OT Edoga and WR Smith to IR

joewilly12

30 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Apparently the Jets have consistently been one of the most injured teams in the league over the past few years.

IR designations per team for 2015-2018 seasons:

https://www.sportfacts.org/nfl-injuries-by-team/

nfl-injuries-by-year.png

New York Jets
2015 - 20
2016 - 20
2017 - 23
2018 - 19
2015-2018 total = 82, third highest in the league over this span.

With this context, you have to wonder how much of this is on Gase, or is it simply that our training/condition program is subpar? Or maybe it's just that bad players tend to get injured more frequently due to poor fundamentals, technique, or simply being outmatched.

What's the amount for this season? 

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

How the hell can ateam have this many injuries....this is way beyond a bad run of misfortune this has to be down to poor fitness, conditioning, technique or preparation

The owners and Douglas obviously need to take a long look at everything this off-season especially strength and conditioning on top of drafting and FA. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fullblast said:

Apparently the Jets have consistently been one of the most injured teams in the league over the past few years.

nfl-injuries-by-year.png

New York Jets
2015 - 20
2016 - 20
2017 - 23
2018 - 19

With this context, you have to wonder how much of this is on Gase, or is it simply that our training/condition program is subpar? Or maybe it's just that bad players tend to get injured more frequently due to poor fundamentals, technique, or simply being outmatched.

Interesting chart. I will point out that all the teams at the bottom (with exception of the Saints) have been pretty bad over this time frame. Not much incentive to rush guys back if the team is eliminated by November.

The opposite is true for the teams at the top with the exception of the Bungles. 

That may have something to do with it?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, fullblast said:

nfl-injuries-by-year.png

New York Jets
2015 - 20
2016 - 20
2017 - 23
2018 - 19

That shows me a track record of poor protocols by the S&C department.  Galac has a good name in the industry, but it may be time to start looking outside and bring in someone new.  Offseason, and inseason conditioning and training are the primary deterrent to most injuries.  I would throw money at Jim Radcliff over at oregon, he significantly reduced the amount of soft tissue injuries as well as catastrophic knee injuries at oregon during his tenure there.  He's older so I'm not sure he would take the job (he's been at oregon something like 30 years), but even to have him as a consultant would be smart. 

6 hours ago, fullblast said:

nfl-injuries-by-year.png

New York Jets
2015 - 20
2016 - 20
2017 - 23
2018 - 19

Great post.  I had been looking for this info.  

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Interesting chart. I will point out that all the teams at the bottom (with exception of the Saints) have been pretty bad over this time frame. Not much incentive to rush guys back if the team is eliminated by November.

The opposite is true for the teams at the top with the exception of the Bungles. 

That may have something to do with it?

Very good point.

8 hours ago, redlichtie said:

How the hell can ateam have this many injuries....this is way beyond a bad run of misfortune this has to be down to poor fitness, conditioning, technique or preparation

Enjoy.....probably the same next year.  Really seems unfortunate that this is a lot more than “bad luck”, because it happens to Gase’s teams every single year.

Haha moron Johnson...”Peyton Manning called...that’s good enough for me.  What does due what?  Due diligence? What does that mean?

”Mike Maccagnan was about to be fired as a Scout in Houston?!?!  That’s news to me.  That strange guy Casserly wouldn’t stop talking my ear off about how good he was.  So I took his word”.

11m11 minutes ago More

Jets Place OT Chuma Edoga & WR Jeff Smith On Injured Reserve http://bit.ly/35smQqB 

EMBPCgZXUAAFepM.jpg&key=38175b5cf64973a8aa3e769db1f64c31c86ee0a14a7f66526f118edb5ce0ec14      

I heard this and laughed. Jeff smith just got on the team and played one game. Boom! IR

This season, more than any other, has been cursed. The fact we scraped out 5 wins is a miracle.
Add to it that we’re going to win out and it’s a credit to Sam “the Ham sandwich” Darnold.

PS...The wins are really only to add to the cursed season by removing the ability to grab the blue chipper OL,WR or trade back in this strong qb draft. There will be at least three trades Into the top 10 we win out and it won’t be with us.

Jeff friggin Smith

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I heard this and laughed. Jeff smith just got on the team and played one game. Boom! IR

This season, more than any other, has been cursed. The fact we scraped out 5 wins is a miracle.
Add to it that we’re going to win out and it’s a credit to Sam “the Ham sandwich” Darnold.

PS...The wins are really only to add to the cursed season by removing the ability to grab the blue chipper OL,WR or trade back in this strong qb draft. There will be at least three trades Into the top 10 we win out and it won’t be with us.

Jeff friggin Smith

Injuries have decimated this team this season. 

Is it the CBA rules with the practices and training or is it poor strength and conditioning in house. 

These players have all the best equipment,facilities and Dr's cant seem to grasp why this happening and with so many players. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

WR Jeff Smith who looked decent was put in IR, my guess is WR Keon Hatcher  will replace him and be active. 

Josh Malone would probably get called up 

Yeah, the fact that we have left the 2 spots open probably means that 2 PS guys will be activated before the next game.

Malone at WR and Braden at OL would be my guesses.

Injuries have decimated this team this season. 
Is it the CBA rules with the practices and training or is it poor strength and conditioning in house. 
These players have all the best equipment,facilities and Dr's cant seem to grasp why this happening and with so many players. 

I truly wonder what it is. Out trainer Titus or whatever has been touted as a guy In the know but something has to be going on. Whoever do you point to if not THe trainer? I’ve heard our practices are on the intense side, and I look at that as a positive but someone has to be going on so maybe it’s the practice regimen???

I really don’t know. Maybe it’s just bad luck. Or bad karma or just a bad team of bad players with bad cartilage and bad bones.
Either way it sucks and I’ve never seen anything like it. I thought the Skins had it bad last season but we’ve lost more for longer than even they did.

It’s truly unbelievable. Then we have a coach who won’t play the healthy RB we have.lol.

Who knows?