Will We Ever See Adams Again In A Jet Uniform???

KRL

1 minute ago, genot said:

Revis for 4 or 5 years was one of the best corner backs who ever played. Not many interceptions during that time. why? Nobody threw his way. when Adams is in coverage, why would a team throw his way? You might not think he's all that much. He is clearly the best player in that secondary. you would agree with that. No?

Revis was an all time great at one of the most difficult to play positions in the sport. This is like comparing Adams interception totals to Lawrence Taylor’s

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

I like adams but if we can get a 1st and a 2nd for him I trade him in a heart beat

I agree. 

I am a huge Adams fan, which seems obvious considering how great of a player he is, but outside of Darnold, there isn't a player on this team that I wouldn't trade for the right price. A 1st and 2nd, seems like a good price for a player of Adams ability. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if they draft a center that starts for them for ten years? 

It wasn't worth Abraham.  I'm not sure it would be worth Adams.  Adams for Mangold straight up?  There is a good chance that I would take Adams.  I'd need a 1 plus for Adams.  Especially if the 1 is in the bottom half.  Just like I didn't want to pick a safety at 6 overall, I don't want to pick a center. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

Just now, TeddEY said:

Well, then we still didn't pay a substantial percentage of our salary cap to a whiny strong safety.  So, it's still a win?

To you it is. You pay him what the market tells you to pay him. That's up to the GM. if Adams wants a substantial amount more. Then let him walk. We aren't at that point yet. I think Adams is one of the best defensive players in the league. Top 10, for sure. that's just my view on him.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Revis was an all time great at one of the most difficult to play positions in the sport. This is like comparing Adams interception totals to Lawrence Taylor’s

You mentioned his interception totals. My point was if nobody is throwing your way, how can those interceptions happen. I. E. Revis

1 hour ago, KRL said:

The Jets got TWO picks for a JAG like Williams.  Getting three picks for an impact player

is not crazy

Not crazy at all. I think Joe could get a package a little less than the Jags got for Jalen Ramsey. Instead of two 1st rd picks perhaps they could gets a 1st in 2020, a 2nd in 2021, and perhaps a player we could use entering the last few years of their rookie contract....if we lose that player in 2022 we could potentially get a supplemental draft pick for him. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Victor Green had 21 INTS after 6 years...   Adams wont be close... 

too busy get stonewalled on blitzes

• Upvote 3

Just now, Losmeister said:

Victor Green had 21 INTS after 6 years...   Adams wont be close... 

too busy get stonewalled on blitzes

Why do you look look at Adams in a vacuum. Meaning, they're are obvious reasons why he plays, where he plays on the jet's defense. Plus, they're are obvious reasons why his production is skewed in one direction.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

Why do you look look at Adams in a vacuum. Meaning, they're are obvious reasons why he plays, where he plays on the jet's defense. Plus, they're are obvious reasons why his production is skewed in one direction.

no vacuum...   NFL observer for 40 yrs plus....

comparing to safeties who were actually great

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, genot said:

To you it is. You pay him what the market tells you to pay him. That's up to the GM. if Adams wants a substantial amount more. Then let him walk. We aren't at that point yet. I think Adams is one of the best defensive players in the league. Top 10, for sure. that's just my view on him.

But, you also thought Macc was good, so...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I sure hope he's played his last game here.  He can help us far more in a fair trade than he can by being the central piece in the defense.  

We get it.  Adams is asked to do "a lot", and it doesn't help us in the W/L column.  Know what will help us in the W/L column?  Finding the next Ferguson/Mangold.  It will be a lot more possible to do that if we have multiple first rounders plus an extra mid-rounder or 2 for other positions that matter.  

Douglas did not draft Jamal Adams.  And just because he's not a bust doesn't mean we HAVE to keep him and pay him CB1 money like he's going to be looking for.  What we need is for Douglas to have as many picks as possible, in THIS draft.  We need to assume Douglas is good at drafting, or else we're screwed regardless of whether we keep Jamal or not. 

