Thursday Night Football

41 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think the cowboys suck because Garrett is a horrible coach. Roster has too much talent to be a 6-7 team.

Don't understand your Dak hate. He's not a top 5 qb but he is good. Jet fans should hope darnold becomes as good as Dak is. 

Give him that OL, Cooper and Zeke and he would be way better.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Really?  How so?

Wake me up when darnold finishes a season with 23 TDS and 4 interceptions. Darnold is more likely to toss 4 ints in a single game than to toss 4 in an entire season.

Dak’s got some pretty stats for sure. And I don’t think he’s a bad quarterback at all.

You’re right in that I think Dak is less likely to meltdown like we’ve seen Darnold do a few times. But I don’t think any other aspect of his game is better than Darnold’s. This is just my opinion obviously but when I watch the two play, Darnold at his best is better than Dak at his best. He makes more big-time throws under worse circumstances. 

No way would I trade Darnold for Dak. I think many GM’s would feel the same. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Really?  How so?

Wake me up when darnold finishes a season with 23 TDS and 4 interceptions. Darnold is more likely to toss 4 ints in a single game than to toss 4 in an entire season.

Darnold basically had a Dak game vs the Bengals dinking and dunking didn't have any ints. Is that really what you want to wish for? I rather Darnold bust completely or be an elite QB not someone that will be just slightly better than ok.

Paying Dak franchise QB money would be the dumbest move ever. He is SOOOO overrated. He is just exceedingly average. Got lots of garbage time stats tonight though.

But Dallas is just completely awful. RAMS should beat them.

Who would have thought that the Redskins and Giants after the first 9 weeks or so would both have actual chances to win the division?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Welp said:

Darnold basically had a Dak game vs the Bengals dinking and dunking didn't have any ints. Is that really what you want to wish for? I rather Darnold bust completely or be an elite QB not someone that will be just slightly better than ok.

Slightly better thank ok? Dak is a 2X pro bowler and a top 10 qb in this league weather you think so or not. Probably right around the 7-10 range.

This year Dak ranks 1st in passing yards, 3rd highest qbr, 3rd in TDS thrown, and 11th in completion percentage.  (Darnold is 21st or worse in all those categories)

So, yes I hope darnold can eventually put up numbers like Dak. Because right now statistically darnold doesnt even come close.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Slightly better thank ok? Dak is a 2X pro bowler and a top 10 qb in this league weather you think so or not. Probably right around the 7-10 range.

This year Dak ranks 1st in passing yards, 3rd highest qbr, 3rd in TDS thrown, and 11th in completion percentage.  (Darnold is 24th or worse in all those categories)

So, yes I hope darnold can eventually put up numbers like Dak. Because right now statistically darnold doesnt even come close.

Yeah but forget numbers, you gotta use your eyes, lol.

52 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This year Dak ranks 1st in passing yards, 3rd highest qbr, 3rd in TDS thrown, and 11th in completion percentage.  (Darnold is 21st or worse in all those categories)

Did you actually watch the game and think Dak and their offensive looked impressive? He had 334 yards of basically meaningless yards but hey that looks real impressive on a stat sheet. There's a reason why he has all those passing yards and his team is below .500. As Aikman said stats mean nothing in a game like that.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Dak’s got some pretty stats for sure. And I don’t think he’s a bad quarterback at all.

You’re right in that I think Dak is less likely to meltdown like we’ve seen Darnold do a few times. But I don’t think any other aspect of his game is better than Darnold’s. This is just my opinion obviously but when I watch the two play, Darnold at his best is better than Dak at his best. He makes more big-time throws under worse circumstances. 

No way would I trade Darnold for Dak. I think many GM’s would feel the same. 

And Prescott turned down $30Mill...I wouldn’t pay him $3...because he’ll NEVER win a SB..and that’s what this is all about, right?

Douglas puts some professional players around Darnold, especially OL...Darnold is going to want $100Mill a year in 3 years, if Prescott insanely thinks he’s worth 40.  If Darnold was QBing the Cowboys THIS year, with that stacked team, I think at worst they are 10-3 right now.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah but forget numbers, you gotta use your eyes, lol.

Yeah that’s right “use your eyes”.  

Darnold has virtually NO Pros on his Offense whereas Prescott not only has Pros...he has virtually an All-Star team around him.

You think Prescott will EVER win anything of consequence?  I don’t.

I also think Darnold would do WAY more with the same Cowboy team Prescott has than Prescott ever will.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think the cowboys suck because Garrett is a horrible coach. Roster has too much talent to be a 6-7 team.

Don't understand your Dak hate. He's not a top 5 qb but he is good. Jet fans should hope darnold becomes as good as Dak is. 

I don’t hate Dak

He is what he is, a middle of the pack starting QB.

Not some Top 5 or even Top 10 QB like all of the “metrics”, “analytics”, or “statistics” say he is.

This is why I’ve been saying all along to use your own two eyeballs to evaluate a player. Not rely on some mathematical formula to judge an athlete.

8 hours ago, Welp said:

Agreed but I would really like to see Darnold with an offense surrounding him like Dak has before really giving him a hard grade. There isn’t one player on the Jets who would start for Dallas on offense 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Agreed but I would really like to see Darnold with an offense surrounding him like Dak has before really giving him a hard grade. There isn’t one player on the Jets who would start for Dallas on offense 

Dak Prescott has started 61 games in the NFL and plays for one of the most loaded teams in the entire league.  His offense is especially loaded having a top 5 OL, top 5 RB, a top 10 WR, one of the best up and coming WR's in the league and veteran pass catchers all around him and he currently has 2 more wins than Sam Darnold who plays on arguably the worst team in the NFL, behind the worst OL in the NFL with average to below average weaponz.

