SB Halftime Show - Shake that...

prime21

11 hours ago, TNJet said:

2 biggest skanks in the music industry in the same night. It will be truly epic. Too bad I use this time to heat up more nachos, wings and put more beer in the cooler.

maybe we can look forward to some Patty Labelle epic lip sync failures from J-Lo who can't sing to save her life

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, varjet said:

Jenny from the Block is from the Bronx.  I don’t know how she got associated with Miami.

Now Pitbull, Gloria Estefan and Flor-ida would be good.

Pitball is all Miami. 

I just spent 5 days there,  Returned yesterday.  It is a special place. 

J-Lo Has lived in Miami a really long time and it's pretty much her home now. 

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes, if there’s one thing that can quell the anger of middle-aged male Caucasian rage resulting from gorgeous Latinas dancing for 15 minutes, it’s a bunch of dudes growling in German amidst pyrotechnics. 

Du...du hast...du hast mich..

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I can get the Motley hate (even though I like them), but come up with a better option than AC/DC. Every song sounds the same with the same boring drum beat.

If we want a little balls, bring in Metallica

Wrong on both accounts. Everyone that says all their songs sound the same don't know anything about them. Thunderstruck, hells bellls, back in black, especially Bon stuff such as Let there be rock and bad boy boogie sound nothing alike look them up. Compare stiff upper lip to war machine. Try it. I like Metallica alot, no hate there. I always preferred Megadeth though Mustaine and Friedman always out shred Hetfield and Hammett.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Wrong on both accounts. Everyone that says all their songs sound the same don't know anything about them. Thunderstruck, hells bellls, back in black, especially Bon stuff such as Let there be rock and bad boy boogie sound nothing alike look them up. Compare stiff upper lip to war machine. Try it. I like Metallica alot, no hate there. I always preferred Megadeth though Mustaine and Friedman always out shred Hetfield and Hammett.

We'll agree to disagree. Phil Rudd and Cliff Williams' playing always bored the heck out of me. To each his own. Musical tastes are very subjective.

I mentioned Metallica because they are more known and mainstream. I like Megadeth. Neither will ever sniff a Super Bowl halftime show.

More of an Anthrax fan myself

20 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

We'll agree to disagree. Phil Rudd and Cliff Williams' playing always bored the heck out of me. To each his own. Musical tastes are very subjective.

I mentioned Metallica because they are more known and mainstream. I like Megadeth. Neither will ever sniff a Super Bowl halftime show.

More of an Anthrax fan myself

Spreading the disease is my favorite album of theirs. Then sound of white noise. Yes I agree great bands never sniff halftime shows. I never sniff cookie cutter ****s like JLo or Taylor Swift either because I already know they stink lol. Ac/Dc isn't technical, even I know that but they have always been great at what they do. Fabulous live band as well I've seen them live. They were before the thrash guys of the early 80s yet James and Dave M. Have both mentioned Malcolm and Angus Young being huge influences on their music. I guess its just a changing of the times. Good rock is what drives me. In any form or fashion. To bad talented musicians are all getting old and dying before my eyes.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, TNJet said:

Spreading the disease is my favorite album of theirs. 

Image result for you are a man of culture

On 9/27/2019 at 8:01 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes, if there’s one thing that can quell the anger of middle-aged male Caucasian rage resulting from gorgeous Latinas dancing for 15 minutes, it’s a bunch of dudes growling in German amidst pyrotechnics. 

I'm just thinking of the reactions from the demographic that only watches the Half Time show, if Rammstein did play it. The only other option I'd pick would have been Gorgoroth, but they've toned things down since the split with Gaahl. 

11 hours ago, TNJet said:

Spreading the disease is my favorite album of theirs. Then sound of white noise. Yes I agree great bands never sniff halftime shows. I never sniff cookie cutter ****s like JLo or Taylor Swift either because I already know they stink lol. Ac/Dc isn't technical, even I know that but they have always been great at what they do. Fabulous live band as well I've seen them live. They were before the thrash guys of the early 80s yet James and Dave M. Have both mentioned Malcolm and Angus Young being huge influences on their music. I guess its just a changing of the times. Good rock is what drives me. In any form or fashion. To bad talented musicians are all getting old and dying before my eyes.

I like Stomp 442 the best.

A Bon Scott led AC/DC would be the best SB show ever. Hell just play the whole Powerage album on the house speakers and I would be happy.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Not that lame duck Bonn Scott BS.

Back In Black, By far the best album.

Obviously someone who never heard High Voltage, Powerage, or Highway to Hell in it's entirety. Bonn was a singer,not a shouter.

You probably preferred Van Hagar to Van Halen as well.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Obviously someone who never heard High Voltage, Powerage, or Highway to Hell in it's entirety. Bonn was a singer,not a shouter.

Touché I jut hear the same stuff from people about AC/DC. Often ones who’ve never heard of seen them.

I personally like Brian Johnson more. They are the best Scottish band, with an English lead singer, who pretend to be Australian ?

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I liked both incarnations of AC/DC and VH. Different, but all good. 

Rock acts who have played the halftime; the Stones, the Who, Springsteen, U2, ZZ Top, Tom Petty, Sting, Prince. Vaguely recall Aerosmith but Steven Tyler will show up to open your mail if the check is 4 figures. 

The Phil Rudd being an indifferent player; every time I saw them he was chainsmoking the whole show like he was bored. Perhaps when you kidnap young girls to take them to your private island for epic  criminal debauchery, playing Giants Stadium is not a big deal. Hunting of men or women and all that. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Touché I jut hear the same stuff from people about AC/DC. Often ones who’ve never heard of seen them.

I personally like Brian Johnson more. They are the best Scottish band, with an English lead singer, who pretend to be Australian ?

Isn't Brian Johnson Welsh? 

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

I liked both incarnations of AC/DC and VH. Different, but all good. 

Rock acts who have played the halftime; the Stones, the Who, Springsteen, U2, ZZ Top, Tom Petty, Sting, Prince. Vaguely recall Aerosmith but Steven Tyler will show up to open your mail if the check is 4 figures. 

The Phil Rudd being an indifferent player; every time I saw them he was chainsmoking the whole show like he was bored. Perhaps when you kidnap young girls to take them to your private island for epic  criminal debauchery, playing Giants Stadium is not a big deal. Hunting of men or women and all that. 

LOL. WTF does that have to do with liking the Older version of a band?

Think of it this way: Ask Metallica fans what they think of the Black Album? Great Album but it was the mainstream version of the band. Same goes for AC/DC with Back in Black.

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well I've seen both versions of the band and I'm here to tell ya that the Bonn Scott led version put on 10 times the show. To each his own I guess.