And if your answer is "just trade down".....sure, I'm good with that.  Do that AND trade Adams.  It's not like we're ending up with a top 3 pick, so we're not likely going to be able to fleece teams in a trade down.  We should be able to fleece a team in a Jamal trade.  

We also need to take advantage of the window of having Darnold on a cheap rookie deal.  That means giving him help.  That means an all-out assault on improving the offense.  F*ck the defense.  We've invested far too many resources over the years on that unit.  If you like Gregg Williams and think he'll be here a while, he should be able to cobble together a decent defensive unit with what he has and maybe a new CB and/or Edge rusher. 

It's time to rebuild the offensive line that has been neglected for nearly a decade.  This draft class also has some nice WR's.  Focus on that, not the defense.  An Adams trade can accomplish exactly that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

fwiw, Lamar Jackson in an interview...  asked about being compared to other QBs... 

first Vick and Cunningham then after to Brees, Brady...       those guys had made theyir mark on the NFLand he said he was just starting out and hadnt done anything yet so that his name shouldnt be mentioned with them...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I sure hope he's played his last game here.  He can help us far more in a fair trade than he can by being the central piece in the defense.  

We get it.  Adams is asked to do "a lot", and it doesn't help us in the W/L column.  Know what will help us in the W/L column?  Finding the next Ferguson/Mangold.  It will be a lot more possible to do that if we have multiple first rounders plus an extra mid-rounder or 2 for other positions that matter.  

Douglas did not draft Jamal Adams.  And just because he's not a bust doesn't mean we HAVE to keep him and pay him CB1 money like he's going to be looking for.  What we need is for Douglas to have as many picks as possible, in THIS draft.  We need to assume Douglas is good at drafting, or else we're screwed regardless of whether we keep Jamal or not. 

And if your answer is "just trade down".....sure, I'm good with that.  Do that AND trade Adams.  It's not like we're ending up with a top 3 pick, so we're not likely going to be able to fleece teams in a trade down.  We should be able to fleece a team in a Jamal trade.  

We also need to take advantage of the window of having Darnold on a cheap rookie deal.  That means giving him help.  That means an all-out assault on improving the offense.  F*ck the defense.  We've invested far too many resources over the years on that unit.  If you like Gregg Williams and think he'll be here a while, he should be able to cobble together a decent defensive unit with what he has and maybe a new CB and/or Edge rusher. 

It's time to rebuild the offensive line that has been neglected for nearly a decade.  This draft class also has some nice WR's.  Focus on that, not the defense.  An Adams trade can accomplish exactly that.  

Lets tank for a trade down, and keep Adams. How about that. A top 5 pick in this years draft, we'll be able to get back multiple picks.

47 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ezekial Elliot was in the same position this year and he held out.  Jamal thinks he is in the category of Tom Brady etc.  if you think Adams is showing up this year w/o being the highest paid safety in the league you are crazy.

One guy did it?  Jerry Jones has also shown a propensity to fold for "his" players for years.  He also thought they would be competing for the super bowl.  If Joe Douglas acts like Jerry Jones, we are royally ****ed.  If Adams tries this, **** him.  Show a backbone, like the Steelers. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

One guy did it?  Jerry Jones has also shown a propensity to fold for "his" players for years.  He also thought they would be competing for the super bowl.  If Joe Douglas acts like Jerry Jones, we are royally ****ed.  If Adams tries this, **** him.  Show a backbone, like the Steelers. 

And we very well may.  But that doesnt change the fact that jamal adams is not playing another snap for the jets under his rookie contract terms.

