Would you be OK with ALL OL?

NYJ1

Would you be happy if Joe dedicated all of his off-season tools (FA and the draft) to the OL? If he didn't fix a single other problem with the team, but the team came out in 2020 with a completely rebuilt OL. An OL that by game 4, was consistently opening holes for Leveon Bell and allowing Bell to put up the kind of numbers he did in Pitt? An OL that was providing great protection for Darnold and allowing him to develop into a franchise QB? Would you be happy with that? I personally would. I also think that completely rebuilding the OL in one off-season IS possible if he dedicated all of his resources to it? Use FA to get a Tackle and a Guard. Use the draft and take OL with all of your first 3 picks. Pick out a couple of the retreads we currently have and resign them as depth. Voila, one off-season and a completely overhauled OL. What's your thoughts?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Would you be happy if Joe dedicated all of his off-season tools (FA and the draft) to the OL? If he didn't fix a single other problem with the team, but the team came out in 2020 with a completely rebuilt OL. An OL that by game 4, was consistently opening holes for Leveon Bell and allowing Bell to put up the kind of numbers he did in Pitt? An OL that was providing great protection for Darnold and allowing him to develop into a franchise QB? Would you be happy with that? I personally would. I also think that completely rebuilding the OL in one off-season IS possible if he dedicated all of his resources to it? Use FA to get a Tackle and a Guard. Use the draft and take OL with all of your first 3 picks. Pick out a couple of the retreads we currently have and resign them as depth. Voila, one off-season and a completely overhauled OL. What's your thoughts?

No

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's not ideal, but I couldn't possibly complain.

That's my thought process. There's a million other needs on this team. There's a lot of other things I'd like to fix, but OL has been neglected for so long it's literally become the most dire need I've ever seen the Jets have? It's kind of one of things where you could draft OL every year? It's one of those needs where it pays to consistently have OL rising up through the ranks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hell no. The opposite end of not drafting OL is using all your resources on OL, but both are equally idiotic.

It's not idiotic when the OL has been neglected for as long as our OL has and it's also a great use of picks if that's the BPA lies? I don't know if this draft is particularly strong in OL, but there's scenarios where that becomes a good use of resources.

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

HELL NO!!

This team has way to many issues to do that....we are not a one off season fix team.

Yes, within reason. Say they paid a couple interior offensive lineman in free agency and then drafted all O-line in the first three rounds. I'd be good with a complete sell out of their top 100 picks. I'm normally BPA all the way but a kind of targeted draft like that is timely given where Sam is in his development.

Of course SOMETHING has to go elsewhere, whether it's re-signing Anderson and Edwards or grabbing an edge rusher that's worth his salt.

• Sympathy 1

Nah, that's overkill.  Draft two OL in the first three picks for sure, though, This is supposedly a great WR draft, so grab one in round 2 or 3. 

First pick definitely should be BOTA -- Best Offensive Tackle Available. Then, a good young C would be very nice. Start the build like the last good Jets OL was (Brick and Mangold anchored the line for years)

However, after grabbing at least 2 OL and a WR in the first three rounds, take one more OL then go BPA, esp. if a good CB or Edge prospect is on the board.

In free agency, try to grab one quality OL if possible, but avoid the castoff JAGs that Mac was so fond of wasting money on.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the OL take two years, even if the Jets nail the picks in 2020.