Gase was right

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Signing Bell was stupid.

Discuss. 

What done is done the Jets would take such a large cap hit. It's really only a 3 year contract after that the Jets could cut him. I agree with you a lot cheaper options like Coleman or drafting Sanders in the 3rd round. That why I hated Mac dumbest GM this team ever had even Idzik was smarter he at least had good cap discipline both couldnt evaluate talent.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I’m not saying Mac was right, but in fairness our offensive line was not good.

Yes. So WHY give a RB $60M? LOL. And last I checked, Mac had 5 years to try to fix it. His answer? Draft Chum Edoga and give a 27 year old RB tens of millions of dollars.  

Idiot. 

Chris Johnson thought balloon: "I am finally going to get rid of that bad coach, but you know that is a lot of work and I don't want to deal with getting rid of the worst GM this team has ever seen.  I know what I'll do!  I'll let him have one last off season with a full draft and all this cap money to spend!  Good idea Chris!  Now lets go and get some ice cream."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

I was also right buying a car was dumb. I wrecked it within a week because I was texting and driving. But I was right!

No why go out and spend 50million on a RB when you have no line to open lanes and protect your QB. Kind of like spending 50000 on a used sports car and driving it on cheap tires and it not performing like it did because you spent your whole savings on a used car but didn't have enough money to buy high performance tires for it. Then expecting the car to perform like it did on performance tires with cheap tires.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

No why go out and spend 50million on a RB when you have no line to open lanes and protect your QB. Kind of like spending 50000 on a used sports car and driving it on cheap tires and it not performing like it did because you spent your whole savings on a used car but didn't have enough money to buy high performance tires for it. Then expecting the car to perform like it did on performance tires with cheap tires.

Ive heard this for years. Can’t invest in RB because we don’t have a line. Can’t invest in QB because we don’t have a line. Can’t invest in a line because we don’t have a QB/RB worth protecting. You can’t control when the pieces come available. There is no one correct order to build a competent offense.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ive heard this for years. Can’t invest in RB because we don’t have a line. Can’t invest in QB because we don’t have a line. Can’t invest in a line because we don’t have a QB/RB worth protecting. You can’t control when the pieces come available. There is no one correct order to build a competent offense.

A franchise QB is hard to get if you have a shot at one you go for it. A RB in today's NFL is dime a dozen as your seeing with Bell. When you have a limit amount of cap money choose between a RB who was result of a top 10 OL or a OL like Mitch Morse who will make your franchise QB better and you can still sign a cheaper option at RB signing a 50million dollar RB is stupid. Just look at the Bill's and Texans they are in the playoffs and the Jets arent.

Signing Bell was stupid.

Discuss. 

The real question is. Where were you on this argument last offseason devoid of the gift of hindsight? Haha.

I’m well documented on the other side of wanting bell to be signed.

That said, he didn’t exactly have the best of opportunities here. JV OL and a coach that hates him. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Good teams always replenish the offensive line.  Macc pretended it didn’t exist.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1