Sam Darnold (and SAR) On The Same Page - “We’re going to go on a little run here"

SAR I

Going on a "run" would be great.  Winning a game, at this point, would be great.  Seeing Darnold back, 100% healthy and not at risk of harm due to his Mono, would be great.  Making the playoffs would be great.

I think every Jets Fan would like to see all of these things.

The question is one of probability.  Is it probable that the 0-3 and so-far-completely-hapless Jets will go on a tear across the league crushing all the so-claled "bad teams" we have ahead of us?

I simply don't see that as likely.  But I'd love it if it happened.  

Being pragmatic =/= being against it or being "negative".  It's simply being a realist and reasonable expectations.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

To each his own.   I’m not much for 4th place trophies     Woody needs blind homers to spend money I suppose.  

Nobody is giving praise to a participation trophy here. If they fail, they fail... I just see that adversities this team has had and think they can turn it around. That is far different then a 4th place trophy. Being positive about the direction is not being a homer. I will spend money on the team when they are worth spending money on. Are they there yet, no... But it doesn't stop me from having a positive outlook about what this team is.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Going on a "run" would be great.  Winning a game, at this point, would be great.  Seeing Darnold back, 100% healthy and not at risk of harm due to his Mono, would be great.  Making the playoffs would be great.

I think every Jets Fan would like to see all of these things.

The question is one of probability.  Is it probable that the 0-3 and so-far-completely-hapless Jets will go on a tear across the league crushing all the so-claled "bad teams" we have ahead of us?

I simply don't see that as likely.  But I'd love it if it happened.  

Being pragmatic =/= being against it or being "negative".  It's simply being a realist and reasonable expectations.

I have nothing wrong with this take.... The people here shouting that they 'know' the team isn't going to win a game this year or is the worst team in the league are the problems... 

I choose to think that Sam Darnold... If as good as he should be by now... Should be able to take this team on a run against the worst Defenses in the league and a Jets Defense that is top 10 in the league without the best player that is coming back after the Bye.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Th Jets players and Coaches need to stfu to the media and fix this mess. All we have heard over the past 10 years is talk talk, talk, talk.....No playoffs to show for it. Laughing stock of the league. I would like to know how much money they have spent on the Oline and what they rank in comparison to other lines. To me they have to be one of the highest paid in the league and one of the worst production wise. Sam you are young, but you have struggled a lot in the one game you played. Please don't be like the other Jet players and just talk, talk, talk. Please win games lead to the playoffs then talk.

Having Jamal, Leonard etc talk talk talk and not do the walk hasn't gotten us far. You don't hear a word from Mosley, or Bell and they have won and been in big games. Why you young cats like talking so much. Shut it and produce.

Struggled while playing with undiagnosed Mono... 

Leo doesn't talk... Its only Adams and who cares... He takes all the media hits too.. I get it everyone on this forum hates Adams... great... not changing anytime soon. And as much as Adams talks the Defense is currently top 10 in the league without their best player..

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Optimists drink to have fun and enjoy at leisure... Pessimists drink to hope the problems go away and they can't cope with life... You choose the path. 

And here I thought optimists act like message board scolds and try to bully others to adopt their brand of fandom to have fun and enjoy at leisure.

0-6 to 7-6 would be a great story, and more importantly it would get the trajectory of this team back on course and where many of us thought this team would be in 2019.  I think it can happen, but ONLY if Darnold elevates his play to a top 10-12 level QB this year.  Gase needs to make sure he puts Sam in positions to succeed around a crappy OL.  That's why he's getting the big bucks, so now let's see if Gase can hold up his end of the bargain.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

And here I thought optimists act like message board scolds and try to bully others to adopt their brand of fandom to have fun and enjoy at leisure.

Give me break... the biggest bullies right now are the Jets suck, they are going 4-12 and if I don't think they do, you know nothing crowd.... 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Give me break... the biggest bullies right now are the Jets suck, they are going 4-12 and if I don't think they do, you know nothing crowd.... 

Hang in there. Take names.  When we come out of this they're not allowed to celebrate any victories.  

These are the same people who didn't pay for playoff tickets in November 2002 so thankfully they won't be in the stadium when we return.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hang in there. Take names.  When we come out of this they're not allowed to celebrate any victories.  

These are the same people who didn't pay for playoff tickets in November 2002 so thankfully they won't be in the stadium when we return.

SAR I

Right on SAR I i'm with you brother. 
Our schedule gets easier we get healthier, learn from our mistakes and destroy the rest of the NFL. 

joewilly12 
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would be happy if the Jet fans on this board would stopping constantly taking shots at one another before @Maxman.   makes me ban them. 

We are all Suffering through this together. Please attack the post and not the posters. Attack what people say but don’t attack them. 

Thanks. 

****.  I was just getting my personal attack finalized!

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You mistake disagreement with bullying. Never heard anyone call an optimistic fan “a fake fan” or denigrate their commitment to the Jets succeeding. Being called wrong isn’t bullying. Applying a “conform or you aren’t one of us” standard is textbook mob mentality.

