Record after the Next 7 games: @Jax, @Mia, NY, @Wash, Oak, @Cin, Mia

Mike135

Record after the Next 7 games: @Jax, @Mia, NY, @Wash, Oak, @Cin, Mia  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Come week 15, what will the Jets record be?

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

This was my feel.  Hard to predict which 3 they win, but will find 3 out of the 7 to win.  That is a post-NE pessimistic view.  If they get their act together maybe its 4/7, so their record will be 4-9 or 5-8.

I’m thinking they split with Miami and beat Washington and Cincinnati.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders are blowing the Jets out of their own stadium.   You will see what a real offense line looks like.( still haven’t  yet been able to put out their starting offense line- getting close).  Raiders three headed Te corps( Waller , Moreau , And Carrier)  is lethal.  Jets lbs, and safeties are losing those matchups all day,

Josh Jacobs like he has all year is running the football down the Jets throat.( Jet front seven Is no match for the Raiders offense line.     Raiders Wr which is hurting right now is massive. 6’4 205 Tyrell Williams , M Ateman 6’4 215 , Zay Jones 6’2 205 , Keelan Doss 6’3 215.

Sam Darnold going to be crying he’s seeing dead pirates.  

Carr's fumble through the EZ at Green Bay was gutless and a game losing play

here's an idea, Carr: Hold on to the ball with 2 hands, you're not Shaquille ONeil

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

More ambitious than retaining Gase, spending the 1 on the best available OG, and hoping that next year will look any different?

I would say that firing a coach after one year and trying to hire a viable new coach while sporting a quarterback that you’re openly acknowledging as being already ruined would, in fact, be the more challenging path forward. 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders are blowing the Jets out of their own stadium.   You will see what a real offense line looks like.( still haven’t  yet been able to put out their starting offense line- getting close).  Raiders three headed Te corps( Waller , Moreau , And Carrier)  is lethal.  Jets lbs, and safeties are losing those matchups all day,

Josh Jacobs like he has all year is running the football down the Jets throat.( Jet front seven Is no match for the Raiders offense line.     Raiders Wr which is hurting right now is massive. 6’4 205 Tyrell Williams , M Ateman 6’4 215 , Zay Jones 6’2 205 , Keelan Doss 6’3 215.

Sam Darnold going to be crying he’s seeing dead pirates.  

Please forward this to blah blah blah he’s a poster here ?

It's crazy how most Jet fans didn't think the Jets could beat the Pats but still believed they could win 6-7 games BEFORE the Pats game.

Now most Jet fans seem to think the Jets can't sweep the miserable Dolphins or beat the Raiders or winless Bengals or Roethlisberger-less Steelers. I mean, even the Bills. The Jets SHOULD have beaten them if not for a terrible kicker situation that should have never happened. Either way, they were right there with them and the Bills are 5-1. The Bills have played NOBODY so far. Yes, they have a good defense but they lost to the Pats and beat the Jets, Giants, Dolphins, Titans, and Bengals. I mean, anyone who is slotting them into the playoffs right now needs to slow their roll. The Jets may very well be playing spoilers week 17.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would say that firing a coach after one year and trying to hire a viable new coach while sporting a quarterback that you’re openly acknowledging as being already ruined would, in fact, be the more challenging path forward. 

So the logic is that if we fire Gase, the Jets job, which you have repeatedly said is toxic, will become...more toxic?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Carr's fumble through the EZ at Green Bay was gutless and a game losing play

here's an idea, Carr: Hold on to the ball with 2 hands, you're not Shaquille ONeil

Raiders before that fumble were in position to go up by 4 at half.  Next time they got the ball on offense, they were down 17 .

Raiders move the ball on the ground, and through the air all game.  That’s without the best Rt in the game Trent Brown , and Wr corps missing there top players.  It’s scary Do think what the Raiders offense could have been with Antonio Brown .( last piece needed on offense true number 1 wr) .   

Every Raider fan  before the season started - looking at their schedule,  would take a 3-3 record .   They win this week in Houston they are sitting pretty for a playoff spot. ( very big game) .  

This team is extremely young on both sides of the ball , they were never going to be contenders this year.    7th most money to spend in Fa, and 2 number 1’s + 3 number 3’s = Just might put them in position to compete with the top teams.

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

So, if we don't lose to the Redskins we will go 10-6?

No, then we'll lose to Miami once.  The Jets always have a head-scratching easy game that we blow.  Study your Jets history.  It explains why this is a playoff season.  Because every Jets playoff season since 2001 has looked just like this one.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

That’s without the best Rt in the game Trent Brown 

yeah... what's up with Trent Brown? 

He's hurt but also getting sued for assault? is this dude spiraling or what? 

also where's Gabe Jackson 

I definitely agree the Raiders will smoke the Jets btw and Jones is the truth at RB 

your defense is garbagio tho and Carr is super suspect 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. 

This is so true and unfortunate. Our window was when we fired Bowles. After showing that we were VERY patient and not a circus, we could attract any coach. Firing Mac after Bowles was mistake #1. Firing Gase so soon would be mistake #2 although I am VERY down on him.

