,6 or 7 guys. Our QB's have been under pressure on nearly every pass play.

If you can just explain this away I would love to see how you're going to get deeper patterns to work with how we are currently playing with the talent we currently have

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, to protect from the turnover. 

This game had to be played in 3 ways for the Jets:

1. Eliminate turnovers. Zero

2. Hope for some turnovers from NE.

3. Pray.

Come on now, the strategy is going YOLO on offense.  I mean, you can do it in Madden, so I don't get why Gase doesn't just call the good plays for long TDs.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you have preferred we threw “quick slants” to 168 lb Robbie Anderson or 172 lb Jamison Crowder, my guy? 

It's funny because they both catch quick slants on the reg in seasons past but because it fits your apologist narrative, neither are capable of performing the easiest route to run in Football.  Is LeVeon Bell also incapable of running the easiest route in Football? 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

4. even when we go 4 wide teams are just easily covering us man to man and sending 5,6 or 7 guys. Our QB's have been under pressure on nearly every pass play.

The interesting thing to me was the tweet that said that the Pats sent 4 or less on something like 19 of 27 pass plays.  It sure didn't seem that way.  Part of that is us sucking and part Belichick being traditionally good at disguising who is coming.  This team already had trouble figuring out who to block.  I'm sure the Pats took advantage.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fact - Harrison was a Florida Gator 

Also Fact - JiF is a huge Gator homer who tried to make us believe that Jachai Polite was a steal in the 3rd

Fact - Harrison is an upgrade no matter what college he played for.

Also Fact - JiF never tried to convince anyone Polite was a steal.  JiF laughed at the pick.  JiF only defended the thought of cutting him after the 1st preseason game. 

Good try though.

30 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Downfield routes take even more time to protect.  Until the line is better, it's not as easy as simply "opening up" the offense.

Gase's plays always have these players behind the LOS or just to the other side. If it is 3 and 18 there is no point in having a receiver there. Either send that player out closer to the first down marker or make him a blocker. Zero chance a player is getting 20 YAC on the patriots. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It's funny because they both catch quick slants on the reg in seasons past but because it fits your apologist narrative, neither are capable of performing the easiest route to run in Football.  Is LeVeon Bell also incapable of running the easiest route in Football? 

Robbie anderson catches slants ? The guy is terrified of the middle always has been and consistently cuts routes short.

He's a sideline guy, always has been and he needs a complement on the other side of the field who can make the type of plays he simply can't make. This team has needed a big bodied WR for years the only one we had the past 15 + years was Brandon Marshall I think the only one we had before that was Keyshawn. Having a guy the QB can rely on to throw the ball up and he goes and gets it goes so unnoticed on these forums its criminal.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

“Ay Mike. Stevie from Jacksonville. First time, long time. <awkward pause> You know what I think is that the Jets need to line up Levon Bell at receiver and trow him the quick slants. Whattayou think? I’ll hang up and listen. Also shout out to Hot Boy Kenny in Oyst <gets cut off>”

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Deeper pass plays take time to develop how exactly do you expect someone calling plays on this team to make that happen when we can't protect the QB for more than 2 seconds ?

Shotgun?  Rollouts?  Quick Slants?  Play Action?  Misdirection?  Personnel changes?  Max Protect?  Anything but strait-drop-back-get-sacked?

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You can't just say "oh lets throw deep" it's not that easy . We have stayed with the short passing game for many reason's.

1. Our WR's suck and we still don't have a big possession guy to rely on.

2. Our OL is not in sync yet

3. Everyone knows this and they are stacking the box on Bell simply run blitzing and pass blitzing until we show we can handle the blitz.

If you can just explain this away I would love to see how you're going to get deeper patterns to work with how we are currently playing with the talent we currently have

I expect a genius Offensive mind to do more than say de facto "they all suck, we can't do better, suck it fans".

• Upvote 1