Jamal Adams

It seems like Jamal Adams high ankle injury is pretty serious and with only four games left he may not make it back on the field this season.  What’s going to be interesting to watch is the play of the defense without Adams.  If they play at a respectable or better level will that put the thought in Joe Douglas head that the defense can perform well without Adams?  If that occurs I will not be shocked if Douglas pulls the trigger and looks to send Adams to the Dallas Cowboys  in the offseason.  Getting back picks over the next two years to restructure and restock the team would be more beneficial than having a high priced impact safety.  Jerry Jones isn’t happy right now and I could see him making major changes, not only in their coaching staff but in their roster.  If Douglas could get something like a #1 and #3 this year and a #2 next year the roster could get overhauled quickly.  Imagine having these picks in the draft:

#1 our own
#1 DAL
#2 our own
#3 NYG
#3 our own
#3 DAL

That would be six picks in the first 100 players in a draft that is deep at offensive line among other positions (WR, CB).  Of course if the defense collapses over the final four games you can ignore this.

Stop by our forums and tell us what you think the Jets should do with Jamal Adams.

The post Will We Ever See Adams Again In A Jet Uniform? appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
rbDGdsQHJLY

Click here to read the full story...

3 hours ago, KRL said:

It seems like Jamal Adams injury is pretty serious (high ankle?) and with only
four games left he may not make it back.  What's going to be interesting to watch
is the play of the defense.  If they play at a respectable or better level will
that put the thought in Joe Douglas head that the defense can perform well without
Adams?  If that occurs I will not be shocked if Douglas pulls the trigger and looks
to send Adams to DAL in the off-season.  Getting back picks over the next two years
to restructure and restock the team would be more beneficial than having a high
priced impact safety.  Jerry Jones isn't happy with DAL and I could see him making
major changes, not only in their coaching staff but in their roster.  If Douglas
could get something like a #1 and #3 this year and a #2 next year the roster could
get overhauled quickly.  Imagine having these picks in the draft:

#1 our own
#1 DAL 
#2 our own
#3 NYG
#3 our own
#3 DAL 

That would be SIX picks in the first 100 players in a draft that is deep at OLine
among other positions (WR, CB).  Of course if the defense collapses over the final
four games you can ignore this

Ok, first off Dallad will not offer anything close to that. This isn't  a QB we are trading. 

Secondly,  plain and simple, the Jets are a worse team without Adams. Trading him make the team worse unleas you hit on every pick you get which will lokely be a second maybe a first round pick. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

1, 3 AND a 2 for a guy who is clearly not happy to be here and is probably thisclose to holding out? Unlikely.

The Jets would be lucky to get the 1+ that Dallas offered at the trade deadline.

As to the topic: Nah, he's checked out mentally. He'll be gone by TC

you do realize that Jamal Adams is under contract until the end of 2021 and then they have a 5th year option that can keep him locked in until the end 2022, right? 

And then really, if they wanted to, they could franchise tag him until 2023’s offseason. He isn’t going anywhere no matter how much he cries.

1 hour ago, genot said:

Revis for 4 or 5 years was one of the best corner backs who ever played. Not many interceptions during that time. why? Nobody threw his way. when Adams is in coverage, why would a team throw his way? You might not think he's all that much. He is clearly the best player in that secondary. you would agree with that. No?

why does he get gashed in coverage sometimes then? Revis wasn’t a liability. EVER. You literally could not take a chance at Revis. You had 0 shot. He was on his man and in position to make a play no matter what.

Jamal isn’t.

and they do throw at him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Probably not, if I had to guess.

I think he gets traded.

I think he gets traded for less than Jets Fans think.

As I have said, I support trading him.  He's a very good Safety.  He'd be good to have if we were a legit competitor for a title and secure at other positions.  But we're not, we're literally entering year 1 (again) of what appears to be a full rebuild everywhere but at QB.  A very good Safety is simply a luxury we, one of the worst offensive teams of the past 10 years, cannot afford.  It's better for him, let him play for a competitor that really needs him.  It's better for us, multiple picks can and should be used to build around Sam Darnold, specifically.  We must become relevant again, and the route to that is not Defense, it's Offense and Sam.  Good luck to Adams, but we have our own path to plow following Sam.

Eh, I don't see this team as 'rebuilding everywhere but QB'. I know a lot of fans are really negative about this team and point to the record and playoff drought and fairly so, but I just don't think this roster, when healthy, is as bad as a lot of fans say it is. 

