Adam Gase - Burner Account? MERGED

Maxman

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Correct. If this is proven to be a Gase burner account and he’s the one behind it in any way it’s a fireable offense. Some of the stuff in there is critical of Sam, Bell, QW and the training staff. But also it’s very complimentary to Robby.

The 76ers canned their gm over something similar. How can you expect players to work with the coach if the coach is being a backstabby sob separating himself from players he has to coach.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What was Ed Reed's video about?  

Reed posted a video saying some people have jobs they haven’t earned and don’t belong in football.

Fun fact: Ed Reed has been posting tweets and videos saying that he deserves a HC job. He was on the LeBatard show and said he should be given a head coaching job and not have to work his way through other coaching positions because he understands the game. He then said people that have never played football at a high level shouldn’t be coaches. And then he said the problem with the Jets when he was here was not the coaching (Rex) but other factors (management) influence the on the field product.

Ed Reed has a very stated agenda.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Correct. If this is proven to be a Gase burner account and he’s the one behind it in any way it’s a fireable offense. Some of the stuff in there is critical of Sam, Bell, QW and the training staff. But also it’s very complimentary to Robby.

Difficult to imagine any coach getting so triggered by Twitter criticism that he rushes to make a burner account and uses his child’s name in the handle. That’d be Rex-levels of stupid.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Isn't traceability a key criteria in setting up a burner? Who puts it in their kid's name?

well when you set up a twitter account they can trace where it was posted from, never mind the email address used to register it. All of which needs to be held for legal reasons. So if someone opens up litigation over this it will all be trace. My bet is heavy fines for the coach when in reality he should be fired

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Difficult to imagine any coach getting so triggered by Twitter criticism that he rushes to make a burner account and uses his child’s name in the handle. That’d be Rex-levels of stupid.

There’s no evidence that this account belongs to Gase but if we play a long it’s more fun. During an interview on a Lebatard show podcast Gase was talking to a dolphin fan and he did say “I led the dolphins to their only playoff appearance in 10 years.” That’s similar to some of the stuff in these tweets.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

There’s no evidence that this account belongs to Gase but if we play a long it’s more fun. During an interview on a Lebatard show podcast Gase was talking to a dolphin fan and he did say “I led the dolphins to their only playoff appearance in 10 years.” That’s similar to some of the stuff in these tweets.

Eh. Gase’s burner would be a lot more sarcastic and caustic, I’d think. These tweets read like a maladroit 18 year-old shut-in defending his favorite player. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I fail to see your point. Ego(s) are in play here, nothing is off the table IMO

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Why would there be litigation? And why fired over this of all things? Lol, no.

well  first of all the 76ers did the same for their gm having a burner account and talking about players... precedent is set

let's say next yr they cut a player and he loses money now he was mentioned in this account as the coach hating him for what ever reason, that is a grievance waiting to happen thru the players union.

neither of know the contract for employment  but in most cases now there is abut social media and representing the team league company ect... I signed one and what is posted can be used against me so I am careful about twitter and facebook. Welcome to the new digital world

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. Gase’s burner would be a lot more sarcastic and caustic, I’d think. These tweets read like a maladroit 18 year-old shut-in defending his favorite player. 

I think Gase is more clever than those tweets. But I could see him being proud of his “put down the bottle” comeback.

41 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And if we fire gase and the next guy goes 6-10 you'll want him fired and Darnold will have a new coach and system every year which is a guarantee to kill his chances. 

I hear what you're saying but I also don't want to waste Sam's affordable years on a HC that I think is a dead end either.  When Sam is making $40M per year, we're going to need a HC that can beat good teams under less-than-ideal circumstances.  From what I've seen, I'm not optimistic that Gase can do that.

• Upvote 1

i am not saying this is him , we need more info and proof.

but to those saying there is no way it is him because it doesn't make any sense , you have no idea what you are talking about .

Bryan Colangelo then GM of the up and coming Philadelphia 76's was fired because of the same thing.

in a the ringer.com story that did research (story was by a sixers fan who works there) about a few burner accounts that kept praising Colangelo and everything that he did and criticize the fans , the former beloved GM Sam Hinkie and team superstar Joel Embiid among others , the accounts found out to be with connection to his family , some of them with the name of his son , area code of his wife phone number.

the sixers made a formal investigation where Colangelo blamed his wife of making this accounts on her own mind without his knowledge .

Colangelo was fired to the joy of sixers fans everywhere (because he was an awful GM and was about to ruin the team) 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

anything can happen . coaches  , GM's and players are human and do stupid things that defy logic just like many of us

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Again, i think that is just a boorish way of saying he has FU money. Meaning, he's going to do what he thinks is right and not cowtail to anyone or anything because he doesn't "need" to work.

Which is actually not congruent with someone taking the time and energy to create a burner account and spend hours trying to turn the tide of online and media negativty. If you have some attitude that you are "rich as ****" you don't worry about cretins online

Accurate.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Which is actually not congruent with someone taking the time and energy to create a burner account and spend hours trying to turn the tide of online and media negativty. If you have some attitude that you are "rich as ****" you don't worry about cretins online

I mean, if I was rich, trolling my enemies is all I would do.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

So let me get this straight, 

We are led to believe that Adam Gase, he who hasn't given two sh*ts about criticism in any press conference this year, is secretly weaseling his way around twitter trying to defend his honor? 

Never mind that twitter comments from some random Twitter user are extremely unlikely to get any traction anyways. The man has the ability to leak his side to any reporter he wants thats hungry for dirt on the team. Why the hell would he bother going this route. 

B*tch please lol. People gotta try harder than this to dig up dirt on someone.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the account that found it also created it.  Anyone here actually hear of "Cool Your Jets Podcast" before today?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

If anyone thinks Adam Gase set up a twitter account using his son's first name to defend himself to dopey fans on the internet... Oh boy.

It's significantly more likely the account was created by the person who "found" it, for just this gotcha moment.

Thanks.

people here will believe everything. 

Yesterday manish is hated and not to be trusted today he is a god. Give it a rest 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1