This is once again a situation where Jets fans pay zero attention to the details but will let DVOA tell them that Dak Prescott in the best QB in the NFL and Sam Darnold cant hold a candle to him.  Yet, when I watched them play head to head, it wasnt even arguable who was the better QB on the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is once again a situation where Jets fans pay zero attention to the details but will let DVOA tell them that Dak Prescott in the best QB in the NFL and Sam Darnold cant hold a candle to him.  Yet, when I watched them play head to head, it wasnt even arguable who was the better QB on the field.

Hes third in dvoa this year, not first, and will fall some after this week. He was in the 20's last year 

No doubt hes helped by the talent around him.

However your eyes and many of the people here were all but ready to bail on Sam in October. To go from he sucks to hes elite in 4/5 games is far more egregious an issue than DVOA, QBR and any other metric overating DAK 3/4 through a season in which his numbers are indeed fantastic. So spare us the omg Dak being highly rated unequivicolly proves eyez>math nonsense, when your own eye test was done with Darnold in October and will be done with him again if he lay's a few more eggs. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hes third in dvoa this year, not first, and will fall some after this week. He was in the 20's last year 

No doubt hes helped by the talent around him.

However your eyes and many of the people here were all but ready to bail on Sam in October. To go from he sucks to hes elite in 4/5 games is far more egregious an issue than DVOA, QBR and any other metric overating DAK 3/4 through a season in which his numbers are indeed fantastic. So spare us the omg Dak being highly rated unequivicolly proves eyez>math nonsense, when your own eye test was done with Darnold in October and will be done with him again if he lay's a few more eggs. 

Never once have I called him elite.  I've repeated ad nauseam he's far from a finished product.  Maybe some on the board have said he's elite but I have to think a smart guy like you is able to decipher the rational vs. irrational posters and ignore the hyperbolic garbage.  I've always supported my position with facts.  Just like the post you responded to.  I dont see what changing my opinion on him matters here.  He looked broken and now he doesnt.  Great thing about the league, your career isnt defined by a few bad performances, there are more games to be played and Darnold bounced back like a G.  Stop telling me what I will and wont do, you dont know sh*t.  

You want another fact, when my eyes told me that Darnold was better than Dak that Sunday, so did your stupid advanced stats.  So spare me that my eyes cant tell me what your stupid advanced stats say.  The same stats that lie to you and tell you that Dak Prescott is the 3rd best QB in the league after Mitch Trubisky made him look like they were playing a different position.  And the fact you keep refusing to take situation into hand makes you just as moronic as your stupid advanced stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

And Prescott turned down $30Mill...I wouldn’t pay him $3...because he’ll NEVER win a SB..and that’s what this is all about, right?

Douglas puts some professional players around Darnold, especially OL...Darnold is going to want $100Mill a year in 3 years, if Prescott insanely thinks he’s worth 40.  If Darnold was QBing the Cowboys THIS year, with that stacked team, I think at worst they are 10-3 right now.

Would the Jets have still beaten them??

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Never once have I called him elite.  I've repeated ad nauseam he's far from a finished product.  Maybe some on the board have said he's elite but I have to think a smart guy like you is able to decipher the rational vs. irrational posters and ignore the hyperbolic garbage.  I've always supported my position with facts.  Just like the post you responded to.  I dont see what changing my opinion on him matters here.  He looked broken and now he doesnt.  Great thing about the league, your career isnt defined by a few bad performances, there are more games to be played and Darnold bounced back like a G.  Stop telling me what I will and wont do, you dont know sh*t.  

You want another fact, when my eyes told me that Darnold was better than Dak that Sunday, so did your stupid advanced stats.  So spare me that my eyes cant tell me what your stupid advanced stats say.  The same stats that lie to you and tell you that Dak Prescott is the 3rd best QB in the league after Mitch Trubisky made him look like they were playing a different position.  And the fact you keep refusing to take situation into hand makes you just as moronic as your stupid advanced stats.

Say what you want about Trubisky, the kid has played his best football in two "must win" playoff type games back to back. 6 TD passes.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Never once have I called him elite. 

I mean you said Dak can't hold a candle to him and I assume you will agree Dak is atleast average, so it doesn't seem like that big of a leap to elite from "an average guy can't hold a candle to him"

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Welp said:

There is a huge difference. Dak has all day to throw and he still dinks and dunks and Sam only does it to save his life. Also, Dak's weapons are significantly better, which makes it ten times worse. Not sure how you can even compare if you watch the time Dak has compared to Sam. Sam to a fault would rather throw downfield than go to his check down.

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Losmeister  neg rep me one more time for beautifully articulating my spot on take and see what happens.  I dare you!  

that was for fun.

btw, yes sam outplayed dak in a head to head. 

dilligaf

sam, along with OL, Dbs, WRs needs to improve if we are to become competitive.

you can put all those needs to improve in different order. doesnt matter. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

that was for fun.

btw, yes sam outplayed dak in a head to head. 

dilligaf

sam, along with OL, Dbs, WRs needs to improve if we are to become competitive.

you can put all those needs to improve in different order. doesnt matter. 

OL is a priority one Sam or no Sam.

11 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Would be nice if we had a good oline, zeke, cooper, gallup to help darnold out. Instead we have a washed up Bell, a terrible oline, and mediocre  wrs.