Lets just start off by stating the obvious and that is that apart from ILB and DL, the Jets are lacking Depth all over. But that is true of a lot of teams, good and bad. It's just how the NFL is, it's hard to have quality depth at every position.

On the Defensive side the Jets are really only lacking an impact Edge rusher and one #1 CB. Would it be better to have 2 impact edge rushers and 2 starting outside CBs? Of course. But to be a very solid defense that they can compete with they only need to add one #1 CB. 

On offense there is ONE major issue and that is the O-line. O-line need to be completely blown up and rebuilt. This will be priority #1 for JD in FA and the draft. I don;t think he can take a long term approach. I think he has to invest early round picks and add starting caliber FAs. We need a fully functional O-line by next season. It may not be dominant, but it has to be fully functional. 

The other need on offense is not a MAJOR need but its still necessary and that is an additional receiving weapon(s) for Darnold. I honestly believe that with good play-calling and protection from the o-line, the combination of Bell, Herndon, Griffin, Crowder, Robby and fill in the blank JAG vets is enough for a functional offense. However, if the Jets want to be a dangerous offense, they need to add a dangerous receiver in the draft or FA. Enunwa coming back healthy would def. help. Letting Robby walk would hurt, unless they were able to replace him with an equal or better FA.  

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

you do realize that Jamal Adams is under contract until the end of 2021 and then they have a 5th year option that can keep him locked in until the end 2022, right? 

And then really, if they wanted to, they could franchise tag him until 2023’s offseason. He isn’t going anywhere no matter how much he cries.

why does he get gashed in coverage sometimes then? Revis wasn’t a liability. EVER. You literally could not take a chance at Revis. You had 0 shot. He was on his man and in position to make a play no matter what.

Jamal isn’t.

Jamal adams is set to make 3.5 million dollars next year making him the 22nd highest paid safety in the league.

He will not play another down for the jets until they are paying him 15-16 million dollars a year.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jamal adams is set to make 3.5 million dollars next year making him the 22nd highest paid safety in the league.

He will not play another down for the jets until they are paying him 15-16 million dollars a year.

Very unlikely.

He’ll just be fined until he shows up. If he does this it will very much go against his little “i’m all about the team” personality as well.

why would he destroy the media image he has created, himself?

• Sympathy 1

Douglas doesn't seem to be an idiot.  You dont trade players with HOF potential for a late first and s 3rd.

His asking price of a 1st and 2 2nds has likely gone up.

Either they get the ransom in return thst an all pro not even in his prime deserves, or hes locked up.  

Period.

The rest of this is just mental masturbation.  Or in Tom's case, just masturbation.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Eh, I don't see this team as 'rebuilding everywhere but QB'. I know a lot of fans are really negative about this team and point to the record and playoff drought and fairly so, but I just don't think this roster, when healthy, is as bad as a lot of fans say it is. 

Lets just start off by stating the obvious and that is that apart from ILB and DL, the Jets are lacking Depth all over. But that is true of a lot of teams, good and bad. It's just how the NFL is, it's hard to have quality depth at every position.

On the Defensive side the Jets are really only lacking an impact Edge rusher and one #1 CB. Would it be better to have 2 impact edge rushers and 2 starting outside CBs? Of course. But to be a very solid defense that they can compete with they only need to add one #1 CB. 

On offense there is ONE major issue and that is the O-line. O-line need to be completely blown up and rebuilt. This will be priority #1 for JD in FA and the draft. I don;t think he can take a long term approach. I think he has to invest early round picks and add starting caliber FAs. We need a fully functional O-line by next season. It may not be dominant, but it has to be fully functional. 

The other need on offense is not a MAJOR need but its still necessary and that is an additional receiving weapon(s) for Darnold. I honestly believe that with good play-calling and protection from the o-line, the combination of Bell, Herndon, Griffin, Crowder, Robby and fill in the blank JAG vets is enough for a functional offense. However, if the Jets want to be a dangerous offense, they need to add a dangerous receiver in the draft or FA. Enunwa coming back healthy would def. help. Letting Robby walk would hurt, unless they were able to replace him with an equal or better FA.  

