Will We Ever See Adams Again In A Jet Uniform???

KRL

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

1, 3 AND a 2 for a guy who is clearly not happy to be here and is probably thisclose to holding out? Unlikely.

The Jets would be lucky to get the 1+ that Dallas offered at the trade deadline.

As to the topic: Nah, he's checked out mentally. He'll be gone by TC

WTF

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

It seems like Jamal Adams injury is pretty serious (high ankle?) and with only
four games left he may not make it back.  What's going to be interesting to watch
is the play of the defense.  If they play at a respectable or better level will
that put the thought in Joe Douglas head that the defense can perform well without
Adams?  If that occurs I will not be shocked if Douglas pulls the trigger and looks
to send Adams to DAL in the off-season.  Getting back picks over the next two years
to restructure and restock the team would be more beneficial than having a high
priced impact safety.  Jerry Jones isn't happy with DAL and I could see him making
major changes, not only in their coaching staff but in their roster.  If Douglas
could get something like a #1 and #3 this year and a #2 next year the roster could
get overhauled quickly.  Imagine having these picks in the draft:

#1 our own
#1 DAL 
#2 our own
#3 NYG
#3 our own
#3 DAL 

That would be SIX picks in the first 100 players in a draft that is deep at OLine
among other positions (WR, CB).  Of course if the defense collapses over the final
four games you can ignore this

How the defense performs will be interesting. Big test for Gregg Williams, who's passed most of the tests that he's been presented so far. I don't know if he gets past this, though. He's had Adams all over the field. He's gonna have to try to replace that from many different players. There's no one player he can plug in to replace what Adams does. 

So it's kinda two-fold. Yeah, if the defense performs well, Douglas may be more inclined to trade him. But if the defense implodes without him, Adams' value probably goes up - leading JD to be more inclined to trade him. 

I think the rumors at the trade deadline suggest that JD will be looking for a pro bowl caliber player at a position of need (OL, CB - they're not getting a pro bowl edge rusher for him), along with a pick. If it's just picks, I think a #1 & #3 is about the best that you could hope to get. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Probably not, if I had to guess.

I think he gets traded.

I think he gets traded for less than Jets Fans think.

As I have said, I support trading him.  He's a very good Safety.  He'd be good to have if we were a legit competitor for a title and secure at other positions.  But we're not, we're literally entering year 1 (again) of what appears to be a full rebuild everywhere but at QB.  A very good Safety is simply a luxury we, one of the worst offensive teams of the past 10 years, cannot afford.  It's better for him, let him play for a competitor that really needs him.  It's better for us, multiple picks can and should be used to build around Sam Darnold, specifically.  We must become relevant again, and the route to that is not Defense, it's Offense and Sam.  Good luck to Adams, but we have our own path to plow following Sam.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, KRL said:

It seems like Jamal Adams injury is pretty serious (high ankle?) and with only
four games left he may not make it back.  What's going to be interesting to watch
is the play of the defense.  If they play at a respectable or better level will
that put the thought in Joe Douglas head that the defense can perform well without
Adams?  If that occurs I will not be shocked if Douglas pulls the trigger and looks
to send Adams to DAL in the off-season.  Getting back picks over the next two years
to restructure and restock the team would be more beneficial than having a high
priced impact safety.  Jerry Jones isn't happy with DAL and I could see him making
major changes, not only in their coaching staff but in their roster.  If Douglas
could get something like a #1 and #3 this year and a #2 next year the roster could
get overhauled quickly.  Imagine having these picks in the draft:

#1 our own
#1 DAL 
#2 our own
#3 NYG
#3 our own
#3 DAL 

That would be SIX picks in the first 100 players in a draft that is deep at OLine
among other positions (WR, CB).  Of course if the defense collapses over the final
four games you can ignore this

Adams ??? Who needs him. Trade him and aquire a few more inside defensive lineman in FA and the draft.  Since Williams is not looking too good, this position is a priority.  They need to trade Adams, Darnold, Robbie Anderson, Griffin and load up on defensive tackles.  It is such a priority I would strongly recommend that they use every pick in the 2020 draft on defensive tackles.  It will be worth it if one of them works out.  Then you can trade him for more picks to use on interior defensive lineman... 

22 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously? After Adams was a one man wrecking crew fo r three wins, you think the FO is going to determine whether to trade him based on the performance of the defense that is missing half it’s starters over the last four meaningless games ? Nope. He’s staying unless the Jets are offered a boatload of picks and he should stay.  