It’s going to take at least 2 offseasons to even acquire the right players so we might as well stick with him in the short term. He is on a short leash though and has really underwhelmed.

I am all for giving Gase a chance but the product on the field is downright disturbing and lack of adjustments/playing to your player’s strengths, is alarming. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is so true and unfortunate. Our window was when we fired Bowles. After showing that we were VERY patient and not a circus, we could attract any coach. Firing Mac after Bowles was mistake #1. Firing Gase so soon would be mistake #2 although I am VERY down on him.

It’s going to take at least 2 offseasons to even acquire the right players so we might as well stick with him in the short term. He is on a short leash though and has really underwhelmed.

I am all for giving Gase a chance but the product on the field is downright disturbing and lack of adjustments/playing to your player’s strengths, is alarming. 

Agree on all counts: they had no chance to hire a big coach as long as Maccagnan was here, which is why they settled for Gase, and now they can’t fire Gase because he was saddled with a roster that was so bad they had to fire the GM after the draft. Everyone knows how bad the Jets roster is top to bottom, and if ownership chooses to punish Gase for that inside of a year, ain’t nobody taking this job, ever. There are two paths to getting Gase out of here early: 1. He gets offered a college HC gig that he can’t turn down, or 2. Darnold goes up in absolute flames the rest of the season and Gase doesn’t find a way to intervene in his immolation. 2 is more likely, obviously, but anything short of Darnold going full Akili Smith means that Gase is going to get a shot to shape the roster to his liking. He hasn’t been good and there are extremely troubling signs, but as a practical matter, you can’t do anything about it until he has an offseason or two to get this garbage barge heading in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

they beat Miami but only once

just wait until this team loses to Miami a team spending 80 mil less on players ... that will be the actual low point of the season 

they might eek one out against Washington 

they are bad as F right now 

3-10? 4-9 maybe if someone looks past them like Dallas did 

would you like to wager that they will have more than 3 wins?  

i will need odds because i am not a guru and just a fan.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Agree on all counts: they had no chance to hire a big coach as long as Maccagnan was here, which is why they settled for Gase, and now they can’t fire Gase because he was saddled with a roster that was so bad they had to fire the GM after the draft. Everyone knows how bad the Jets roster is top to bottom, and if ownership chooses to punish Gase for that inside of a year, ain’t nobody taking this job, ever. There are two paths to getting Gase out of here early: 1. He gets offered a college HC gig that he can’t turn down, or 2. Darnold goes up in absolute flames the rest of the season and Gase doesn’t find a way to intervene in his immolation. 2 is more likely, obviously, but anything short of Darnold going full Akili Smith means that Gase is going to get a shot to shape the roster to his liking. He hasn’t been good and there are extremely troubling signs, but as a practical matter, you can’t do anything about it until he has an offseason or two to get this garbage barge heading in the right direction. 

We can’t do anything until after Gase’s 2nd year to create the “illusion” of patience and stability again and having “no choice” but to fire him after only 2 years. This only happens if he is atrocious and overall opinion would support his firing. The media and league would have to feel the same way. We might as well buckle up and focus on acquiring talent at the right positions while the coaching situation sorts itself out. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, then we'll lose to Miami once.  The Jets always have a head-scratching easy game that we blow.  Study your Jets history.  It explains why this is a playoff season.  Because every Jets playoff season since 2001 has looked just like this one.

SAR I

the first buffalo loss was the head scratcher.  we are done with them for the year

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you said 3-10.  so that includes the dallas win. 

25 bucks to charity of the others choice.  (or more if you want).  

said 3-10 and 4-9

if you want "Total Jets wins" at 4.5, i'll take the under

that means you think they are winning 3 more games this year - dallas and 3 more 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah... what's up with Trent Brown? 

He's hurt but also getting sued for assault? is this dude spiraling or what? 

also where's Gabe Jackson 

I definitely agree the Raiders will smoke the Jets btw and Jones is the truth at RB 

your defense is garbagio tho and Carr is super suspect 

The key thing  to remember with Trent Brown is that  he was never arrested or prosecuted.( it was a case she said, he said - can’t see NFL suspend for that( there is no tape) .   See Tyrek Hill.
Gabe Jackson played for the first time last week all season as he coming off knee  injury sustain in training camp practice against the Rams.( Raiders kept him on active roster) . Played great this Sunday.  Has a little swelling after playing the whole game.   He will be fine - probably limit his practice time but play every week.  

Rt David Sharpe played pretty well in relief of a brown, but had two holding calls that took two big pass plays away .  Not to mention he’s no Trent Brown- one of the top Rt in the game,    When T Brown Is  back , and with healthy Gabe Jackson Raiders easily have top five offense line.

Carr has played very well this year despite missing his wr Corp.  ( Tyrell Williams - there best Wr missed a couple games already with plantar fasciitis ( Sp?)   and Zay Jones - traded a 2021 fifth rounder for  - isn’t up to speed yet.    Very young wr Corp they start.      Raiders strength is the Te position.   Have three Te’s that all can block and  catch the football. That group only gets better when they get back Tyrell Williams and Zay Jones . 
jacobs and Fb Alec Ingold - both rookies have been very impressive. 
Only piece on offense they are missing is true number 1 wr .  They get that in next year draft.

