Kalil Quote

msena88

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fact - Harrison was a huge upgrade over Spencer long and Todd Bowles was stubborn moron who refused to make the switch.

Also Fact - Harrison is a huge upgrade over Matt Kalil and Adam Gase is a stubborn moron who refuses to make the switch.

Kalil better learn between now and the Eagles game, what the correct protections to call are. He's making 8 million dollars, and hasn't earned a dime of it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The interesting thing to me was the tweet that said that the Pats sent 4 or less on something like 19 of 27 pass plays.  It sure didn't seem that way.  Part of that is us sucking and part Belichick being traditionally good at disguising who is coming.  This team already had trouble figuring out who to block.  I'm sure the Pats took advantage.

Absolutely ... Belichick did send 4 at times but if you show 7 and back them in coverage on short passing plays it's probably confusing the hell out of the OL and the QB.  Belichick seems to have the  talent now to make his defense elite once again and they are certainly playing at an elite level. Have they given up a TD yet ?

In reality the Jets have played 3 very tough defenses and when you lack Talent at the WR position and are missing your only TE who can catch the football then those elite defenses can focus on Bell and there's not much you can do

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Robbie anderson catches slants ? The guy is terrified of the middle always has been and consistently cuts routes short.

He's a sideline guy, always has been and he needs a complement on the other side of the field who can make the type of plays he simply can't make. This team has needed a big bodied WR for years the only one we had the past 15 + years was Brandon Marshall I think the only one we had before that was Keyshawn. Having a guy the QB can rely on to throw the ball up and he goes and gets it goes so unnoticed on these forums its criminal.

I have witnessed with my own 2 eyes, Robby Anderson catch a slant on the NY Jets.  Jamison Crowder has literally caught 200 slants in the NFL.  LeVeon Bell ran slants all the time in Pitts and caught them with ease.

Suddenly, none of them can run the easiest route in Football. 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Shotgun?  Rollouts?  Quick Slants?  Play Action?  Misdirection?  Personnel changes?  Max Protect?  Anything but strait-drop-back-get-sacked?

I expect a genius Offensive mind to do more than say de facto "they all suck, we can't do better, suck it fans".

and we are going to do all of this with a QB who never took a snap in the NFL and crappy ass Trevor Siemian ??? Good Luck

Just now, JiF said:

I have witnessed with my own 2 eyes, Robby Anderson catch a slant on the NY Jets.  Jamison Crowder has literally caught 200 slants in the NFL.  LeVeon Bell ran slants all the time in Pitts and caught them with ease.

Your next post will be 66,666.  And, I'd just like to say, it's fitting and you've earned it.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I didn't mean to make it sound like Robbie never ran a slant but lets be honest its not the best part of his game and as small as he is it would get him killed sooner rather than later

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

and we are going to do all of this with a QB who never took a snap in the NFL and crappy ass Trevor Siemian ??? Good Luck

i think they just scaled down the playbook vs NE to get to the bye, no reason to give phily, dallas and NE real film for these upcoming games.  

gase's best tactic was to play out yesterday's game as simply as possible and treat the bye week as if the season is starting anew, hopefully get darnold back and see what is really going on with the OL.  the team needs a reboot.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Ay Mike. Stevie from Jacksonville. First time, long time. <awkward pause> You know what I think is that the Jets need to line up Levon Bell at receiver and trow him the quick slants. Whattayou think? I’ll hang up and listen. Also shout out to Hot Boy Kenny in Oyst <gets cut off>”

Ay Mike, Tom from who gives a ****.  6'1 315 love cock.  Did you know that Jamison Crowder and LeVeon Bell cant run a slant despite running slants their entire career.  Love to you get your take on what happened once they got to NY.  thanks! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Wasn't the Frank Pollack hire applauded by most of the fans?  I thought this guy had a good reputation?

