Has Freddie Kitchens (Baker Mayfield) lost the locker room (fan base)?

jetstream23

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don’t think there’s any might about it. Their talent and ours isn’t even in the same universe, and yet here we both sit. What a disaster.

the hype was unreal. modern times I guess. I bet against it and the warrick Dunn homes for the holidays is the better for it

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s far worse than the Jets season 

Plenty of goofs were picking these dicks to compete for a Super Bowl.

Their young QB went from “golden boy” filming 30 commercials in the offseason to one of the worst starting QB’s in the league who the fans are turning on in droves.

Mayfield and Beckham were supposed to break records together, yet Beckham was asking for a trade 6-7 weeks into their first season as a duo.

Their best defensive player cracked a dude in the head with a helmet and is suspended indefinitely.

Freddie Kitchens went from up-and-coming offensive mastermind to the most hated man in the state of Ohio.

They’re a complete and utter sh*tshow and I couldn’t be more delighted. That fanbase went from sympathetic to a bunch of arrogant douchebags after a 7 win season. They deserve all of the fail that is coming their way.

Good stuff

Still better than Pats fans

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s far worse than the Jets season 

Plenty of goofs were picking these dicks to compete for a Super Bowl.

Their young QB went from “golden boy” filming 30 commercials in the offseason to one of the worst starting QB’s in the league who the fans are turning on in droves.

Mayfield and Beckham were supposed to break records together, yet Beckham was asking for a trade 6-7 weeks into their first season as a duo.

Their best defensive player cracked a dude in the head with a helmet and is suspended indefinitely.

Freddie Kitchens went from up-and-coming offensive mastermind to the most hated man in the state of Ohio.

They’re a complete and utter sh*tshow and I couldn’t be more delighted. That fanbase went from sympathetic to a bunch of arrogant douchebags after a 7 win season. They deserve all of the fail that is coming their way.

Good stuff

I feel like you (and many others) are unfairly hard on CLE....

Yes, maybe it's because i have Browns fans in the family, but what has this franchise done to deserve anyone's ire or vitriol. Dorsey's Freddie experiment is one most people understand -- and it failed. Guy can't run a lockeroom. So be it.

But of all the snooty, arshole, stuck up fanbases - CLE is not one that warrants Jets fans (cmon) doubling down on... I think too much of this is steeped in some need to compare our success to Baker's. Who cares? I hope Baker comes around and takes over that division - which is filled with jerk fans and jerk franchises. 

• Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes, maybe it's because i have Browns fans in the family, but what has this franchise done to deserve anyone's ire or vitriol. Dorsey's Freddie experiment is one most people understand -- and it failed. Guy can't run a lockeroom. So be it.

But of all the snooty, arshole, stuck up fanbases - CLE is not one that warrants Jets fans (cmon) doubling down on... I think too much of this is steeped in some need to compare our success to Baker's. Who cares? I hope Baker comes around and takes over that division - which is filled with jerk fans and jerk franchises. 

It probably stems mostly from the goofs on social media, who have suddenly disappeared over the last 2 months.

For a year straight, stuff that didn’t even have to do with the Browns or Mayfield, Browns fans would suddenly swarm in and talk smack.

Any positive story/tweet/anecdote about Darnold, Lamar, Allen, etc suddenly Browns fans would show up en masse talking about how they all sucked, Baker was way better, the Browns were Super Bowl bound, etc.

Like I said, I used to sympathize with the Browns and their fanbase prior to 2018, but then after one season, in which they still finished below .500 and 3rd in their division, they became completely intolerable.

Now obviously that’s social media and 90% of all of that crap is toxic, but seeing as how I live nowhere near Ohio, that’s my only real interaction with Browns fans. I realize the same could be said about pretty much the majority of all fanbases on stuff like Twitter, but Cleveland fans especially have been unbearable lately.

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Paradis said:

"Baker" is not going to take over that division.  What Untouchable said was right but it is not uncommon in sports.  I see it all the time with my Edmonton oilers.  We stink for 15 years and then after the team wins 5 games or so each year the fan base is a projecting great things.

• Upvote 1

Why the Browns fired Greg Williams and went with Freddie Kitchens, who never even had a coordinators position is beyond me.  The talent Baker has is worlds above what Sam is working with and Baker craps the bed and then whines and looks like a spoiled brat. He's short, slow, inaccurate and not very bright.

Thanks again to the Browns for taking him #1 overall and to Gettleman for taking a RB when they were in desperate need for a QB at #2 when Sam, Rosen and Lamar were on the board.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

For a year straight, stuff that didn’t even have to do with the Browns or Mayfield, Browns fans would suddenly swarm in and talk smack.

Any positive story/tweet/anecdote about Darnold, Lamar, Allen, etc suddenly Browns fans would show up en masse talking about how they all sucked, Baker was way better, the Browns were Super Bowl bound, etc.

That would be irritating, for sure. Surprising though, as most of the browns fans I've seen throughout the year have been walking on egg shells - waiting for the other shoe to drop... which it did. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

2019 QBR to date

#1 Lamar Jackson

#20 Baker Mayfield

#24 Josh Allen

#26 Sam Darnold

You're an idiot. Darnold has one less touchdown in 3 less games. He's also thrown only 12 interceptions in comparison to Bakers 18. This, not to mention Baker has much better talent as compared to the Jets.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

You're an idiot. Darnold has one less touchdown in 3 less games. He's also thrown only 12 interceptions in comparison to Bakers 18. This, not to mention Baker has much better talent as compared to the Jets.

He’s not an idiot. He’s posting stats.

QBR is just an ESPN formula that doesn’t mean anything. The fact that Mitch Trubisky ranked 3rd in the league last year is all you need to know.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1