When you are 2-7 your goal should be..

JetsFanatic

Try not to destroy the quarterback by getting him killed or destroying his confidence forever. 

Hope like hell Joe Douglas actually knows what he’s doing to rebuild the core of this team. 

DON’T waste the high pick on another quarterback!!! Build the core of the team.

Don't waste high picks on skill players!!

Build the core of the team first- then see if the quarterback is the right guy when he’s not running for his life - then get skill players to compliment the rest of the hopefully well  built team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Winning nothing else matter. 

Hello! I approve this message. Last week I like what I saw from the Jets. This team was 1-7 coming off of a loss to the Dolphins - actually that road loss doesn't look so bad now after we saw Fitz rip the horseshoes off the Colts. The proverbial wheels could have come off the Jets vs the Giants this past Sunday, but this team fought for our bug-eyed coach! God damn it, it made me feel good, well at least for a moment. I want to feel that winning feeling for the rest of the season. I don't give a crap where we are picking in the first round in 2020. I'd love for the Jets to be a playoff spoiler against the Raiders and the Bills. I'm mostly hoping the Bills need a win to get in the playoffs, and with a Jets win they take the playoffs away from the Bills. I'm rooting for the Browns to miss the playoffs too. I don't want Mayfield or Allen making the playoffs before Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Try not to destroy the quarterback by getting him killed or destroying his confidence forever. 

Hope like hell Joe Douglas actually knows what he’s doing to rebuild the core of this team. 

Build the core of the team first- then see if the quarterback is the right guy when he’s not running for his life - then get skill players to compliment the rest of the hopefully we’ll built team.

Nailed it, Oline, Edge, Corner.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Build the core of the team first- then see if the quarterback is the right guy when he’s not running for his life - then get skill players to compliment the rest of the hopefully we’ll built team.

Then complain that the quarterback can't be expected to succeed without weapnz!!

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Then complain that the quarterback can't be expected to succeed without weapnz!!

Weapons are ( for the most part ) a dime a dozen. Yes- there are a few that are a hall of game level- but often if you build the team the right way you can succeed with guys like Anderson, Crowder Herndon etc etc. Not the same exact players necessarily but players of the same ilk.

How many fantastic skill players haves the Pats Seahawks and others that have brought home the Lombardi trophy had?

Conversely how many team with great skill players never win championships?

Goal right now is to see if Sam develops.  W-L is secondary. 

I just want to see Sam play well, and to do it consistently over a stretch of games.  I really do not want to go into the offseason thinking he may be a bust.  Just show us enough have some optimism heading into 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Goal right now is to see if Sam develops.  W-L is secondary. 

I just want to see Sam play well, and to do it consistently over a stretch of games.  I really do not want to go into the offseason thinking he may be a bust.  Just show us enough have some optimism heading into 2020.

+1 

Look, let not be greedy here. who cares what the record looks like anymore. the goal should be trying to have Darnold stack good games. That’s what this team needs more than anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hello! I approve this message. Last week I like what I saw from the Jets. This team was 1-7 coming off of a loss to the Dolphins - actually that road loss doesn't look so bad now after we saw Fitz rip the horseshoes off the Colts. The proverbial wheels could have come off the Jets vs the Giants this past Sunday, but this team fought for our bug-eyed coach! God damn it, it made me feel good, well at least for a moment. I want to feel that winning feeling for the rest of the season. I don't give a crap where we are picking in the first round in 2020. I'd love for the Jets to be a playoff spoiler against the Raiders and the Bills. I'm mostly hoping the Bills need a win to get in the playoffs, and with a Jets win they take the playoffs away from the Bills. I'm rooting for the Browns to miss the playoffs too. I don't want Mayfield or Allen making the playoffs before Darnold. 

we've seen fitz make some pretty darn good games and win some games.  he's just not that consistent and will eventually fail bigly.  as for the bills, we've seen this movie before.  they start out hot and peter out at the end.  maybe they can win 10.  it sure seemed like they'd win 11 or 12.

34 minutes ago, rangerous said:

we've seen fitz make some pretty darn good games and win some games.  he's just not that consistent and will eventually fail bigly.  as for the bills, we've seen this movie before.  they start out hot and peter out at the end.  maybe they can win 10.  it sure seemed like they'd win 11 or 12.

The Bills still have to go to Dallas, Pittsburgh, and New England and have a home game against Baltimore.

10 is going to be tough