I have no Idea who the hell he is ...only guys you ever hear about is the ones who succeed and the guys that go to teams and turn crappy lines into gems with the same personnel. Sure guys can go back and look where he came from and maybe those lines did well but that certainly does not make him a good coach. Our line looks confused more than anything else and IMHO thats always on the coach and not being prepared

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i think they just scaled down the playbook vs NE to get to the bye, no reason to give phily, dallas and NE real film for these upcoming games.  

gase's best tactic was to play out yesterday's game as simply as possible and treat the bye week as if the season is starting anew, hopefully get darnold back and see what is really going on with the OL.  the team needs a reboot.

Yes !

Or a boot in the ass

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I didn't mean to make it sound like Robbie never ran a slant but lets be honest its not the best part of his game and as small as he is it would get him killed sooner rather than later

Small dude run slants on the reg in this league.  Crowder has made a living at it and he's 5'7 135lbs.  I get it's not Robby's strength but the genius tom shane literally said, nobody on the team can run a slant which is the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, genot said:

Kalil better learn between now and the Eagles game, what the correct protections to call are. He's making 8 million dollars, and hasn't earned a dime of it.

If only there were a guy that has been here all offseason and knows all the calls and has chemistry with the guys around him...that would be neat.

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Move the goalposts much?

No one is saying they'd be all-pros.  We're saying if your O-line cannot do basic pass blocking because of :reasons:, the only option left is to do things that slow pressure and give the QB more time.  None of those things on my list are particularly "difficult" for even bad QB's to perform to a basic degree.  

What is YOUR alternative?  Sit still and suck and like it?  Gase is a genius for doing nothing?  I mean seriously bro, are you going to tell me what we've seen is the best ANY coach could do, no one could possibly have done better?

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fact - Harrison is an upgrade no matter what college he played for.

Also Fact - JiF never tried to convince anyone Polite was a steal.  JiF laughed at the pick.  JiF only defended the thought of cutting him after the 1st preseason game. 

Good try though.

Jeez, I was only teasing.  Harrison may be a mild upgrade right now.  OTOH, he might not and there is a lot more of a chance that Kalil ends up as an adequate C for the rest of the season than Harrison.  There are a bunch of posters that think that Harrison is a good C because he didn't bounce 3 snaps a game.  I am not one of them.

I would say that Kalil deserves all the bashing he gets.  We paid for $8M of hate and might as well get our money's worth, but when he said:

"We said all week to beat this team you’ve got to stay ahead of the downs and we didn’t do that.”

I am pretty sure that his point was that they didn't execute on 1st and 2nd down.  I took him to be saying the blame belonged on the players for that. 

The sad thing is how pathetic the jets have been in the field position battle the past couple of weeks.  They keep getting backed up.  It is bad enough dealing with this sh*tty QB, but put him inside the 20 and things get way scarier.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Or move Harrison back to Guard... He was Guard and keep Kahlil... bench Winters move Edoga to LT and Beechham to RT... Just a thought. Or like you said bench Winters for Lewis and Harrison at Center.

Sounds like they would be replacing sh*t with poop.

2 hours ago, msena88 said:

Considering Gase hand picked Siemian and Falk, the gripe should be more about his ability to scout and identify the QB position because they both flat out stink.

HES AN OFFENSIVE GENIUS YOU GUYS

the last time this team hired an Offensive genius it was Rich kotite 

not to say you can't find a gem like McVay or KK but the Jets are shopping from the bargain bin and telling us it's caviar

those that fail to recognize the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Fact - Harrison was a huge upgrade over Spencer long and Todd Bowles was a stubborn moron who refused to make the switch.

Also Fact - Harrison is a huge upgrade over Matt Kalil and Adam Gase is a stubborn moron who refuses to make the switch.

The funny thing is, for all the questions about the OL, this is almost entirely the same unit as last year, which while definitely not good, did not have nearly this level of problems.  They lost the much-hated Carpenter, and brought in interior OL via 2 FAs and a trade.  Meanwhile, we have seen numerous instances of players not even getting beat, but rather free rushers coming in completely unblocked, which is far more than just a talent issue.  They are playing horribly without question, but Gase isn't some innocent victim in this.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The funny thing is, for all the questions about the OL, this is almost entirely the same unit as last year, which while definitely not good, did not have nearly this level of problems.  They lost the much-hated Carpentered, and brought in interior OL via 2 FAs and a trade.  Meanwhile, we have seen numerous instances of players not even getting beat, but rather free rushers coming in completely unblocked, which is far more than just a talent issue.  They are playing horribly without question, but Gase isn't some innocent victim in this.

