Let's go Yankees

Maxman

11 hours ago, JetPotato said:

George hired the people that won the late 90's championships. He also won in the late 70's multiple times before all that. And 2009 was on his watch as well. Hr bought a team for a few million and turned it into something worth BILLIONS. So much for "running it into the ground".

Meanwhile, since he has gone, his sons have won absolutely nothing, and the Yankees are no longer viewed as the top franchise in the game.

George went through 10 managers in the 80s.  He forced poor trades, fired people left and right.  

Stick michael rebuilt that team.  Yankee fans cheered when George was kicked out

• Upvote 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

Well, a three true outcomes team underachieved in the playoffs, so it’s time for the stupidest people in the known universe to start bleating about how the way to win in October is with a lineup of nine Juan Pierres

Not like you dude. Had a few tonite?

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Well, a three true outcomes team underachieved in the playoffs, so it’s time for the stupidest people in the known universe to start bleating about how the way to win in October is with a lineup of nine Juan Pierres

No, they have to buy every starting pitcher in the MLB and in South America for next year, then they will be ok. Oh, plus more sauce.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Say this again, in English.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I literally just said "there's no way they walk off Chapman" and "He's going to pitch around Altuve".

I'm actually starting to fear how much of a jinx I am.

Then dont watch the game on Monday.  Take one for the team.  We can't afford to take chances.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

houston astros GIF by MLB

@SAR I 

I’m not upset at all. Yankees will win it next year. 

And I didn’t want them to win this series playing that badly.  I wouldn’t have accepted the victory under those circumstances, wouldn’t have gone to the parade either.  We’ll do it the right way next year. Something to look forward to. 

SAR I 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I find all these Mets fans acting like the Yankees losing is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to them funny. I get it you hate us but there’s no reason to be bragging, the Mets didn’t even make the postseason and are many years a laughingstock.

It’s like Islanders fans winning those Cups all those years ago and finding out that no one cared. They marched around in those jerseys and all the Long Island girls still only wanted to go out with Manhattan guys in business suits. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

It’s like Islanders fans winning those Cups all those years ago and finding out that no one cared. They marched around in those jerseys and all the Long Island girls still only wanted to go out with Manhattan guys in business suits. 

SAR I

It’s still the only stretch of success they’ve ever had. Just like the Mets they’re losers and their fans have to cling to a few years. 

4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I find all these Mets fans acting like the Yankees losing is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to them funny. I get it you hate us but there’s no reason to be bragging, the Mets didn’t even make the postseason and are many years a laughingstock.

Come on. If the Mets got walked off like the Yankee did tonight you would be laying it on pretty good as you well know. Take it like a Man.

• Upvote 3