Jamal is not perfect. And sure you'd rather your best defensive player be a linebacker or edge rusher - but he really is one of the best playing his position right now. 

However the kid brings so much more to the table than just how he plays his position.

He's not Tom Brady or Arron Donald. But he IS a cornerstone guy. You want more guys who share his passion and desire to win. You don't trade them away. You don't change your culture for the better by doing that

Fans always bitch about how the players don't take losing as hard as we do.  Jamal Adams is probably the first Jet to take losing HARDER than us. And he's really awesome.

But people want to ship him out for lottery tickets?  I'd like to think there are other ways to build a roster.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

55 minutes ago, Team archer said:

If word gets back to douglas which it will on how much jamal is wanting on his next deal, it could be too much for douglas. Then if they franchise him that could make things worse. So i can see them trading him to get picks plus not wanting to deal with giving adams a high contract

Adams is under contract for 2020.  Then there is the team 5th year option for 2021.  Then they can still franchise him.  If this team rolls over on this **** because he wants to be a Cowboy out of fear that he could "make things worse" I will contribute to fly the ******* banner.  The system is crooked.  It favors the owners, if we don't take advantage we deserve to lose.

BTW, the 2011 CBA expires after the 2020 season.  Making decisions on guys you control past that is probably bad business.  The cap may go way up and we may be able to allocate a ton more money on safety than we should be under the current deal.  That is why Cousins deal expires after 2020.  So he can take advantage of the new CBA.  

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

1, 3 AND a 2 for a guy who is clearly not happy to be here and is probably thisclose to holding out? Unlikely.

The Jets would be lucky to get the 1+ that Dallas offered at the trade deadline.

As to the topic: Nah, he's checked out mentally. He'll be gone by TC

Holding out really isn't that much of a thing under this CBA.  A few real divas making noise got away with threatening it, but this isn't 1983. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know how anyone looks at the current roster and concludes that we 1. Don’t need a sh*tload of draft picks to start repairing it and 2. We should commit huge dollars to a defensive back who has one extreme garbage time interception this year. 

Just because we need to accumulate more picks doesn't mean that the only way to do so is to trade Adams. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Adams is under contract for 2020.  Then there is the team 5th year option for 2021.  Then they can still franchise him.

Ezekial Elliot was in the same position this year and he held out.  Jamal thinks he is in the category of Tom Brady etc.  if you think Adams is showing up this year w/o being the highest paid safety in the league you are crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

However the kid brings so much more to the table than just how he plays his position.

Does he?

Sure, he dances around, but have we heard anyone, besides Jamal, talk about Jamal's leadership?  Because, we've certainly heard him undermine the front office.  We've certainly heard him compare himself to Brady and Donald.  And, we've certainly heard rumblings from other leaders on the team that they weren't happy with the "moarr dawgs" comment.

I would be absolutely shocked, if he is traded, if we don't hear a number of anonymous, and maybe some not so anonymous quotes about what a jackass/diva he is/was.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am a huge fan of Adams.  Huge.

That said, let's just pretend they can get a first and some other picks from the Cowboys.

Based on the general area where the Jets and Cowboys are picking currently the Jets could potentially walk away with Andrew Thomas/Tristan Wirfs AND CeeDee Lamb/Tee Higgins.  Plus hopefully another few starters with picks squired through various moves.

Almost can't say no.

Correct.  We could go into this draft with two 1s, two 2s and two 3s.  and we would get additional picks for adams too.  it would be a no brainer.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

this is getting silly.  i haven't seen any indications that adams doesn't want to be a jet for next season and beyond.  douglas did listen to trade options for adams but that is normal for just about every player.  i suspect if a good deal comes around he will listen and might execute it.

as for the defense, the bungles only scored 5 points in the second half, 2 of those off a safety, and that was with adams hobbled.  the defense played pretty well without adams being 100%.  does this mean douglas will trade him?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don’t know how anyone looks at the current roster and concludes that we 1. Don’t need a sh*tload of draft picks to start repairing it and 2. We should commit huge dollars to a defensive back who has one extreme garbage time interception this year. 

Revis for 4 or 5 years was one of the best corner backs who ever played. Not many interceptions during that time. why? Nobody threw his way. when Adams is in coverage, why would a team throw his way? You might not think he's all that much. He is clearly the best player in that secondary. you would agree with that. No?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1