So, other than impact Edge rusher, #1 CB, the entire O-line, WR help, all is good and this isn’t a rebuild?  Edge Rusher, CB and LT are the hardest positions (other than QB) to find long term solutions at, plus there are 5 starting O-linemen.   If that’s not a rebuild, I don’t know what is.  This roster will be flipped on its a$$ by Douglas come next April.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Douglas doesn't seem to be an idiot.  You dont trade players with HOF potential for a late first and s 3rd.

His asking price of a 1st and 2 2nds has likely gone up.

Either they get the ransom in return thst an all pro not even in his prime deserves, or hes locked up.  

Period.

The rest of this is just mental masturbation.  Or in Tom's case, just masturbation.

I agree.  It’s either extend or trade for Adams come March. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Jamal isn’t.

He's good in coverage, meaning sometimes he gets beat. He's an elite box safety. He's a great blitzer. He plays hard every Sunday from start to finish. You have to consider that revis was a corner at all times. Adams is moved all over the place. Revis is a better corner, than Adams is a safety though. That shouldn't be a slight on Adams

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't know  why anyone thinks that we need a sh*t load of draft picks to fix the issues with this team ?

If that were the case how does NE Pats mange to get to the Super Bowl all these FREAKIN years without a high draft pick!! It's all about coaching and having the insight in making the system work with the players you have - 

Williams is that type of coach.  Gase is not.

AND it's all about preparation for the up-coming opponent. BB has it in spades - GASE does not!

Some here are delusional to think that we can fix it all by drafting high #1s every year.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Very unlikely.

He’ll just be fined until he shows up. If he does this it will very much go against his little “i’m all about the team” personality as well.

why would he destroy the media image he has created, himself?

He thinks he is underpaid by 13 million dollars a year and u think he cares about the fines and the media??

Hahahahahahaha

He is not playing another down of football until us or another team makes him the highest paid safety in the league.  

He is agent would be a moron letting him play for 3mil a year and risk him blowing out a knee and never getting the big contract.

Media and fines???  Hahahahahaha.

That was hysterical.

4 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

I don't know  why anyone thinks that we need a sh*t load of draft picks to fix the issues with this team ?

This is how football works.

you draft good.

you usually do good.

you draft bad.

you will always do bad.

okay now next..

this team needs as many chances to draft good as humanly possible being that there are so many holes on this roster from an offensive stand point. As a GM and the man in charge of the rebuild, it is your job to obtain as many chances at improving the roster as possible. Obtaining high draft picks to select impact players at the sacrifice of the strong safety position is probably what sensibly needs to be done.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He thinks he is underpaid by 13 million dollars a year and u think he cares about the fines and the media??

Hahahahahahaha

He is not playing another down of football until us or another team makes him the highest paid safety in the league.  

He is agent would be a moron letting him play for 3mil a year and risk him blowing out a knee and never getting the big contract.

Media and fines???  Hahahahahaha.

That was hysterical.

You actually think he doesn’t care what people think of him??????

thats even more funny.

the guy’s skin is made of Saran Wrap.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is how football works.

you draft good.

you usually do good.

you draft bad.

you will always do bad.

okay now next..

this team needs as many chances to draft good as humanly possible being that there are so many holes on this roster from an offensive stand point. As a GM and the man in charge of the rebuild, it is your job to obtain as many chances at improving the roster as possible. Obtaining high draft picks to select impact players at the sacrifice of the strong safety position is probably what sensibly needs to be done.

Ok, easier said than done - better time spent to steal the Pats GM and scouting team.

Anyway what's the point of drafting impact players when some ninnies here want to trade them away for......?

We didn't win WWI WWII or the Gulf war on high draft picks , lol We won on leadership and proper planning - but some  here think those are  minor attributes...

• WTF? 1