There isnt a single person in this world who didnt believe the Jets significantly upgraded their offense this offseason.  This forum was doing back flips for Kalil.  Every analyst that covers the NFL had them ranked as one of the most improved teams or "winners" in the offseason.  Suddenly, all these new additions cant play Football.  

By no means am I arguing that we are talent rich, clearly that's not the case but the OL and weapons dept. was improved.  Bottom line.  And the truth is, every single player on this offense has been a productive player who has been a part of (if not a crucial part) of a successful offense.  Suddenly, they're the worst collection of the talent the league has ever seen to the point they cant execute a single play?  No.  This isnt ******* Space Jam. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

3rd and 18 Adam Gase either throws a 2 yard pass or calls a draw play. Nothing is downfield ever. 

Because 3rd string quarterbacks pulled off of the Costco checkout line and rushed into NFL active duty 12 hours after they are signed are so good at throwing the ball downfield.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Small dude run slants on the reg in this league.  Crowder has made a living at it and he's 5'7 135lbs.  I get it's not Robby's strength but the genius tom shane literally said, nobody on the team can run a slant which is the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.

As a guy who plays a lot of Madden against Taiwanese 13 year olds in the wee hours of the night, I’m sure you know that in order to throw a slant, you need someone to clear the safety. Can you name the person who started at TE for the NY Jets yesterday? 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

There isnt a single person in this world who didnt believe the Jets significantly upgraded their offense this offseason.  This forum was doing back flips for Kalil.  Every analyst that covers the Jets had them ranked as one of the most improved teams or "winners" in the offseason

I don’t feel like any of this is true.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As a guy who plays a lot of Madden against Taiwanese 13 year olds in the wee hours of the night, I’m sure you know that in order to throw a slant, you need someone to clear the safety. Can you name the person who started at TE for the NY Jets yesterday? 

Keep digging your heels in on; nobody on the Jets can run a slant.  It's a great look for you. 

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

HES AN OFFENSIVE GENIUS YOU GUYS

the last time this team hired an Offensive genius it was Rich kotite 

not to say you can't find a gem like McVay or KK but the Jets are shopping from the bargain bin and telling us it's caviar

those that fail to recognize the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them  

remember when we tried telling everyone that they hired gase because he was the cheapest candidate and everyone told us we were just whining? pepperidge farm remembers.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t feel like any of this is true.

You're right, Tom.  Nobody thought the Jets improved their offense this offseason.  In fact, adding Bell, Crowder, Montgomery, Osemele, Griffin, Brown, Kalil, Lewis, Compton were huge down grades for the team.

Why do we even have conversations around here?  You just need to drop all the truth bombs to make sure everyone is in the know.

What's the next big TomShane truth bomb?  Nobody on the Jets is actually capable of receiving a hand off? 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

remember when we tried telling everyone that they hired gase because he was the cheapest candidate and everyone told us we were just whining? pepperidge farm remembers.

Remember when we tried telling everyone that drafting a quarterback from USC with minimal starting experience was a horrible idea and they were all like flashes of greatness? And how nobody learned sh*t and the Jets did the exact same thing and the exact same doofuses think it's the exact same greatest thing ever?

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're right, Tom.  Nobody thought the Jets improved their offense this offseason.  In fact, adding Bell, Crowder, Montgomery, Osemele, Griffin, Brown, Kalil, Lewis, Compton were huge down grades for the team.

Why do we even have conversations around here?  You just need to drop all the truth bombs to make sure everyone is in the know.

What's the next big TomShane truth bomb?  Nobody on the Jets is actually capable of receiving a hand off? 

basically every one of these moves was praised by the 'experts' too.