After Today We Need to Re-Sign Jamal!!

I was at the game today and he was nonstop on the sidelines trying to pump the fans up and also the team.  He WANTS to be here.  There are not many Jets players we can say that about. 

He maybe didn’t handle the trade rumors well but he wants to be here.  His passion on the field reminds me of Chad Pennington (obviously different positions).  That’s also the last time I remember seeing an injured Jets player on the sideline cheering the team on.   

Sure we can get draft picks but it’s the first time I’ve been excited about a player on our roster in several years.  We can’t trade away one of the few talented players who want to be here.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I was at the game today and he was nonstop on the sidelines trying to pump the fans up and also the team.  He WANTS to be here.  There are not many Jets players we can say that about. 

He maybe didn’t handle the trade rumors well but he wants to be here.  His passion on the field reminds me of Chad Pennington (obviously different positions).  That’s also the last time I remember seeing an injured Jets player on the sideline cheering the team on.   

Sure we can get draft picks but it’s the first time I’ve been excited about a player on our roster in several years.  We can’t trade away one of the few talented players who want to be here.  

Did Mike Gesicki’s mom write this 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pac said:

The fins were missing their 2 top receivers and Fitz was doing a Steve Young impression.

If Parker doesn't go down we lose...  probably by 14.

injuries are part of the game. The Jets have been missing some of their best players all season. 

I like Jamal and would not mind the Jets resigning him on the right deal, but I don't think this is a great game to use in Jamal's defense. The defense survived without him. 

• Upvote 1

A 1st and 3rd and I ship him out of here like last Tuesday.

Very good player, but we need the assets.

I like Douglas, but he should’ve taken the deal from Dallas if they were honestly offering a 1st and 3rd. That 1st looks likes it’s going to be in the teens right now.

CeeDee Lamb, Tyler Biadasz and Trey Adams in the first 2 rounds >> Hanging on to Jamal Adams and paying him $16 million a year

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

They can't sign him until January for what it's worth. They have to wait until after his third regular season ends.

And I would re-sign him ASAP, unless there's an equivalent offensive difference maker somebody is willing to trade. 15-16 million a year, make him the highest paid safety, because he's just that much of an all around an impact player.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

A 1st and 3rd and I ship him out of here like last Tuesday.

Luckily you're not the GM. 

Joe D isn't taking that deal...  At this point he's probably not taking his deadline asking price of a 1st and two 2's either.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Also think we have to keep WR Anderson since he is becoming a more complete receiver and is very hard for other teams to fully shutdown.

16 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

We have cheerleaders to do that job. They make maybe $15 an hour. If we can get a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd, I say goodbye. We can't afford the luxury of paying a safety 15  or 16 million a year when we have so many holes to fill. Hopefully JD makes decisions based on business, and not with his heart. I love the way Jamal plays, but you have to do what is best for the team. It is time this team thought about using good business judgement.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

You get it! Totally agreement 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

YOU said we didn't give up a TD today and I reminded you we played the Dolphins. 

yes, a team that scored 37 points last week and has scored a touchdown every week since September, and to my knowledge, every game that Fitz has started.

so, I’ll ask again, what was your point? 

Just now, slimjasi said:

yes, a team that scored 37 points last week and has scored a touchdown every week since September, and to my knowledge, every game that Fitz has started.

so, I’ll ask again, what was your point? 

The 3-10 Miami Dolphins even on a day we win you find something to whine about. 

Go root for another team. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No but they gave up over 100 yards rushing to an old non mobile QB and a 205 lb rookie RB that average 2.3 yards a carry before this game. 

Hey, Fitz made some plays. 

I’ll give up 100 yards rushing to the QB every week if it also means we keep them out of the endzone.

i would make that trade every week until the end of time. 

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Are the signing him to be a safety or a cheerleader?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's ok to have a player on the Jets that has HOF potential.

I promise.

LOL

Ronnie Lott is a HOF safety. Ed Reed is a HOF safety. Troy Polamalu is a HOF safety. Deron Cherry is a HOF safety.

Everyone else?

Who gives a flying rats scrotum.

Jamal Adams is a very good player on a talent devoid team who thinks he has the same impact as arguably the greatest QB to ever step on a football field or a once in a generation interior DL who averages 16 sacks a season.

If this dude didn’t talk such a big game, you’d barely be able to distinguish him from Marcus Maye.

You Jamal apologists are hilarious. If he doesn’t get traded, then the 2nd best scenario is for him to hold out this summer and watch as you goofs turn on him en masse as you realize what his true colors really are.

As I said before, some of Revis’ biggest supporters started to sh*t on him left, right and center when he held out and he was arguably the greatest corner we’ve ever seen step on a football field during his prime. AKA 5x the player Jamal Adams will ever be.

Dudes like Lott, Reed and Polamalu rub their nuts in Jamal’s face. Hell, you could make an argument for some of his contemporaries doing the same (Derwin James, Harrison Smith, Devin McCourty, etc).

Yes, I will absolutely accept a 1st and 3rd in return for his services and removing a $16 million a year contract off the books moving forward.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I too want Jamal Adams for his entire career. I wouldn't accept anything less than two 1st rounders in trade for him. Apparently,  Joe Douglas wanted the Cowboys 1st rounder and Zack Martin. I would have made that trade. Anything short of that should be end of discussion.