The defense is very young .Fa  Lamarcus Joyner Has been the biggest disappointment as nickel cb.( think he starts to play more natural safety). G Conley Has  been the second biggest disappointment- traded him to Houston,   The Raiders are  going to give their rookie cbs a shot.( T Mullen, I Johnson - been on Ir - fracture his face on freak play in first preseason game - week 8 he’s back,  and K Nixon ) more playing time. 
Raiders very young defense line will abuse the Jets offense line.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The key thing  to remember with Trent Brown is that  he was never arrested or prosecuted.( it was a case she said, he said - can’t see NFL suspend for that( there is no tape) .   See Tyrek Hill.
Gabe Jackson played for the first time last week all season as he coming off knee  injury sustain in training camp practice against the Rams.( Raiders kept him on active roster) . Played great this Sunday.  Has a little swelling after playing the whole game.   He will be fine - probably limit his practice time but play every week.  

Rt David Sharpe played pretty well in relief of a brown, but had two holding calls that took two big pass plays away .  Not to mention he’s no Trent Brown- one of the top Rt in the game,    When T Brown Is  back , and with healthy Gabe Jackson Raiders easily have top five offense line.

Carr has played very well this year despite missing his wr Corp.  ( Tyrell Williams - there best Wr missed a couple games already with plantar fasciitis ( Sp?)   and Zay Jones - traded a 2021 fifth rounder for  - isn’t up to speed yet.    Very young wr Corp they start.      Raiders strength is the Te position.   Have three Te’s that all can block and  catch the football. That group only gets better when they get back Tyrell Williams and Zay Jones . 
jacobs and Fb Alec Ingold - both rookies have been very impressive. 
Only piece on offense they are missing is true number 1 wr .  They get that in next year draft.

The defense is very young .Fa  Lamarcus Joyner Has been the biggest disappointment as nickel cb.( think he starts to play more natural safety). G Conley Has  been the second biggest disappointment- traded him to Houston,   The Raiders are  going to give their rookie cbs a shot.( T Mullen, I Johnson - been on Ir - fracture his face on freak play in first preseason game - week 8 he’s back,  and K Nixon ) more playing time. 
Raiders very young defense line will abuse the Jets offense line.

Going way out on a limb with this prediction huh? 

Seriously though, if your Dline doesn''t abuse us you should be worried as a Raider fan. Four warm bodies is pretty much all you need. The Jets will do the rest.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

OK but where is Trent Brown? it's suspicious he got this calf injury in practice on the day all that news breaks and they are starting Sharpe

my question is he really hurt 

there is a reason this man mountain from the SEC fell to the 7th 

12 hours ago, batman10023 said:

I think they win four or more.  So how about 3 wins you win. 5 or more I win and 4 is a push

to review: 

the vegas line on the season was 6.5 essentially 7 wins to beat the house 

at 1-5 they are 6 games deep (37.5%) into the schedule and facing the weaker 10 games of the schedule  

so for total wins I offered to take the under on 4.5 (I win at 4-12), you're countering with 4  (allowing for a push at 4-12) 

tbh I feel boxed in at 3-13, there are probably 4 winnable games left (@MIA, MIA, @WAS, @CIN) 

I want 4.5 because they'd have to win them all for me to lose the bet - they have to get to 5-11 at least for me to make a donation. some team will probably look past them like Dallas did 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

to review: 

the vegas line on the season was 6.5 essentially 7 wins to beat the house 

at 1-5 they are 6 games deep (37.5%) into the schedule and facing the weaker 10 games of the schedule  

so for total wins I offered to take the under on 4.5 (I win at 4-12), you're countering with 4  (allowing for a push at 4-12) 

tbh I feel boxed in at 3-13, there are probably 4 winnable games left (@MIA, MIA, @WAS, @CIN) 

I want 4.5 because they'd have to win them all for me to lose the bet - they have to get to 5-11 at least for me to make a donation. some team will probably look past them like Dallas did 

they you probably shouldn't have made your prediction of 3-13.

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

they you probably shouldn't have made your prediction of 3-13.

my prediction was 3-10 

this thread is about their record after the next 7 games 

we made it about the whole season 

it might essentially be the same thing as the last 3 games look tough 

but I'm keeping the line at 4.5 how much faith do you have my friend ? 

they can't beat Mia x2, cin and wash? 

what does that say about your side that you want a push a 4 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

my prediction was 3-10 

this thread is about their record after the next 7 games 

we made it about the whole season 

it might essentially be the same thing as the last 3 games look tough 

but I'm keeping the line at 4.5 how much faith do you have my friend ? 

they can't beat Mia x2, cin and wash? 

what does that say about your side that you want a push a 4 

brb.  so to clarify, you want to win if the jets are 4-12 or worse.  i only win if it's 5-11 (or better)

• Upvote 1