### Jets \ Raiders -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

^says guy who never goes to games and mocks loyal PSL holders

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the toilet bowl this morning. 

You anger towards me is duly noted and I didn't know you worked at Taco Bell. 

Go drink the hair of the dog that bit you and lighten up Francis. 

Enjoy the game better check the batteries on your transistor radio, 

• Haha 2

Haha. The Raiders D looks like another Redskins/Giants D. 

Their offense is a different story though. I think our D is going to have their hands full. I’m excited to watch Bless Austin. Good or bad. We’re going to learn a little bit more about him.

The good news is that the Raiders are going to want yo run the ball especially in the rain. The jets D is currently the number one run defense in the league. While we all know that’s a a tricky stat with our passing D being as weak as it is, we still do a good job of holding good RB’s in check.

The rain will at least make it a bit more difficult for the Raiders passing game to pick up all of the slack if their running game is stunted by our big DL. So our defense really is matched up nicely against the strength of their offense.

Now... what does that mean for our offense? Probably the same thing but the Raiders pass defense might just be worse than ours and hopefully Griffin is just giddy about his contract extension and plays lights out. The short passing game to the big guys like Griffin, Brown and Wesco could be just what the doctor ordered for today. Add to that the quick slants to Crowder.

I feel good about our chances and am looking for a good competitive game. Should be fun.

Go Jets!!!

Jets 24

Raiders 17

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I have to say though.  I do give Mark Davis props.  Hes weird.  He's unconventional.  He's screwed other parties connected to the Raiders out of potential ownership. His head coaching choices don't follow league trends. And if he in any way has financial connections to mob bookies... then hes totally Al Davis' son in every way.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Good run I had a similar run about 23 years, why are you home on the couch now eating stale pretzels. 

Couldn't take it anymore . The Jets organization treated the tailgaters like garbage . I couldn't fight with the morons who manned the parking lots anymore . About 5 home playoff games over that period has a lot to do with it . When the tailgate was better than the product on the field , it was time to hang up the spatula . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Couldn't take it anymore . The Jets organization treated the tailgaters like garbage . I couldn't fight with the morons who manned the parking lots anymore . About 5 home playoff games over that period has a lot to do with it . When the tailgate was better than the product on the field , it was time to hang up the spatula . 

The way they handled the seniority seating started the demise for me, I was pushed back further in my LL seats that acquired a hefty PSL fee. Paying a mortgage, property taxes and 2 college tuition bills looming I opted out, tried 1 season in MetLife in the UD and hated it barely attended any games that season. When we attend now we choose where we want to sit and pay the price sometimes row 1 LL or other times my neighbors company has 8 corporate seats and pay nothing. I do really like the MEZZ with club access if I buy back in thats where i'm thinking. 

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Who also cried a river when he didn’t bring rain gear last year and had to buy it at the stadium ?

Wasn't me buddy. Didn't attend any games in the rain last season. Only game I was at was the Vikings game and it was colder and windier than ever. We froze (under dressed) but no rain gear needed. I mentioned not paying $150 for a blanket for the wife, instead I took off sweatshirt and gave it to her. You have me mistaken. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Guy puts out a self-serving personal highlight reel on game day and ten seconds in the n-word is used in the backing track the same week the Garrett controversy was headline news. This dude lives in his own narcissistic little world.

Jamal is the guy that after the other team scores a TD and the defense is pissed on the sideline say “But guys did you see me stuff that running play for 1 yard.”

• Thumb Down 2