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Oh knock it off, you sell your tickets all the time. Stop acting like you are above everyone else.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Neither will you, after you once again sell your tickets to opposing team fans for maximum profit.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jgb said:

You mistake disagreement with bullying. Never heard anyone call an optimistic fan “a fake fan” or denigrate their commitment to the Jets succeeding. Being called wrong isn’t bullying. Applying a “conform or you aren’t one of us” standard is textbook mob mentality.

Sure it is... every time I post something positive... along comes the negative police to tell me that I am high, or a homer, or that I have delusions, etc. etc. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sure it is... every time I post something positive... along comes the negative police to tell me that I am high, or a homer, or that I have delusions, etc. etc. 

Sorry you feel so disrespected. I still love you and your optimism. Keep it up.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry for quoting the same post twice but I just had a realization. Being a Jets darksider is like being outside in the rain of a cool pub. All the optimistic people are inside having a great time. We are grumbling and miserable watching the fun through the alley window. But then, at the end of the night, everyone starts falling down. See, the beer was poisoned all along. We are sad for our fallen friends but this is why we stay outside.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t mind the optimism but the constant bashing of “SOJFs” is tiresome. You know what another name for SOJFs is? People that have been right a whole lot more than they have been wrong about the Jets for 50 years.

seriously 

there's like 10 fans left 

now's not the time for a circular firing squad 

just because someone is mad at the Jets doesn't mean they don't care 

in fact there's a thin line between fries and shakes 

"the schedule gets easier" 

they play Philadelphia - a team they have never beaten in franchise history home or away

the Cowboys are going to take over Met Life

as will the Steelers (that's an 0-3 team with half a chance)

at Jacksonville they are going to run us over 

At the Ravens is essentially unwinnable 

they play the Pats again. 

The Buffalo game is in January like -3 degrees 

the schedule is short in terms of travel distance but except for miami 2x it's harder than last season. 

and the Jets have scored 11 points on offense in 3 games 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

"the schedule gets easier" 

they play Philadelphia - a team they have never beaten in franchise history home or away

the Cowboys are going to take over Met Life

as will the Steelers (that's an 0-3 team with half a chance)

at Jacksonville they are going to run us over 

At the Ravens is essentially unwinnable 

they play the Pats again. 

The Buffalo game is in January like -3 degrees 

the schedule is short in terms of travel distance but except for miami 2x it's harder than last season. 

and the Jets have scored 11 points on offense in 3 games 

Oh yeah, and the Rookie Super Star sensation Gardner Minshew is going to kick our ass.

The two Miami games are W’s due them not trying to win. Washington, perhaps the Bengals, Giants at a push:-

Low 2-14.

High 5-11.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

seriously 

there's like 10 fans left 

now's not the time for a circular firing squad 

just because someone is mad at the Jets doesn't mean they don't care 

in fact there's a thin line between fries and shakes 

Going to start yelling at everyone carrying an umbrella on the train. 

“Why do you love rain? You want us to all get wet? Well, if it rains it is YOUR fault and if it doesn’t YOU aren’t allowed to enjoy the sun with the rest of us, RAIN LOVER!”

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Going to start yelling at everyone carrying an umbrella on the train. 

“Why do you love rain? You want us to all get wet? Well, if it rains it is YOUR fault and if it doesn’t YOU aren’t allowed to enjoy the sun with the rest of us, RAIN LOVER!”

fans think the Jets are like Santa's sled in the movie Elf

they don't need our faith to fly 

they just have to be normal professional athletes and do things like not get mono and not get major DWIs... etc

show up and play

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

maxresdefault.jpg

“We’re going to go on a little run here,” Darnold said on a conference call with reporters. “It’s going to be fun, but it’s going to take a lot of work. I know a lot of the guys on the team are willing to put in that work.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/sam-darnold-teases-jets-tear-with-return-looming/

0-3 gets us to 1-4 which gets us to 7-6 which gets us to 9-7.

Get onboard or get out.  No SOJF's allowed.

SAR I

jack nicholson yes GIF

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they just have to be normal professional athletes and do things like not get mono and not get major DWIs... etc

show up and play

I quit believing in magical thinking after the tooth fairy left a cigar butt that smelled like scotch under my pillow.

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

show up and play

I don't think enough is made about our former LB driving the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel.  As someone who drives the Lincoln Tunnel with some regularity, it's unfathomable how drunk you'd need to be to do this.  Though, the real story of all of that was that he could reach the steering wheel with those T-Rex arms.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don't think enough is made about our former LB driving the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel.  As someone who's drives the Lincoln Tunnel with some regularity, it's unfathomable how drunk you'd need to be to do this.  Though, the real story of all of that was that he could reach the steering wheel with those T-Rex arms.

Drunk enough to draft Jachia Polite?

• Haha 1